Max Tow Package Unofficial Model Name

DiscoSlug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator; '74 PowerWagon; '86 Taco C-frame
Occupation
Drugs
Many of us refer to the Max Tow Gladiator just like other models (ie Rubicon) but we didn't get a name.

This is despite the Max Tow not being a simple option. You can't get a Rubicon or Overland Max Tow!

So let's come together and name it like Jeep should have!

My initial thoughts were these:

Myrmillo - type of gladiator that needed to be a bigger frame or larger muscled gladiator due to carrying heavier gear into battle

Carpophorus - name of a specific gladiator that was known for his renown in fighting and slaying beasts ( this can be a nod to other brands' offerings being named after animals/beasts)

Or we can keep with the naming convention of other models in Jeeps lineup and name it after trails or locations. Older western American trade routes or Overland trails.

The Oregon
The Santa Fe - already taken by a Hyundai
The California

Lets hear your ideas. Once we've had a ton of input I'll follow up with a voting post.

Feel free to include your opinion as well if you just prefer "max tow".

Cheers,
Mick
Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
The Gladiator Almostarubicon?

That may be too long.

the Gladiator MoTow?

or we could go classic American and call it the Gladiator Paul Bunyan.

Sponsored

Burton79

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government
Well I’ve been thinking about this too. Sure there are Texas Trail, California and Freedom Editions, but if you look at the names other than the sports they mean something.

Rubicon comes from the river in Italy that Julius Caesar wades into sparking the three year civil war that ultimately led to him becoming complete ruler of the Roman Empire. In today’s world Rubicon means a bounding line, one that of crossed irrevocably commits a person to what they are doing. In this sense driving a rubicon pushes boundaries so to say.

Overland is just that, traversing over land as best as you can.

Mojave, goes with out saying, it’s a desert.

There was a rumble that there was a Hercules sub model coming out. When you think about it, Hercules was a Demi-God in Greek Mythology that was stronger than mortals. I think it would only be fair that the Max Tow, as it can tow heavier loads and has a heavier payload than all other models, should be called the Hercules.

What say you?

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
Well I’ve been thinking about this too. Sure there are Texas Trail, California and Freedom Editions, but if you look at the names other than the sports they mean something.

Rubicon comes from the river in Italy that Julius Caesar wades into sparking the three year civil war that ultimately led to him becoming complete ruler of the Roman Empire. In today’s world Rubicon means a bounding line, one that of crossed irrevocably commits a person to what they are doing. In this sense driving a rubicon pushes boundaries so to say.

There was a rumble that there was a Hercules sub model coming out. When you think about it, Hercules was a Demi-God in Greek Mythology that was stronger than mortals. I think it would only be fair that the Max Tow, as it can tow heavier loads and has a heavier payload than all other models, should be called the Hercules.

What say you?
Max tow does not have the highest payload capacity.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD

What say you?
Hmm...I always thought the Rubicon trim came from the Rubicon Trail?

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

What say you?
Umm...Or, Rubicon is named after the famed trail in California where Jeep does their off road testing. I mean, maybe you’re right...

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Max tow does not have the highest payload capacity.
It doesn't? What beats it, then....... oh wait - the Sport with the manual and no max tow. By a little bit - a whopping 65 pounds.

Sponsored

Burton79

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
And to clarify I said the heaviest tow and payload compared across the line.
Yeah, you give up over 3,000 pounds towing to gain 65 payload. Heck, I can stop eating so many donuts and take care of that........
Sponsored