Mojave Lift Options

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
Figured I would update this with my experience thus far.
Picked up a Mojave short time ago, and researched all the threads and companies for lifting it. Really liked the look of DirtGadgets lift and setup.
On their site, MetalCloak specifically says the 3.5 Gamechanger is not for the Mojave. Even though they still sell the front shock drop bracket to keep the shocks. When I called the rep wouldn't provide much info on what changed or what part had issues. (On this site I couldnt find any issue that DirtGadgets had, but Metalcloak was adamant with me on the phone it wouldnt work)

So I called and spoke with a local 4X4 shop that is a preferred Metalcloak installer. He was good enough to call the company and the rep told him that something with the springs and how they sit in a spring cup was not compatible. I run a machine shop, so I can make any spring seat or change in parts I need, but Metalcloak was really not providing a lot of detail to go on.

After some back and forth, I am going with Clayton springs and their rear track bar that has the bend to allow for more spare tire room (37"), and the rest of the parts metalcloak for the 3.5" lift.

Hopefully get everything on in about a month, and will update as it goes.
Sponsored

Mojavematt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave gladiator
I was told the same from Metalcloak. The rep told me the top of the coil spring was too narrow to fit with the hydraulic bumpstop.

DirtGadgets

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Carpenter/Fabricator/Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Is this the "Stock Shock" package? Also did you get a new front driveshaft as an added option?
To my knowledge there is only one shock package—Fox 2.5's—available with the Gladiator Mojave. That's what my Gladiator Mojave came with and I kept the stock shocks when I lifted it. I did install a new front driveshaft when I installed the lift.

DirtGadgets

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Carpenter/Fabricator/Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I was told the same from Metalcloak. The rep told me the top of the coil spring was too narrow to fit with the hydraulic bumpstop.
I purchased and installed the 3.5" MetalCloak GameChanger lift made for the Mojave on my Gladiator Mojave earlier this year. The hydraulic bump stops fit inside the springs from MetalCloak just fine, so I'm not sure why they would tell you that.

On a different note, it appears MetalCloak is no longer selling the Mojave GameChanger lift. I'm unsure why. My experience installing this lift was pretty good. The only issue I encountered was with the front, lower, outboard shock brackets. The brackets MetalCloak sent me were the same as the brackets I installed on a Wrangler JLU Sport. These brackets didn't fit correctly when trying to install them over the Mojave stock brackets. This was due to the Mojave stock brackets having a bit more metal, i.e. being a bit heavier built. I overcame the fitment issue with some c-clamps, elbow grease, and a 2 lb hammer. I've put 7K miles on my Gladiator since installing this lift. It's performed great!

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
Figured I would update this with my experience thus far.
Picked up a Mojave short time ago, and researched all the threads and companies for lifting it. Really liked the look of DirtGadgets lift and setup.
On their site, MetalCloak specifically says the 3.5 Gamechanger is not for the Mojave. Even though they still sell the front shock drop bracket to keep the shocks. When I called the rep wouldn't provide much info on what changed or what part had issues. (On this site I couldnt find any issue that DirtGadgets had, but Metalcloak was adamant with me on the phone it wouldnt work)

So I called and spoke with a local 4X4 shop that is a preferred Metalcloak installer. He was good enough to call the company and the rep told him that something with the springs and how they sit in a spring cup was not compatible. I run a machine shop, so I can make any spring seat or change in parts I need, but Metalcloak was really not providing a lot of detail to go on.

After some back and forth, I am going with Clayton springs and their rear track bar that has the bend to allow for more spare tire room (37"), and the rest of the parts metalcloak for the 3.5" lift.

Hopefully get everything on in about a month, and will update as it goes.

Got everything installed. Sitting wayy high

338CAB6D-4CDC-42F9-808C-EE046A00E084.jpeg

Sponsored

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
They do!!....AEV has a Mojave specific lift....I have it installed on my Mojave.....
Fabtech also has 2 versions of a Mojave lift kit (Sport 2 and Trail Lift).....
Metal Cloak also has a lift that will work with the Mojave.......
There is also another space lift but the brand escapes me right now...
I know this is an old thread but...
On AEV site it sates:
*AEV recommends up to a 37×12.50R17 tire. Aftermarket wheels/wheel spacers are required and minor trimming may also be necessary depending on wheel specs.

I am buying 35" tires on stock wheels. Are they saying they recommend with 37 inch, you buy aftermarket etc, or anything up to 37" they recommend aftermarket everything?

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
35s on the stockers won’t rub disconnected with no lift on the Mojave. Lift should only help that..

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Tjrek

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Looking for info on the 4in Redilift for the Mojave
If anyone has used this lift please let me know your thoughts and options
Thanks

Sponsored

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
This might be a crazy thought but has anyone taken lift money and gone in a little bit different direction?? Stock height, Inner fender liners replaced (or fender altogether), and lots of armor? I would think 35-37 would be easy and a nice low center of gravity.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This might be a crazy thought but has anyone taken lift money and gone in a little bit different direction?? Stock height, Inner fender liners replaced (or fender altogether), and lots of armor? I would think 35-37 would be easy and a nice low center of gravity.
I wonder if you could chop or split the fenders and go with 37s? I bet you could since we can go 35s stock and some people run 37s stock. I think that might give one enough room to disconnect. I’m just not sure the long wheelbase wouldn’t hold you back in certain situations.

rr_sontag

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2022 Wrangler 392
So I’ve had some MetalCloak 3.5” springs (w/spring pads and upper isolator pads) sitting in the garage. I’ve read that their springs do not work with the Mojave. My question is has anyone tired installing this setup? I don’t mind to be the test subject, but figured I’d ask if anyone tried first.
Hopefully it works…. If not, guess I’ll have some springs for sale. 🥺

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
So I’ve had some MetalCloak 3.5” springs (w/spring pads and upper isolator pads) sitting in the garage. I’ve read that their springs do not work with the Mojave. My question is has anyone tired installing this setup? I don’t mind to be the test subject, but figured I’d ask if anyone tried first.
Hopefully it works…. If not, guess I’ll have some springs for sale. 🥺
Im not sure asking the group is the most logical way to get your answer...I know there are some that have but it seems MC knows something that we are seeing or an issue they ran into. I would recommend calling them and having a conversation

rr_sontag

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2022 Wrangler 392
Im not sure asking the group is the most logical way to get your answer...I know there are some that have but it seems MC knows something that we are seeing or an issue they ran into. I would recommend calling them and having a conversation
Yeah, I figured it out. The MC springs are designed to work with the MC upper coil isolators, not the factory ones. The MC coil isolators will not fit over the Mojave’s bump stops. Was hoping maybe there was a way… I loved the MC lift I had on my JLU.

But, is what it is. I’m selling the springs, keeping the rest of the MC components and ordering Clayton springs.
Sponsored