bangolia

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
He's probably more or less telling the truth as far as the core build. Start to finish down the line probably isn't all that long. It's getting there in the first place, going to JB for things like bedliner and headliner, and KZ waiting for shipping and the actual shipping process that take all the time. Plenty of horror stories to go around there.

So it's a little disingenuous. I'm not sure who holds the build to receive record, @bangolia comes to mind, he was E 7/25 and hit lot 8/12.
I think i was all in about 6.5 weeks form order to delivery on my Sting Gray build. The Gladiator gods were watching over my process as they completely turned a blind eye on my first build. My white JT just got a build sheet after being ordered on 4/27. Just a note... travis is going to have a white rubicon coming in in a few weeks that is up for grabs!
Sponsored

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
I also got my POC today and have an estimated ship date of the 24th (ordered on the 7th) and went from D status to C status this week and POC says C status. Not really holding my breath.

Troutman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jkx, 16 jkuhr, 2020 gladiator
I thought C was a step backwards

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm hanging, until Sunday September 1st. Since they said week of 8-26, I'll give it the full 7 days.

If my build status doesn't change by then, I'm going to let my wallet do the talking and buy from another manufacturer.

I can't in good conscience reward their behavior by giving them my money after that. Given the inequitable build process and more importantly the subsequent treatment by their support, it's already a stretch for me to be willing to bear it this long. The only reason I am is that date.

I love the vehicle, but if everyone just puts up with how they treat people with no consequence, it will never change. The line must be drawn here.

Understand the frustration, but your absence will be replace by someone coming in from another brand having the same experience. I am sure their bean counters account for this to some degree.

Sponsored

JTGlad

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hey guys finally got my red rubicon. Took a lot longer than anticipated, even at the dealer today but went pretty smooth. Bayside Chrysler Jeep really did a great job. Ordered 4/27, Von on 5/7, delivered 8/21. 5% below invoice. Red Rubi pretty close to fully loaded minus the auto (obviously), advanced safety and unfortunately the steel bumper. Trucks awesome , super smooth shifting and the ride. Need to add side steps for my parents. Anyway good luck all. It’s worth the wait! Hang in there guys.

3E10DA72-5CF8-4EA3-AA87-E5C502F46AC4.jpeg

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Well, with word that EP is now applicable, I’m back in the waiting game.

Assuming Gobi orders are being accepted, mine should be in the system first thing in the morning.

Rubicon
Gobi
Manual
M/T’s
8.4 Premium audio
LED’s
Trail cam
Trail Rail
Tow package

I was really tempted to go Hydro Blue, but it’s just not me...and as soon as my wife found out how light the clutch is, she’d take it from me.

Dm33buckeyes

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Well, with word that EP is now applicable, I’m back in the waiting game.

Assuming Gobi orders are being accepted, mine should be in the system first thing in the morning.

Rubicon
Gobi
Manual
M/T’s
8.4 Premium audio
LED’s
Trail cam
Trail Rail
Tow package

I was really tempted to go Hydro Blue, but it’s just not me...and as soon as my wife found out how light the clutch is, she’d take it from me.
Let me know if it goes through. Im waiting to order manual gobi. I thought Gobi didnt open up till 8/26 and it seems they are behind on colors.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Let me know if it goes through. Im waiting to order manual gobi. I thought Gobi didnt open up till 8/26 and it seems they are behind on colors.
Yeah, Hydro isn’t available to order yet either, and wasn’t that scheduled for earlier this month?. My dealer apparently can’t sleep, because he sent a text just before midnight to tell me that Gobi wasn’t listed. I was thinking 8/26 was the start of production, meaning they’d maybe take orders a few days/weeks early.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Understand the frustration, but your absence will be replace by someone coming in from another brand having the same experience. I am sure their bean counters account for this to some degree.
I'm sure the bean counters tried. Frustrate enough customers and they'll be unemployed bean counters.

Only way I have any voice is to walk away. And I will.

Sponsored

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Never owned a jeep or an automatic transmission. Finally had a MT gladiator show up near me so I went for a test drive yesterday. As much as it disgusts me to say, I doubt I'll be joining the MT club.

Probably my biggest problem, I could get used to everything else, was the lack of space at the pedals. Is there a reason jeep left the wide brake pedal on the MTs? Seems like they could have shifted all the pedals around if they had used a typical smaller square brake pedal and even made space for a dead pedal.

Did any of you have a similar issue and just get used to it? I'm assuming that relocating pedals is a much bigger ordeal than I'll want to get into, well, ever.

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Never owned a jeep or an automatic transmission. Finally had a MT gladiator show up near me so I went for a test drive yesterday. As much as it disgusts me to say, I doubt I'll be joining the MT club.

Probably my biggest problem, I could get used to everything else, was the lack of space at the pedals. Is there a reason jeep left the wide brake pedal on the MTs? Seems like they could have shifted all the pedals around if they had used a typical smaller square brake pedal and even made space for a dead pedal.

Did any of you have a similar issue and just get used to it? I'm assuming that relocating pedals is a much bigger ordeal than I'll want to get into, well, ever.

I'm a average size American so 5'-10", 200 lbs, and a size 10 shoe. I actually like the pedal spacing and I haven't found myself needing a dead pedal. The longest drive to date has only been 90 miles and most of my driving is short highway, country roads and the occasional 50 mile round trip to town.

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 09 G8, 06 Ram 2500, 83 CJ7, 68 Firebird
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)

I would be willing to bet the size of the brake pedal is the same between automatic and manual versions of a vehicle on most high production vehicles. I'd also bet that some safety or government group has determined the size of the brake pedal needs to be at least a certain size.

I own 30+, 10+ and a 4 year old manual transmission vehicles. The only one with a smaller brake pedal was built in 1983. I've gotten used to driving all three at 6'2" and a size 9 shoe.

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 09 G8, 06 Ram 2500, 83 CJ7, 68 Firebird
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
Jeep chat just told me I am in "C" status and everything Cheryl sees shows that I have never been in "D" status. I have all kinds of saved chats that show otherwise. Now she is saying C and D have the same documentation and in essence are the same. Dealers, 400 yards down the road, time to make a visit. I don't mind waiting, but 9 weeks in and regressing is NOT acceptable at this point.
Dealer/sales manager called. FCA is aware of the issue with D to C status change, But the supply chain manager is on vacation this week, so they won't have any response until Monday at the earliest. I work for a 15-20 million dollar a year company, when someone is on vacation, we don't make customers wait. We cover for them and provide answers. Apparently FCA is not capable of this. Fingers crossed I can provide an update on this come Monday.
Sponsored