First Name
Benn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Student
Are you sure they sent the right quote since they were talking about wheels and sensors above that?
yep. Told them I was bringing my own wheels and they weren’t sure if the had the tpms so there was one quote with them removing tpms from old and installing them in new wheels, one without doing any of that.
Sponsored

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
1750 for labor?! Is that the managers cost per hour? That’s crazy.

fw_glad

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
dealer installed:
$1410 in parts (includes Mopar branded Fox stabilizer $160)
$336 in labor
$10 miscellaneous materials
$87.44 for alignment
subtotal: $1843.44
$99.40 sales tax
total: $1942.84

Advguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel, '19 Volvo XC40
Occupation
Entrepreneur
You can drive to my house in NC and I’ll do it for $2600 (including parts and labor) and let you watch and learn. It’ll take us 4 hours. For $3000 I’ll provide you an adjustable front trackbar which you will want with 2” of lift and beer if you’re old enough
I’m also in NC (Raleigh). Where are you?
I’m new to Jeep’s and expecting my ‘21 JT Diesel in the next week or two. Can you tell me what the adjustable front trackbar is for and why you recommend it?

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

Sponsored

SalukiFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel
You can drive to my house in NC and I’ll do it for $2600 (including parts and labor) and let you watch and learn. It’ll take us 4 hours. For $3000 I’ll provide you an adjustable front trackbar which you will want with 2” of lift and beer if you’re old enough
hmmm, what part of NC?? I'll of course have to wait for lift kit to come out for ecodiesel, but maybe this winter I'll take you up on that offer!

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
You can do much better for a lot less.

Straight axel lifts aren't that bad to install with hand tools, a floor jack, jack stands, and a torque wrench.

Question for the group......Who makes the Mopar lift ? Is it actual Mopar or rebranded stuff from another mfg ?

just curious..
On the JKs Rubicon Express made the mopar lift kits, not sure who is making them for the JT and JLs. I'd be willing to bet not Mopar though

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I’m new to Jeep’s and expecting my ‘21 JT Diesel in the next week or two. Can you tell me what the adjustable front trackbar is for and why you recommend it?
You don't need a adjustable Trackbar with 2" of lift only if you go over 2.5" of lift and really I wouldn't do it unless you get over 3". I got 2.5" ReadyLift SST lift kit on mine with Rubicon take off springs in the front so I'm sitting probably right at 3" of lift on the front of mine and have the Max tow springs on the rear with 2" spacer. My Jeep axle is not even a 1/4" off from side to side.

The adjustment Trackbar recenters the axle because as you go up in lifts the axle gets pushed out to one side throwing it off, but with a 2" mopar lift I wouldn't even bother. Some people just like throwing parts at stuff and claim factory parts are garbage and this and that. On my JKU I ran the stock ball joints and Trackbar for 115,000 miles and beat the heck out of it, never had a issue until the ball joints finally went out at around 115,000 miles and I got DW and got them replaced with guess what $59 stock ball joints I got online. Put another 17,000 miles on those before I finally sold it and bought the JT. I did end up getting a adjustable track bar when I replace my ball joints just because I was under there and decided to do it. That stock trackbar I took off is currently riding under my buddies JKU with another 30,000+ miles on it. For reference this is how my JKU set for 100,000 miles of those 115,000 miles

Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2 inch lift quote IMG_20171112_150748

CTFriel

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
You don't need a adjustable Trackbar with 2" of lift only if you go over 2.5" of lift and really I wouldn't do it unless you get over 3". I got 2.5" ReadyLift SST lift kit on mine with Rubicon take off springs in the front so I'm sitting probably right at 3" of lift on the front of mine and have the Max tow springs on the rear with 2" spacer. My Jeep axle is not even a 1/4" off from side to side.

The adjustment Trackbar recenters the axle because as you go up in lifts the axle gets pushed out to one side throwing it off, but with a 2" mopar lift I wouldn't even bother. Some people just like throwing parts at stuff and claim factory parts are garbage and this and that. On my JKU I ran the stock ball joints and Trackbar for 115,000 miles and beat the heck out of it, never had a issue until the ball joints finally went out at around 115,000 miles and I got DW and got them replaced with guess what $59 stock ball joints I got online. Put another 17,000 miles on those before I finally sold it and bought the JT. I did end up getting a adjustable track bar when I replace my ball joints just because I was under there and decided to do it. That stock trackbar I took off is currently riding under my buddies JKU with another 30,000+ miles on it. For reference this is how my JKU set for 100,000 miles of those 115,000 miles

IMG_20171112_150748.jpg
you axles will be off center with any amount of lift. 2” and it will be off around 3/4” in the front and 1/2 in the rear. But to each his own.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
you axles will be off center with any amount of lift. 2” and it will be off around 3/4” in the front and 1/2 in the rear. But to each his own.
Yep, guess that's why mines only off a 1/4 inch, but hey who deals with facts anymore, right!

Sponsored

CTFriel

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I think someone has already sent you a link but any geometry change affects the Jeep. Keeping the geometry as close to stock as possible provides a better ride, better tire wear, better mechanical component wear, and also helps eliminate things like death wobble. Yes it may not be 100% necessary with 2”’of lift however we’re driving $50k plus trucks so I think the $300 to keep the axle center is a moot point. Beefed up components also help offset the added stresses of larger tires. I’ve built and wheeled a whole bunch of Jeeps from budget to all out. I’ve experienced enough death wobble on the highway to know I’ll never skimp on any front end components ever again.

Last edited:

CTFriel

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Yep, guess that's why mines only off a 1/4 inch, but hey who deals with facts anymore, right!
I wasn’t as lucky. It’s almost unbelievable that you have 3”’of lift and your axle is 1/4” off center. I mean that math is almost impossible.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn’t as lucky. It’s almost unbelievable that you have 3”’of lift and your axle is 1/4” off center. I mean that math is almost impossible.
I'm neither a engineer or expert but I do know how to read a tape measure, been doing it for almost 20yrs at my job and measuring each side mines sitting right at a 1/4".

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I'm neither a engineer or expert but I do know how to read a tape measure, been doing it for almost 20yrs at my job and measuring each side mines sitting right at a 1/4".
What do you all think about a leveling kit? How bad is the rake? Also, I have the max tow, so should I keep the springs and not use the ones that come in the mopar lift kit?

Last edited: