First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport s
Occupation
Panel saw operator
Changing from the factory setup is not for faint of heart. It is a calculated risk I am willing to take as I like to tinker. I went with Mopar lift as my dealer will warranty it and suspension compnents as long as my warranty is valid, not all dealerships seem to do this. With that being said, the Mopar lift did not come with track bars, so I replaced those to center up my axles which seem to really help handling. I have put the Mopar lift to work multiple times towing and hauling. This is a single data point, but so far ot has met my needs well. I do have a weight distribution hitch. Also I have had 1100 lbs in the bed and it sagged quite a bit but still handled well. At 800 lbs it has been perfectly fine and have gone on hours long trips.

image.jpg
The 2 inch Mopar lifts do look good. Does this lift level it out or leave some rake?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ThorJT

ThorJT

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Panel saw operator
I lifted my max tow a little bit. I have front springs from a Rubicon which were 340 and 343 they raised the front 1”. I also have Daystar 1.5” front spacers and correction pads to prevent spring bow. Rubicon Fox shocks all around with Rubicon Express extensions in the front. Mopar LCAs and Daystar .75” rear spacers. I am happy with the setup, I frequently tow a couple small boats that are both around 3500lbs with around 300lbs of tongue weight and it does fine, also haul stuff in the bed frequently but nothing super heavy usually just bulky. The Fox shocks are okay but could use more dampening. I am running 285/75/17 Toyo ATIII tires LR C on stock wheels.
Can you explain the correction pads? I seen something else about someone using them but not sure what they're for

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Can you explain the correction pads? I seen something else about someone using them but not sure what they're for
They prevent the springs from bowing out by angling the base of the spring inward a little bit, the bowing is pretty common on JLs and JTs with spacers or taller springs. They are just a polymer pad that replaces the stock pad.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThorJT

ThorJT

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Panel saw operator
They prevent the springs from bowing out which is common on JLs and JTs with spacers or taller springs, they prevent it by making the outside last coil at the bottom of the sit higher than the inside

They prevent the springs from bowing out by angling the base of the spring inward a little bit, the bowing is pretty common on JLs and JTs with spacers or taller springs. They are just a polymer pad that replaces the stock pad.
Thank you for that. Is that for the front or the rear?

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Main thing about Max Tow Sport S is you have the wiser acmes and the 4:10 hear ratio in axles.

If you change anything on the JT it will affect towing capacity as well as bed capacity. Justbe sure to think about what your needs are before adding all the cool stuff.

adding the cool stuff and keeping weight down with aluminum bumpers and synthetic winch line for example, will always help.

If you go bigger tires and lift, just expect to slow down towing and calculate your added weight to know what changes were made to your towing and carrying abilities.

All trucks, even diesel 1 tons should do the same thing, although most, like JT owners, never tow to capacity.

Just know, you will Tow less, carry less, and drive slower and easier on elevation changes than you did in stock form... and that’s ok because now all that pass get to see your cool rig!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
After adding the 3 piece bumper to the front, the ride of my Max Tow is firmer. If I want to lift an inch and get back some of the softer ride up front, should I look at a spacer or Rubicon spring?

Reactions: Mac

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
After adding the 3 piece bumper to the front, the ride of my Max Tow is firmer. If I want to lift an inch and get back some of the softer ride up front, should I look at a spacer or Rubicon spring?
A lot of people have done the rubicon front springs.

when you say firmer..Does that mean you just bounce less with the bumps? Or the steering and ride feel firmer with the added weight?

And did you notice any height loss with the three-piece bumper? I have one sitting in my garage but I can’t decide if I’m actually going to use it or not

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I think it will be hard to get the softer ride back, my guess is the weight of the new front bumper has compressed the front springs to where they are now in a firmer portion of the travel. You could use spacers or firmer springs to raise the front back up but it will not restore the smoother ride.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
A few years ago a well-known person said "if you like your ride you can keep your ride".
(with spacers). They lift but don't change much else.

Springs - Rubicon springs will lift - depending on the springs from the Rubicon and the weight of the truck they are going under. There are at least 3 numbers for the 2020 Rubicon 3.6.

IMO, the Rubicon springs are going to be not at firm as, say, a sport, because they are intended to flex and articulate like crazy. You can't do the sort of contortions they do with the sway bar unlocked if the springs are "firm" because as one side goes down into a drop it wants to push the other end of the axle up - the spring must compress.

Spacers will lift but won't change the ride because they will simply be lifting the the vehicle up by sitting on the springs (at least the Daystar type sit on top of the spring)
The weight of the truck won't change so the springs won't be compressed any more or any less - the ride shouldn't change.

Springs are more likely to change ride.
I have Rubicon springs under the front of mine. Originally they lifted the truck all but an inch.
Then I added the steel bumper and winch.
The truck dropped a half inch.
I then put Daystar .75" spacers in and lifted it back up.
The front end has a nice ride, good on bumps, etc., the rear is where I feel bumps and pavement buckles and RR tracks.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
A lot of people have done the rubicon front springs.

when you say firmer..Does that mean you just bounce less with the bumps? Or the steering and ride feel firmer with the added weight?

And did you notice any height loss with the three-piece bumper? I have one sitting in my garage but I can’t decide if I’m actually going to use it or not
The steering is heavier and there's less rebound over bumps on the road. Haven't taken it off-roading yet.
Hoping to add a Rubicon rear bumper that might even out the front.
The Rubicon front skid plate weighs 22lbs.

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The steering is heavier and there's less rebound over bumps on the road. Haven't taken it off-roading yet.
Hoping to add a Rubicon rear bumper that might even out the front.
The Rubicon front skid plate weighs 22lbs.
What does the Rubicon 3 piece steel bumper weigh?
I wondered about the skid plates..

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver