Sponsored

Metalcloak lift

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Awaiting 37's Patagonia MT on Black Rhino Cinco in bronze to get here Wednesday. Then an alignment.

Thoughts: Install took 2x longer than expected. Instructions decent, but need updating. Had to download the 3.5" lift install instructions, then the bump stop instructions, then the trackbar instructions.

Worst part is grinding the axle bracket for the trackbar as the MC joint is oversized. Went through 5-6 bits/stones on an angle grinder. Dremel too wimpy, pneumatic 3" cutoff wheel does not fit. 4.5" cutoff wheel too big but used it anyways. Next worst part is the factory front brakelines. Lots of extra bracing in the bracket. Makes me want to ditch them for Goodrich and just ziptie on the ABS lines.

Ride is a little stiffer than stock, steering is close to perfect even before alignment. Still awaiting the Rocksport rear shocks when they become available. Using stock Rubicon ones for now.

Overall- pleased. Will like it even more with bigger tires and once broken in and aligned.

Good for you that you tackled and did that project!

I have yet to find a project that a Dremel tool is useful on. If I was building model airplanes maybe it'd have some value for that but otherwise it's a toy that can't cut any mustard on projects I work on.

Did you go with the MC springs in the rear or stick with the factory springs? (I'm running the factory springs in back with spacers - they work very well as designed).

You're gonna love the lift with the big tires.

Personally I'd suggest either staying with the factory shocks or upgrading to something better than the Rocksport shocks. I've got them on the front but only temporarily until I get my ADS shocks front and rear.

Keep us posted on the results! Can't wait to see and hear all about it.
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I have yet to find a project that a Dremel tool is useful on. If I was building model airplanes maybe it'd have some value for that but otherwise it's a toy that can't cut any mustard on projects I work on.
I have used a Dremel on many projects... cutting abs plastic and frame horns on a jk to fit a artec bumper and warn winch... to name a few.

361FEA37-5520-4667-9D21-509300976601.jpeg

F1C4F751-225C-44BC-95ED-DFFEA6956BF9.jpeg

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
2020-03-08 17.06.49.jpg
2020-03-08 17.06.57.jpg

Ride is a little stiffer than stock, steering is close to perfect even before alignment.
The spring are definitely stiff right away with any lift. I have found that the MC springs take a few times offroad to get them to soften up... then they are super awesome.

your ride looks awesome, post up when you get your rims/tires.

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
I have used a Dremel on many projects... cutting abs plastic and frame horns on a jk to fit a artec bumper and warn winch... to name a few.

361FEA37-5520-4667-9D21-509300976601.jpeg

F1C4F751-225C-44BC-95ED-DFFEA6956BF9.jpeg
Your dremel project photo reminded me of my only regret doing 39s so far... I wanted to keep the OEM fender look. The only solution is to start trimming the abs. Those liners limit like 2 inches of up travel. You only have one shot to do it right though..... hrrrrrrggg thanks a lot j/k ;). Ill figure something out.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Your dremel project photo reminded me of my only regret doing 39s so far... I wanted to keep the OEM fender look. The only solution is to start trimming the abs. Those liners limit like 2 inches of up travel. You only have one shot to do it right though..... hrrrrrrggg thanks a lot j/k ;). Ill figure something out.
I wasn’t being too careful except to not got through the outside pretty parts... here is the vents installed.
When I did my buddies vehicle... I took my time and it came out really good.

19BD8536-4CF6-4711-8F63-5B6D0561D467.jpeg

Sponsored

lobelsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Gator
Good for you that you tackled and did that project!

Did you go with the MC springs in the rear or stick with the factory springs? (I'm running the factory springs in back with spacers - they work very well as designed).

You're gonna love the lift with the big tires.

Personally I'd suggest either staying with the factory shocks or upgrading to something better than the Rocksport shocks. I've got them on the front but only temporarily until I get my ADS shocks front and rear.

Keep us posted on the results! Can't wait to see and hear all about it.
All springs. Will look into fancier shocks if not happy enough. Settled a little more with drive to work this AM. Much better on road than yesterday. Will know when I get home to my dirt road filled with pot holes from the rain.

Will need side steps. I like the idea of electric drop style. Thread on here I need to review.
May need Supercharger. Because: Murica. :LOL:
Looking at upgrading from my HF angle grinder to an Aircat or IR.

Chatwithmatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Does anyone know if the 2.5 MC level kit and the 2.5 rear springs from Clayton off-road would work?

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Does anyone know if the 2.5 MC level kit and the 2.5 rear springs from Clayton off-road would work?
that’s a good question. as far as I have seen nobody has done the combination that you are looking at. Clayton just came out with their stuff in the last 2 weeks and MC has been barely a month.

I would suggest calling those companies to get the specs on their springs and make a decision from there.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)