Sponsored

Manual Transmission Club

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
How did you "cancel" your first order. My dealer is telling me once it's accepted, you can't cancel it. I assume your dealer is just taking the first Jeep you ordered for inventory when it's done?
That's what happened when I cancelled the black Rubi and ordered the red one. Moved my deposit over.
Sponsored

Jtny213

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Mountain Edition 2 DR
Got an email that a build sheet for my Sport S (ordered 6/13) was located. I’m taking that as a good sign, as last I heard it was in “F” status, but a little fuzzy on what exactly that means with regard to timeframe.
I got the same thing. Pizza tracker found my build

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
has anyone considered being ambitious enough to start a logic table with everybody's build specs to determine if there is one particular component that is holding up a bunch of orders whereas the ones who are built don't have that component? If it is completely random then we have no idea what's going on otherwise we would be able to pinpoint some particular option delaying the process.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
has anyone considered being ambitious enough to start a logic table with everybody's build specs to determine if there is one particular component that is holding up a bunch of orders whereas the ones who are built don't have that component? If it is completely random then we have no idea what's going on otherwise we would be able to pinpoint some particular option delaying the process.
Started that with the tracking spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18CzyrrDuUyLk1NNhpOmoabLIUt6JA3BXtR-Tlbthhec/edit#gid=0). We originally found that the Granite LEs were delayed using this (before Jeep finally fessed up). Also think folks tried to use that for the steel bumper issue. Biggest challenge is the very small sample set on the forum, the large # of options that could affect the build, and zero insight from Jeep as to what might be the root cause.

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 09 G8, 06 Ram 2500, 83 CJ7, 68 Firebird
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
I heard this morning that a suppliers roof caved in and is causing delays, not sure what part they supply. Welcome to the world of production!

Sponsored

Troutman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jkx, 16 jkuhr, 2020 gladiator

Troutman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
holy shit (sorry for language) i just got a email form jeep/fca saying my gladiator is scheduled for production 7/29

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 09 G8, 06 Ram 2500, 83 CJ7, 68 Firebird
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
holy shit (sorry for language) i just got a email form jeep/fca saying my gladiator is scheduled for production 7/29
Nick, are we safe to assume this is a positive step? I've seen 7/29 on a few occasions as a possible magic date. Still waiting for my e-mail!

Troutman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nick, are we safe to assume this is a positive step? I've seen 7/29 on a few occasions as a possible magic date. Still waiting for my e-mail!
for me it is a positive step, i am waiting for my dealer to confirm though

Jtny213

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
for me it is a positive step, i am waiting for my dealer to confirm though
My dealer said I had a shipping date of 7/14. I texted him on Tuesday 7/16 and he said it shipped on Sunday. I checked with Jeep chat yesterday and they said I was in JB status. I feel like the truck hasn’t shipped yet and he has no idea what’s going on

Sponsored

sog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
472BB787-9D67-47A0-B8AF-B19E0FB3EB45.jpeg

A day after my build sheet hit (Sport S ordered 6/13), Jeep chat just told me I’m in JB. Moving along still, at least.

Troutman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

A day after my build sheet hit (Sport S ordered 6/13), Jeep chat just told me I’m in JB. Moving along still, at least.
Awesome!!

Jtny213

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I heard JB status could be a long wait. I’m in JB status as well.

sog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I heard JB status could be a long wait. I’m in JB status as well.
It’s described here as the “Vendor abyss” so I’m not holding my breath. Still, progress is progress.

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
Per Jeep Chat my status changed to D1 on 7/15, which was day 63 in D status, day 79 since i ordered. Chat doesn't appear to update right away as i checked yesterday and was told it was still in D. No build date yet, they tell me "soon" and advise i can be in "this status" up to 30 days.

So current status is i've been in D1 for 2 days, ordered 81 days ago. White JT Rubi stick.
Sponsored