First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Dealer has my lift in. I'll be getting it put on next week!
Sponsored

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
installed my lift today, diesel rubicon, im happy with the levelness of it, im in ct and selling my stock suspension, and m?t tires with the upgraded wheels

zQHlydFnQKOAg55xabOvAQ.jpg
I think this is the first one on the internet installed!

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
What would you guess for spacer size to be completely level?
1-1/2 inches spacer lift with bumper and winch. I bought the tereflex spacer lift because it has a specific 1" spacer and another 1/2" spacer so you can adjust how you want it to sit. More weight in the bed like a bed rack or tools and you use less in the front. If you tow a trailer more often, less lift in the front. If you run with the bed mostly empty and don't add weight to the front, the 1 " is perfect. I put the 1-1/2" lift in because my steel front bumper and 10k winch are going on when I get another spare minute.

zeeksta

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 rubicon diesel
I think this is the first one on the internet installed!
hahah not sure, but i do like it!
the power is great, but today on the highway in a steep hill into the wind it was in 7th gear, not sure if it would've with 33s or not
it went fine, but when i looked, it was in 7th
i lifted it with 17 miles on it.....

Sponsored

OP
OP

dogbones

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Vet
hahah not sure, but i do like it!
the power is great, but today on the highway in a steep hill into the wind it was in 7th gear, not sure if it would've with 33s or not
it went fine, but when i looked, it was in 7th
i lifted it with 17 miles on it.....
Ani issues cruising flat in 8th?

zeeksta

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 rubicon diesel
1-1/2 inches spacer lift with bumper and winch. I bought the tereflex spacer lift because it has a specific 1" spacer and another 1/2" spacer so you can adjust how you want it to sit. More weight in the bed like a bed rack or tools and you use less in the front. If you tow a trailer more often, less lift in the front. If you run with the bed mostly empty and don't add weight to the front, the 1 " is perfect. I put the 1-1/2" lift in because my steel front bumper and 10k winch are going on when I get another spare minute.
the following is MY opinion....
i have the stock metal bumper and synthetic line , its really not that heavy....
i understand some guys want rake, others level, so im not going there, but adding a spacer to a lift, is going to change geometry . are you making up for sag?(wrong spring rate)
or are you making lift taller? (wrong spring height)
the mopar lift is advertised 2 inch, and you use the included new longer lower control arms to fix caster angle
the bolts aren't adjustable, so if you add 1 1/2inches of spacers youre at 3 1/2 inches of lift.
you now have to buy adjustable control arms....

the above statement is MY OPINION, and how I planned my build, im just sharing my thoughts on how i got where i was., i added a track bar to recenter my axle in front, as well.

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the following is MY opinion....
i have the stock metal bumper and synthetic line , its really not that heavy....
i understand some guys want rake, others level, so im not going there, but adding a spacer to a lift, is going to change geometry . are you making up for sag?(wrong spring rate)
or are you making lift taller? (wrong spring height)
the mopar lift is advertised 2 inch, and you use the included new longer lower control arms to fix caster angle
the bolts aren't adjustable, so if you add 1 1/2inches of spacers youre at 3 1/2 inches of lift.
you now have to buy adjustable control arms....

the above statement is MY OPINION, and how I planned my build, im just sharing my thoughts on how i got where i was., i added a track bar to recenter my axle in front, as well.
I agree with and respect your opinion. The great thing about Jeeps is thousands of options for whatever a person could ask for.

OP
OP

dogbones

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Vet
none at all, it was the wind, hills and highway speeds that made 8th gear vanish this morning
So highway speeds that are flat will do 8th. Also, what are your plans for a spare tire?

Sponsored

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I am looking at the Mopar lift for ground clearance issues - breakover/departure angles and maybe a bit for fording capacity enhancement. Not so much for added flex or tire clearance. In fact, I am thinking of sticking with the 33s. I had 33s on my LJ and never had an issue hitting the diffs. Other than the extra inch of clearance I would get on 35s and maybe a marginal increase in ability to climb up a ledge, I can't really see that I would gain much off road capacity from the change and I would lose fuel economy, braking capacity and dollars. Am I missing something? I don't go to the mall, so the bad ass look of bigger tires doesn't impact me.

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am looking at the Mopar lift for ground clearance issues - breakover/departure angles and maybe a bit for fording capacity enhancement. Not so much for added flex or tire clearance. In fact, I am thinking of sticking with the 33s. I had 33s on my LJ and never had an issue hitting the diffs. Other than the extra inch of clearance I would get on 35s and maybe a marginal increase in ability to climb up a ledge, I can't really see that I would gain much off road capacity from the change and I would lose fuel economy, braking capacity
2 inches will only marginally increase your break over angle. If it’s enough for your needs than do it. The addition of larger tires increases the axle clearance and improves the ability for the tires to climb over large objects like a curb or a Corolla. The combination of a lift and tires dramatically increases the break over and the ability to climb over large objects. If you did the 2 inch Mopar lift and 37’s you effectively have 4 inches of lift. The thing I like about the jl/jt platform is you keep a low center of gravity with these large tires fitting. It all comes down to what you want and what you like. It’s your Jeep, no one else’s so build it for your wants.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
My lift is going in today!!
Sponsored