Sponsored

MOJAVE; Turns out I do not need to adjust/recalibrate speedometer running 37s.

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr ,2020 jt gladiator
Enjoy your lunch
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Shadow pops - thanks for the work you did in testing all that. I ended up doing much of the same with 3 devices, plugged in and not plugged in after Ren's shaming (despite my foreshadowed comments in OP).

I used Google Maps, Apple Maps, and 2 different speedo Apps, CARPLAY and NOT CARPLAY. None changed plugged in or not. I have not tried WAYZ or know what APPS others may be experiencing with the DRO jumping to live truck speed vs GPS - but mine performed as your tests and as expected off GPS only (and got tires dialed in to match). Thanks for your posts and dedication to this forum BTW.
You said that yours was already recalibrated within .25 mph of actual speed. That’s not detectable unless you had yours “de-programmed” before the testing. Or did you run the test in a different Jeep with larger tires which hadn’t been reprogrammed?

dessertdog

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
K9 Handler
Mojave running 37s with -12 offset wheel, no lift, full turns are perfectly clear.
also turns out I do not need to adjust/recalibrate speedometer jumping from 32s to 37s.
Comparison I made was with waze and other speedo apps before and after and it is still accurate without any adjustment.
Looking at 2" AEV spacer lift but it seems 1" all-around would be good enough for my level of off-roading if available.
Do you have any pictures? I have rims with the same specs and Nitto's 37 x 12.50 on order. I also have the AEV lift kit on order but if I don't need it, I can cancel.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Very strange. When I bought my jeep the dealer installed the 35's before I took delivery, but they had a hard time re-calibrating the speedo ( i had already paid the $125 bucks for them to do so. I left the first day until they could figure out how to do the 21 model year trucks (guess it was a first for them). 31 stock (sport s) to true 35's. Thats a little over 10% tire change . And that was true to the case. 30 mph, radar (those police trailers they set up on certain roads around here in Michigan) showed me at 33. 50mph was 55mph, 60 was 66mph. They (the dealer) finally figured it out a week later and flashed the truck with the correct cal, and now I'm dead on to what the those radar stations show

If I had kept it original, if I drive 12K miles per year, my Odometer would have actually shown 1200 miles less per year. KInd of nice those that lease.

To be honest with you, I never noticed any shifting issues before the flash cal was done by running 35's on the stock cal except the speedo was off by 10%. Nothing changed from a trans shifting point once it was calibrated. It never hunted or jumped between gears and maybe because I have 4:10s. 8th gear was always in play etc

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I put 35s on the Mojave. I didn’t test it before, but now the digital speedo reads 1 mph behind actual speed. The analog does read a little ahead of the digital one on mine as well...I’m not sure that’s worth me correcting.
Sponsored