Mopar Halogen Fog Lights to Mopar LED Fog Lights

pizzapirate

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Sting Grey
I recently purchased the Mopar Rubicon Steel Bumper to replace the plastic bumper on my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon. It did not originally come with LED package - but I have since upgraded the Headlights, DRL, and Taillights to Mopar LED. Previously I had the dealer flash my Gladiator for $145 to get all of the lights working properly. Here I am a year later switching to the Mopar Steel Bumper and the included Mopar LED Fog lights are not working...

Rather than feel like a sucker and pay another $145 to the dealer to activate my Mopar LED Fog lights... I tried using the OBD JScan App, + VEEPEAK OBD2 Scan Tool, + OBD2 Cable Adaptor to change the Fog Light Settings myself on the JScan app. Unfortunately, I am not having any success with this method. I have also tried flashing all computer settings and turning the Fog Lights from Halogen to LED several times with no success. I have also checked the physical connections to the lights as well as the fuses.

As much as I don't want to tuck my tail and go back to the dealer for another $145 (money better invested on a nice steak dinner and bottle of wine) - does anybody have any ideas? Am I overlooking something?

My theory is the JScan app isn't working. The LED Fogs initially turned on and flickered - prior to flashing the computer. Now I am getting nothing. Please help!
Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Borrow a Tazer?

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
IT
I recently purchased the Mopar Rubicon Steel Bumper to replace the plastic bumper on my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon. It did not originally come with LED package - but I have since upgraded the Headlights, DRL, and Taillights to Mopar LED. Previously I had the dealer flash my Gladiator for $145 to get all of the lights working properly. Here I am a year later switching to the Mopar Steel Bumper and the included Mopar LED Fog lights are not working...

Rather than feel like a sucker and pay another $145 to the dealer to activate my Mopar LED Fog lights... I tried using the OBD JScan App, + VEEPEAK OBD2 Scan Tool, + OBD2 Cable Adaptor to change the Fog Light Settings myself on the JScan app. Unfortunately, I am not having any success with this method. I have also tried flashing all computer settings and turning the Fog Lights from Halogen to LED several times with no success. I have also checked the physical connections to the lights as well as the fuses.

As much as I don't want to tuck my tail and go back to the dealer for another $145 (money better invested on a nice steak dinner and bottle of wine) - does anybody have any ideas? Am I overlooking something?

My theory is the JScan app isn't working. The LED Fogs initially turned on and flickered - prior to flashing the computer. Now I am getting nothing. Please help!
I know it doesnt help resolve your issue but I also switched and had no problem wih using Jscan. Does Jscan show the change ?Make sure your truck is on the Run position when you make he change.

OP
OP

pizzapirate

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know it doesnt help resolve your issue but I also switched and had no problem wih using Jscan. Does Jscan show the change ?Make sure your truck is on the Run position when you make he change.
Jscan shows the change. I have the Jeep in the "Run" Position but I do not have the engine turned on. I guess I could try AUX, and RUN with Engine Running...

(This is what we get for buying Mopar OEM Parts...)

Sponsored

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Jscan shows the change. I have the Jeep in the "Run" Position but I do not have the engine turned on. I guess I could try AUX, and RUN with Engine Running...

(This is what we get for buying Mopar OEM Parts...)
you may need to let the computers sleep and reboot. I do think there is a ecu reboot option in jscan.. I have played with it but dont remember for sure

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
I am in the same sits as the OP. I want to swap my old halogens for new OE LED lights. Everyone says use Tazer or JL but WTF do you do when you go to the dealer for any service? Your lights wont work as soon as you unmarry.

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Lights are a vehicle function, they will stay in whatever setting you put them in after unplugging the taser.

OP
OP

pizzapirate

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spent a few hours tonight attempting every possible combination I could come up with using the JScan app. I also tried disconnecting both batteries. No luck… I will likely go to the dealer and have them flash during next oil change. If anyone has any ideas feel free to share! Will update after I tuck my tail and pay Mopar their tax…

Sponsored

TTU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Willys
Exact same situation here. Just got my cables and scanner and activated the led fog lights within the app. The fog light button in the cab does not work now. When pressing it there is no indication on the dash that it was pressed and of course the led fogs are not working. I sent JScan a message about it. Hopefully they have a solution.

TTU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Willys
Well never mind I guess. I let the truck sit for a while and the led fog lights are now working and everything else appears normal.

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
IT
I spent a few hours tonight attempting every possible combination I could come up with using the JScan app. I also tried disconnecting both batteries. No luck… I will likely go to the dealer and have them flash during next oil change. If anyone has any ideas feel free to share! Will update after I tuck my tail and pay Mopar their tax…
Are there any codes on the Advance Scan ?

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
For most setting changes in the Tazer, you have to perform 3-5 sleep cycles in order for the changes to take effect. Don't think that is the case for the JSCAN though. As long as you hit the green "GO" button for each setting you change, should be instant.

Blkout50

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired

I am having the exact same problem including the LED fogs initially turning on and then flickered and turned off.

I am getting the fog light indicator on the dash and it turns on and off. I checked the voltages at the fog lights and I am getting 14+ volts.

I was able to adjust my speedometer and change my DRL to turn signals. I just cannot get the fog lights to work.

I agree that the JScan app is not working for the LED fog lights(?).
Sponsored