Sponsored

Metalcloak lift

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Ordered the 3.5 Dual Rate with Rocksports and Driveshaft.
I am running the same kit with an Adams driveshaft, VERY happy with it, you won't be disappointed!

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I am running the same kit with an Adams driveshaft, VERY happy with it, you won't be disappointed!
I’m glad that your happy with it. I was close to getting JKS and Rustys. I chose this kit because of the UCA caster correction as opposed to the LCA on other kits and it’s more complete (brake line extension, bumpstops, and shock relocation up front). I might even get the LCA for even less binding on the front axle.

The shop I had my Jeep fixed a couple weeks ago (loose rivnut on PS rock skin) also runs MC and convinced me to go with MC.

My stock Jeep parked to a MC gamechanger JT. Regearing in Nov... going to run it with the 4.10 gearing for now

0DAF483A-C5F0-45AB-B74D-AB5EAED7FD67.jpeg

5073206A-7340-42EC-99A8-115DE8C49B15.jpeg

techteacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT '20 White Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Anyone running the 3.5 GC and carry some extra weight on the back - rack, RTT, etc?

If I'm reading everything correctly, the design of the lift doesn't raise the back much from stock (I thought I saw someone reporting 0.25 at the hitch). If the front is getting hiked up, the back not so much and getting a little extra weight, does this have the Jeep squatting?

I know my Mopar lift raised the back more than 0.25....does it end up lowering the back end on the 3.5 GC kit by making the switch??

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Anyone running the 3.5 GC and carry some extra weight on the back - rack, RTT, etc?

If I'm reading everything correctly, the design of the lift doesn't raise the back much from stock (I thought I saw someone reporting 0.25 at the hitch). If the front is getting hiked up, the back not so much and getting a little extra weight, does this have the Jeep squatting?

I know my Mopar lift raised the back more than 0.25....does it end up lowering the back end on the 3.5 GC kit by making the switch??
No it does not squat

Sponsored

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
No it does not squat
Got mine put in this past weekend. Need to get some good pics and I'll post soon as.. it's a little bit of an optical illusion on the Rubi as the front fenders are positioned higher, but it looks like it basically leveled the truck out. Super happy with it and glad I had it done professionally. Went to JK Land in Douglasville, GA. Outstanding shop.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Sorry small vent session. I’m a little disappointed with MetalCloak which isn’t entirely their fault. So two weeks ago I ordered the Dual Rate lift and the front lower control arms which came out to around 1900. Got a little military discount which I really appreciate that they offer. Started to get in some of the stuff this week and low and behold they are now doing 15% off for Military or 10% for everyone else. Amazing deals. With the discount I could have gotten the Game Changer lift for 2100. So im a little salty missing out on such a huge discount. I figured I was SOL but thought I would call to see if they could work with me on just getting the upgraded rear arms to complete my kit for a price closer to the 2100 instead of the 2500 I would be paying after all is said and done. Obviously there was nothing they could do which I understand but just bummed about losing 400 dollars and paying more then retail price for the Game Changer lift. Moral of the story just buy the game changer lift from the start especially if it’s on sale. Also, I could be a dick and return everything and take a 10% restock fee and order the game changer now and still be ahead 200 dollars. But that sounds like too much work. Sorry for the vent session just had to get it out.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
My wife told me she’s gonna order me JKS with fox shocks and core4x4 arms today (she didn’t know I already made the Metalcloak purchase).

I called up MC and they said the kit is almost prepared and should ship out in a couple days. I should receive it late next week or early the week afterwards. I was literally about to cancel the order until they told me that.

I then told my wife that I already made the MC purchase last week. She wasn’t happy that I purchased something big without her knowing so she’ll use the JKS $$ for a shopping trip. Bittersweet!

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Anyone run the 3.5 game changer and tried the RK 3” X factor kit or vice versa? I’m interested in lift height differences and overall ride quality on and off road

Sponsored

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is everyone’s thought on tires with the Metalcloak Lift. I want to get maximum articulation.
I did the 3 1/2 in GC - went with 37's.. just did it last weekend, looking forward to a shakedown run to see how everything works out. I may go 38's / 39's at some point, but just can't swing regearing at the moment.

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, would like to know what you think here.. got to looking at my jeep on the driveway, (had the lift done last weekend professionally). It was just enough to catch my eye and make me get out my tape - looks like I'm poking out about 3/4 of an inch on the driver's side. This may be a negligible difference and I realize there's always going to be some sort of variance on a vehicle w/ solid axles.. but if it were you, would you get it back in and have them to adjust the centeredness a little closer than this?

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Hey guys, would like to know what you think here.. got to looking at my jeep on the driveway, (had the lift done last weekend professionally). It was just enough to catch my eye and make me get out my tape - looks like I'm poking out about 3/4 of an inch on the driver's side. This may be a negligible difference and I realize there's always going to be some sort of variance on a vehicle w/ solid axles.. but if it were you, would you get it back in and have them to adjust the centeredness a little closer than this?
you’ll need adjustable track bars to center the axles

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you’ll need adjustable track bars to center the axles
I've got 'em on there as part of the install.. they did the full MC 3 1/2 IN GC lift - I mentioned axle centeredness initially when we were talking thru everything, they did a fantastic job on the alignment, just wish I'd asked them to check this aspect before I left.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I called several places for install quotes today for the MC 3.5 Dual Rate Kit with Shocks and Driveshaft. The lowest I found was 600 from a reputable shop minus alignment. My recent go to shop is 850 with alignment. The other shops that quoted me north of 1k didn’t even know about MC. I won’t be able to do the install as I have 2 jobs.
Sponsored