Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
anyone running the new rocksport shocks ?

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 9.02.34 PM.png
I used falcon 3.3 sp2’s on my JT...

I tried using the rocksports on my ‘17 JKU and ended up switching them out within 3months. I personally didn’t like the feel and control they had and I wanted to go up to a reservoir type shock.

For the price they are a good extended travel mono shock. Just don’t expect them to run like a resi. Of course this is my opinion.

B7B50E4D-505C-4E74-BAD4-39E32A81D1BF.jpeg
Sponsored

gladi8or_jt

First Name
Jazzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I used falcon 3.3 sp2’s on my JT...

I tried using the rocksports on my ‘17 JKU and ended up switching them out within 3months. I personally didn’t like the feel and control they had and I wanted to go up to a reservoir type shock.

For the price they are a good extended travel mono shock. Just don’t expect them to run like a resi. Of course this is my opinion.

Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak lift B7B50E4D-505C-4E74-BAD4-39E32A81D1BF
Thank you for the feedback

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I have the 3.5 dual rate kit coming with the Rocksport shocks, just curious, how many of you have replaced your front drive shafts? Not planning on maxing out the flex anytime soon, and wondering if I can get away with the stock front driveshaft for a while.

MrGoodPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I didn't replace mine. Not sure I will anytime soon. I don't flex too much and most my off-roading is desert running.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I have the 3.5 dual rate kit coming with the Rocksport shocks, just curious, how many of you have replaced your front drive shafts? Not planning on maxing out the flex anytime soon, and wondering if I can get away with the stock front driveshaft for a while.
I did replace mine with the full 3.5” GC lift

With my last JKU, I got away with about 3 months without changing the driveshaft. My installer told me this, “ at some point the driveshaft is gonna go... it could be in 5mins or 2 years... depends when it decided it’s done”

Just an FYI... in MC’s notes... it does tell you to replace your front driveshaft.

Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak lift FFC553B6-E989-4D21-BD31-2DC8CDFC0E72

Sponsored

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I did replace mine with the full 3.5” GC lift

With my last JKU, I got away with about 3 months without changing the driveshaft. My installer told me this, “ at some point the driveshaft is gonna go... it could be in 5mins or 2 years... depends when it decided it’s done”

Just an FYI... in MC’s notes... it does tell you to replace your front driveshaft.

Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak lift FFC553B6-E989-4D21-BD31-2DC8CDFC0E72
Saw that in the notes, hence the question. I know it will have to be done if I plan on using the suspension to it's full capability, but was unsure given the number of different "3.5 inch" lifts that dont call for a new driveshaft.

OP
OP
jeepncrowd

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
So I managed to run across a JL that just got got a 3.5" game changer installed. Now granted mine has settled and I have a steel bumber an winch, but it really looks lower. (Both on 37"s)
I've also noticed it doesnt look much bigger than a 2" mopar lifted JT either.
I'm starting to wonder if I got 2.5" springs or if metalcloak lifts run small on the JT.
Can some of yall measure the loaded spring height m on your metalcloak or other lifted Jeep?
Basically from the top to the bottom of the springs on a flat surface.
Im at 13.8" both front and read

20200506_185834.jpg

20200215_085936.jpg

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
Newbie question: I'll be installing a Metalclock 3 1/2 inch Gamechanger suspension lift on a 2020 JT Rubicon. Specs say the stock Rubi has 11.1 inches of ground clearance. I'm going with 37 inch Milestar Pat MT's. Wondering what I can expect in terms of additional ground clearance as a result with this lift and 37 in tires (I believe the true inflated height is more like 36.7.. somewhere around there) Thanks in advance ~

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Newbie question: I'll be installing a Metalclock 3 1/2 inch Gamechanger suspension lift on a 2020 JT Rubicon. Specs say the stock Rubi has 11.1 inches of ground clearance. I'm going with 37 inch Milestar Pat MT's. Wondering what I can expect in terms of additional ground clearance as a result with this lift and 37 in tires (I believe the true inflated height is more like 36.7.. somewhere around there) Thanks in advance ~
I’ll take a crack at this...

Now I don’t have exact specs so I will do a little bit of rounding okay??

your stock tires are 33” right and your going 37’s ... 37-33=4”. Now take the 4” and cut it in half because half your tire is below your axle... following??? So you should show around 13” of ground clearance at your differential with stock air pressure.

now let’s talk when you go offroad, you want better grip and ride, so you will want to air down your tires... that 2” of ground clearance you had is gone... so your back to stock clearance but with more surface area on the ground.

you might ask why your lift didn’t gain you clearance, well the lift is designed so you can stuff bigger tires in and to have maximum up travel and Max downtravel.

I hope this helps

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll take a crack at this...

Now I don’t have exact specs so I will do a little bit of rounding okay??

your stock tires are 33” right and your going 37’s ... 37-33=4”. Now take the 4” and cut it in half because half your tire is below your axle... following??? So you should show around 13” of ground clearance at your differential with stock air pressure.

now let’s talk when you go offroad, you want better grip and ride, so you will want to air down your tires... that 2” of ground clearance you had is gone... so your back to stock clearance but with more surface area on the ground.

you might ask why your lift didn’t gain you clearance, well the lift is designed so you can stuff bigger tires in and to have maximum up travel and Max downtravel.

I hope this helps
sass JT - thank you very much! Bits and pieces of this have been rolling around in my head as I've stared at my rig in the driveway, trying to picture what this operation would actually net me (aired up - aired down etc) But this was explained in such a way that even I can understand Lol. Much obliged sir -

Sponsored

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Metalcloak 3.5 Dual Rate kit with Rocksport shocks ordered today.....

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DirtyD.. (I like that haha) Yep - I went with the RockSports as well, gonna try them out, see how they do. The rears had been on backorder for quite a while, just got that set in a couple days ago. Now for wheels and tires.

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
DirtyD.. (I like that haha) Yep - I went with the RockSports as well, gonna try them out, see how they do. The rears had been on backorder for quite a while, just got that set in a couple days ago. Now for wheels and tires.
Old call sign from my USMC days.... figured at $250ish for the set it was worth giving them a shot. Hopefully the kit will be here next week and I can get it on the lift soon. Going to stick with the JLUR wheels and 315 Mickeys I have for now.

Captbenjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
So I managed to run across a JL that just got got a 3.5" game changer installed. Now granted mine has settled and I have a steel bumber an winch, but it really looks lower. (Both on 37"s)
I'm starting to wonder if I got 2.5" springs or if metalcloak lifts run small on the JT.
Can some of yall measure the loaded spring height m on your metalcloak or other lifted Jeep?

Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak lift 20200215_085936

Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak lift 20200215_085936
I've been thinking the MC lift looks short for a 3.5 lift.
Whats the specs on the other two JTs in the bottom pic? The black one looks taller.

gladi8or_jt

First Name
Jazzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

20200506_185834.jpg

20200215_085936.jpg

i have seen few people with MC springs on a JT and it does look lower than most manufacturers that's why i went with EVO 2.5" and MC arms.
Sponsored