First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I'd like to drive one with the Metalcloak side-by-side with the RK lifts; I'm curious how the dual- vs. triple-rate coils feel.
Me too. My assumption is that the RK springs would afford more on road feel and control aka more sports car like handling yet with the travel and ability to do what you want off road. But without being able to compare it`s hard to say if one is better than the other. Either way once i make a choice i have to live with it.
Sponsored

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Nice. What shocks pair well with the metal cloak?
Looking at their website for the JL kits, they usually have the option of the 6 pack shocks and the RockSport Long Travel shocks. Their 3.5 game changer for the JT is missing the RockSports. Wondering if this an oversight or they are not compatible (or they don't have a supplier yet for them)...

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 1.12.55 PM.png

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Looking at their website for the JL kits, they usually have the option of the 6 pack shocks and the RockSport Long Travel shocks. Their 3.5 game changer for the JT is missing the RockSports. Wondering if this an oversight or they are not compatible (or they don't have a supplier yet for them)...

They have the Rocksports listed as "coming soon."

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

The rear payload i believe is the issue with the RockSport shocks. Probably need more R&D time to develop.

Sponsored

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rear payload i believe is the issue with the RockSport shocks. Probably need more R&D time to develop.
Makes sense. I'm gonna hold out for the 2.5" game changer after Christmas anyway. I think my JT has taken more than her fair share of $$ from me this year!

Last edited:

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Makes sense. I'm gonna hold out for the 2.5" game changer after Christmas anyway. I think my LT has taken more than her fair share of $$ from me this year!
I hear you about the $$$$.

OP
OP
jeepncrowd

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
The link still works, but they took the 3.5" GC off the website when you search for it. A 2.5" front leveling kit is in its place.
I noticed that the rear rocksports are 2" shorter than on the fronts of the JT/JL and the rear of the JL. They are going to be 28" fully extended (18.8" collapsed) compared to 30" (17.7").

Heathsrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
The link still works, but they took the 3.5" GC off the website when you search for it. A 2.5" front leveling kit is in its place.
I noticed that the rear rocksports are 2" shorter than on the fronts of the JT/JL and the rear of the JL. They are going to be 28" fully extended (18.8" collapsed) compared to 30" (17.7").
Yeah, I think I found it by accident as I click on a link for their brake cables and it took me to it. I don’t think they meant to have the link live yet!!

Heathsrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
I am debating on to lift, level or stay stock...too many decisions...

Sponsored

Heathsrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
Lift... more flex and clearance for bigger tires. It'll also help with the horrible breakover ankle
Yeah, this is my first Jeep so I am learning this all as I go...leaning more towards the 2.5 lift but still trying to figure it all out

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, this is my first Jeep so I am learning this all as I go...leaning more towards the 2.5 lift but still trying to figure it all out
I'm right there with you! That say we've got amazing capable trucks. Go out on a few trails in your area and you'll better know what your true requirements are.

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.

I did their 2.5 gamechanger for my jku. back then they used OME shocks. A little rough. There were other companies with shocks valved well for their shocks. Can't remember now. Will try to look next time I get on my desktop.

wch_Chip

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Greasy? for a customer to post that they bought our springs and a few follow up posts after that? We didn't push into the thread, your peers pushed RK in. The same way it happened in JKO. I don't think anyone is speaking negativly about any MC product, certainly not us that has never been our style, but I do believe it is fair for people to draw comparisons between RK and MC and any thread that focuses on one will nearly always draw in the other.
Not to hijack this further but what are the advantages between their (MC) dual-rate springs and your triple/quad rate springs?
Sponsored