First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
Can someone help me out with this. I am going to be running a 3.5 game changer with 38x12.5x17r on a diesel sport s does anyone know if the black rhinos with -18 offset and 4.5 of back spacing will work without rubbing? I did ask someone at metal Cloak but they said I need 3 to 4in of back spacing. I don't mind the wheels sticking out a bit but 3in seem like it would be a lot plus I can barley even find rims with those back spacings. If anyone has any input I would really appreciate the help.
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Can someone help me out with this. I am going to be running a 3.5 game changer with 38x12.5x17r on a diesel sport s does anyone know if the black rhinos with -18 offset and 4.5 of back spacing will work without rubbing? I did ask someone at metal Cloak but they said I need 3 to 4in of back spacing. I don't mind the wheels sticking out a bit but 3in seem like it would be a lot plus I can barley even find rims with those back spacings. If anyone has any input I would really appreciate the help.
Greetings,

I personally have the 3.5 GC lift with dirty life dt1’s that have a 4.5” backspace -12 offset and a 37x12.5r17 ridge grappler. Absolutely no rubbing. I’m currently using 3 pucks and I’m looking to do 40’s next with a simple flat fenders or fender chop. Now I do have a rubicon with the higher front fenders.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ty-life-dt-1-9303-series-wheel-matte-gunmetal

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lab manager
Thanks man I really appreciate it. I'm wondering if because the sports have the narrower axles if that would cause the issue.

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I went through all of this on my previous JTR. 4.5” backspacing will net you lock to lock without rubbing.

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man I really appreciate it. I'm wondering if because the sports have the narrower axles if that would cause the issue.
The Rubicon won't need as much negative offset for that exact reason. I run 37" x 12.5" Nittos on wheels with 4.25" backspacing. -18 offset. Metalcloak had recommended 4.5" of backspacing as the max.

The tires stick out about 3". I personally like the look. It isn't so far that you get that skateboard look. You will get more mud and stuff tossed up though.

Sponsored

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lab manager
Thanks man any chance you have any pictures. The stance sassjt has is perfect to me so if I got that I'd be happy. I wasn't saying 3in sticking out would be to much more worried 3in of backspace would be to much. Less back spacing means they stick further out correct? Sorry this rim stuff gets so confusing to me.

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man any chance you have any pictures. The stance sassjt has is perfect to me so if I got that I'd be happy. I wasn't saying 3in sticking out would be to much more worried 3in of backspace would be to much. Less back spacing means they stick further out correct? Sorry this rim stuff gets so confusing to me.
Gotcha. Here is what it looks like with -18 on a Rubicon axle. Sticks out about 3".

Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak lift IMG_1531.JPG

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lab manager
looks awesome. I would love that look. now just need to figure out how to get it without the rubing. it looks like maybe 4in of backspacing is where I would have to be to not rub since I don't have the rubi axles. Black rhino need to make more backspacing options :(

bjdean16

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Just installed the Game Changer 3.5 this weekend with additional daystar 3/4” rear spacer to keep some rake. Tires are Bfg A/T 37/12.5/17 for reference. Rides great so far.
Still needs an alignment. Should this be done at a 4x4 shop or can Firestone do it?
Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak lift F9501F4A-FF8B-4DF6-92D3-E2978975B910
I I know the specs will have changed from factory but can’t find what they should be in any Metalcloak docs.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
I purchased the metal cloak true dual rate for diesel last friday with rocksport shocks and am planning installation in a week or two.

They do not have "diesel" specific springs. They have a 3.5" spring and amore heavy duty 4.5" spring. Both look to be designed with armor and winches in mind.

The diesel lift uses JLU 4 Door 4.5" springs with a .6" poly spacer to go on top of the springs. Different jeeps get a different upper isolator pad or spacer. They range from .025" to like 0.6".

I was told by metal cloak the lower spring correction pads are almost always necessary to combat spring bow. Not sure why for the price they are not included as standard?

The rocksport shocks are not super high quality but are no worse or better than factory.

The heavier Gladiator diesel will likely squash the 4.5" jlu springs about 1" then the added thicker taller spring isolators/spacer on top will give back a half inch. Im guessing around 3.75" lift total.

I have a bad shock on my stock sport S suspension called metal cloak and drove over to pick it up a few hours after ordering.

Nobody else has anything in stock and superlift says 4-6 weeks for a diesel lift.

Should fix the constant bottoming out issue my sport S has and the severe bob and weave at highway speed?

Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
My personal opinion MC over Mopar everyday for on road and off-road capabilities, don’t forget MC on holidays 10% off and free shipping. Customer service is unmatched also
If you are local and pickup they will honor sales prices even when ended. Very nice place to stop by too and oogle all the 40" gladiators out front.

Griff21

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR LE, 1978 CJ5, 2020 JLU Rubicon
I have the MetalCloak Gamechanger Lift and it rides better than stock, I'm on Warn Moonsault rims with 37" KO2s. The team and customer service at MetalCloak is top notch, can't say enough good things about the company.

Se7enslots

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
I have the MetalCloak Gamechanger Lift and it rides better than stock, I'm on Warn Moonsault rims with 37" KO2s. The team and customer service at MetalCloak is top notch, can't say enough good things about the company.
Any chance I could get a picture of your rig with this setup. This is exactly what I am planning on doing with mine.

Stifler

First Name
CHris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Cyber Geek
finally bit the bullet and went Metalcloak 3.5 Game Changer w/FOx 2.0s. Black Rhino Kelso wheel sand 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MT tires. Love it! I am adding the MetalCloak draglink/tie rod combo with Synergy Sector Brace this weekend to round it all out.

Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak lift jee