Mods you regret

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I regret upgrading my Mojave from the stock 33" tires to 35" tires. I only had the 35" tires on the truck for 3 months and upgraded again to 37" tires. 35s are too close to the same size as stock, it doesn't look any different, and they don't provide nearly as much improvement in function offroad as the 37s do. Should have just gone with 37s from day one.
This is what I'm thinking too, but then I will have to regear and maybe lift it higher

TrevorAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Rain cover... I’m sure it a fine product, but I just don’t think I need it. But my wife really thought I should have one so I added it to my Christmas wish list and she got it for me. It’s still in a bag in the garage.
I have one as well. Not as convenient as I thought it’d be. I’ve used it twice

ClunkyJeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I regret upgrading my Mojave from the stock 33" tires to 35" tires. I only had the 35" tires on the truck for 3 months and upgraded again to 37" tires. 35s are too close to the same size as stock, it doesn't look any different, and they don't provide nearly as much improvement in function offroad as the 37s do. Should have just gone with 37s from day one.
I just put a 35x11.50 on my Mojave. I wish they were a true 35 and not the 34” actual on the vehicle. Would be perfect.

I think 37s would be fine around town and even off road in 4lo. I didn’t try them out because I was worried about performance when it was loaded or trying to tow. I didn’t want to regear or pay for new rims right now. But the 35s make mine shift much better. Looks better too. Guess I regret not putting them in sooner. I hated the way it shifted the first 3 months I had it.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Bought the folding bed cover... should of gotten the roll up so I don’t have to remove it when I haul crap that won’t fit under the tonneau cover.
Same for me. I sold my mopar trifold and got s mopar soft rolling. Wayyyy better

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Not really a big regret, but I bought Rough Country drop steps. They don't mount flush on the passenger side. Most people don't notice it, but I do and it bothers me.
I have some like that also which are not Rough Country. Westin HDX. I asked them why they didn't mount flush in the rear like the front they didn't give me an answer. It bugs me but no one else notices. I will eventually change them down the line to something else

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Same for me. I sold my mopar trifold and got s mopar soft rolling. Wayyyy better
So does the mopar trifold not give access to the whole bed. I have the Backflip hard trifold and have no issues using the entire back of my bed with the cover folded up.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
This is my first jeep. So I have spent good money on wheels & tires moving from the stock 31's to 35" ko2's with gear offroad wheels. A few months later they were all removed in favor of 37" patagonia's with AEV Borah beadlocks. Recouped about 1200 of the 2500 I spent on those selling the 35" tires & wheels.
Body Armor side steps. They have actually exceeded my expectations for how strong they are, but after a couple times out I dont like the overhang. For the cost they are still very good I think, but I want to replace them with Motobilt Rocker guards with steps.
RR HD Stubby front bumper. Like the steps I think its a good value, but to do over again I would of spent more on the Motobilt Crusher front bumper.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
AMP Powerstep XL. I had a reputable shop install them, and ended up with a bricked truck due to the electrical gremlins. Took 2 weeks for the electrician to get it all working again. The shop made it right, but AMP was useless.

Got the RSE Stepsliders, and its been great ever since.

Also, the KBVoodoo load bars. What a garbage company. Garbage customer service, garbage quality, and a garbage design.

MadMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave 2020
Occupation
Sales Manager
My first bed tire carrier to fit the 37” spare tire I bought from Armordillo @ cost $100 is my only mistake so far. There is nothing wrong with the product, but after more careful thought, I did not like the way it would seat so high over the bed. The 37” could work as a pendulum and did not want take a chance this to happen during a downhill turn in a slippery road. I made the brackets to tie the tire carrier into the bed rails, but afterwards I never used. Now I’m using Rugged Ridge bed tire carrier and I love everything in this product.

036CAE53-C1D1-4E2C-9E90-5EE2B9922F5B.jpeg
Sponsored