Mopar 2” lift requirements

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Does anyone know if the mopar 2” lift, has wheel backspacing requirements, for the rubicon?
Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
What specifically are you looking for? Backspacing or offset is important, but varies wildly depending on wheel width. The stock wheels work perfectly even with larger tires like 35’s or 37’s or you can go with a wider wheel. You will then need to determine what is important like do you want the tires completely under the fenders or can they stick out slightly (some states require they stay under the fenders). About the widest tire you can fit on a Rubicon while keeping it under the fenders is a 12.5”, but if you go up to 37’s some tires may rub in that size and you will need an 11.5”.

Short of buying a backspace tool, you can ask this specific question of people on the forum for what they are running with the Mopar lift with your parameters (e.g., 35 or 37, must keep the tire under the fender, no rubbing at lock, etc.).

OP
OP
double J

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Thanks for the info. Some lift companies recommend back spacing of 4.5 or less for their kit. I had a metal cloak lift on my jku that was that way. I could have mentioned 35’s or 37’s, both could be a problem with backspacing issues. If your sway bar links are too close to your wheels, that could be a problem. Some kits get around this by adding a rear drop bracket to the sway bar link, (for stock wheels).Stock Rubicons can handle 35’s without a lift, and some 37’s.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Mopar 2 inch lift with the Mopar Black wheels with a 12 MM offset on 37x12.5x17 with no issues. without the offset they will slightly rub. This set up is on an Overland

Bruce

OP
OP
double J

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
I have the Mopar 2 inch lift with the Mopar Black wheels with a 12 MM offset on 37x12.5x17 with no issues. without the offset they will slightly rub. This set up is on an Overland

Bruce
Thank you

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My question is this.....Does the 2” lift on the Rubicon require longer brake lines to accommodate sway disconnect articulation?
Sponsored