Market Adjustments - LOFL

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
What are the Gladiator markups going for near you? I was at my Tustin (CA) dealership yesterday and every vehicle was marked up $5,000. I've seen them listed as "Market Adjustment"", "Add-On", "Markup", but it's just dealerships trying to grab some cash while inventory is low.

So in doing a little Googling, Orange County (SoCal) has some fun Market Adjustments. Anyone want a $78K High Altitude Gladiator? Click here! That's a $24K markup folks. I did a screen shot in case that price changes (love the rebate added in...ha)...

Jeep Gladiator Market Adjustments - LOFL high_alt1

That's Irvine, Tustin Tuttle-Click adds another grand for their Wrangler mark-up...

Jeep Gladiator Market Adjustments - LOFL rub1

I don't want to meet the people paying these markups. I'll save my beer.
Sponsored

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
It looks like those have aftermarket parts on them. The parts don't justify the high price and there does seem to be a mark up on them. But it's not just a straight mark up though.

For the Wrangler:
Equipment Added: [MARKET ADDITION, MOPAR PERFORMANCE LIFT, MOPAR PERFORMANCE WHEELS, GENERAL 35 TIRES, OFF-ROAD BUMPER WITH LED LIGHTS, SIDE STEPS, WARN WINCH AND WINCH GAURD, AUX SWITCHES AND LED LIGHTS, TAILGATE REINFORCEMENT, SPARE TIRE RELOCATOR, 3RD
For the Gladiator:
Equipment Added: [MARKET ADDITION, MOPAR PERFORMANCE LIFT, MOPAR PERFORMANCE WHEELS, GENERAL 35 TIRES, OFF-ROAD BUMPER WITH LED LIGHTS, SIDE STEPS, WARN WINCH AND WINCH GAURD, AUX SWITCHES AND LED LIGHTS, TAILGATE REINFORCEMENT, SPARE TIRE RELOCATOR, 3RD

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Unfortunately it’s all markets not just Jeep. Go look at Bronco markups.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Free market… if people are willing to pay it they will keep doing it.

Sponsored

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
What are the Gladiator markups going for near you? I was at my Tustin (CA) dealership yesterday and every vehicle was marked up $5,000. I've seen them listed as "Market Adjustment"", "Add-On", "Markup", but it's just dealerships trying to grab some cash while inventory is low.

So in doing a little Googling, Orange County (SoCal) has some fun Market Adjustments. Anyone want a $78K High Altitude Gladiator? Click here! That's a $24K markup folks. I did a screen shot in case that price changes (love the rebate added in...ha)...

Jeep Gladiator Market Adjustments - LOFL 20210924_102401

That's Irvine, Tustin Tuttle-Click adds another grand for their Wrangler mark-up...

Jeep Gladiator Market Adjustments - LOFL 20210924_102401

I don't want to meet the people paying these markups. I'll save my beer.
Can get a used one for 70k plus
Jeep Gladiator Market Adjustments - LOFL 41661459-A496-4EDE-924D-864E83F7E619

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
I've owned my JT for just 1 month now.
When I was in Albuquerque, due to the lack of towing ability of my Jeep Compass, I decided to trade it in for something with better towing capacity.

I had set out to purchase a new Colorado ZR2, which I had planned on using my father's GM employee discount. The online price of the ZR2 was $46,000 after rebates.
When I arrived for the test drive, they informed me that due to the chip shortage which has caused low inventory, they have adjusted their pricing to reflect the current market by adding $8k to MSRP and would not honor any rebates or discounts of any kind.
I told them I was also looking at Jeeps and the sales director told me all dealerships were doing it and Jeep was most likely adding at least $10k.
After a bit of arguing, I decided to go outside and call a Jeep dealer in Santa Fe. I told them what was happening at the Chevy dealership and asked if they were marking up their vehicles. Their sale's guy reassured me they were not and I would be paying straight MSRP.
After a quick review of their inventory, I told them I would be there in an hour for some test drives.
3 hours later I was out the door with my new JT, paying MSRP with no markups. I wonder if I was an exception or one of the last to not get the markup.

As for the Chevy dealership...I told the sales director that it was unethical to advertise with all of the discounts online and then hit customers with the difference when they arrive. I told him that was bait & switch.

In the end, I am glad I was pushed to get the JT...I believe it is far superior to the ZR2 due to it's versatility and reliability.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone loves that 8% savings, under invoice, etc. etc. but there's folks having cows when the tide turns.
So what's the price to the dealer on these with the mark-up - exactly the same as a year ago? Just curious.
If you don't like it, don't buy it! It's truly that simple.

I also agree - the first examples are NOT 100% "market adjustment" - there's other stuff in there and a lot of people buy 'em that way because not everyone is a perfect Jeep tech person with a garage and lift and set of tools to install parts like all of the forum members here are equipped.

Go bitch at the folks getting free rent and not working, or working and still getting free rent.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Toyota dealer around me adds 8k on RAV4s. Ford adds 10k on broncos, 3k on bronco sports. I laughed, but they didn't, which means there are definitely people willing to pay those markups.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Supply and demand. Pretty simple. Not everyone is like those posting about it - it's a big world out there.
Some must grin and bear it, others will wait, while others complain while having no interest in buying at this point no matter the price.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
The bay area in California has a lot of jeeps with a $5000 mark up

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Just the beginning folks ....how many container ships off LA/LB? 100+?

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
It will be interesting to see the same manufacturers begging for federal hand outs again come 2023. They won’t get a sympathetic ear from all the consumers they are arbitrarily hammering right now with bs market adjustments. The auto industry has lost 210 Billion this year and forecasts for the first six months of 2022 are grim with supply shortages and monthly increases in inflation.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Just the beginning folks ....how many container ships off LA/LB? 100+?
600,000 containers last I read. Lots of chips in those containers. Not denying that there is a chip shortage, but there is damn sure a truck driver shortage to get those chips where they're headed. Long Beach doesn't even have anywhere to store the containers while waiting for trucks. Hence the dozens and dozens of ships anchored off the coast.
Have to stop paying people to stay home...
Sponsored