Mopar Steel Front Bumper Ebay

ChillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Jeep Wagoneer, Challenger HC RE WB
Another thing to note is that yes the fog light brackets that come with the kit work but they have no room for adjustments. So i ended up buying this fog light bracket and the fogs fit so much better.

Screenshot_20220515-123906_eBay.jpg
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you have it fitting fine. Those brackets how you have them look like it works out with plenty of clearance. It's not like you remove things all the time once in place.
Although the included fog brackets did work, I agree, just not quite how I'd really like it in the end. So I've been considering brackets like what you show.
You don't really need 4 bolts holding the fog lights to brackets when only 2 hold the whole thing to the bumper.
I always figured that when (if HAHAHA) my new JT arrives, when I move stuff over I'd try to find ways to do it better, and those brackets may just be one way.
And because it's a tight fit how I have the plate brackets on mine, I might also look at how you did it again, just to see if I see things differently this time. It's really crowded down there on mine with skid plate brackets, winch plate brackets, and the front receiver bolts, all trying to fit into the same area.

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I saw it somewhere but I can't seem to find it (now that I'm looking for it). What paint is a good-nuf match for touch-ups on these Chinese bumpers? I'm in the PNW and man oh man she is a rusting at any little bare spot. What do you recommend?

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
I saw it somewhere but I can't seem to find it (now that I'm looking for it). What paint is a good-nuf match for touch-ups on these Chinese bumpers? I'm in the PNW and man oh man she is a rusting at any little bare spot. What do you recommend?
I just used a little can of Rustoleum I had laying around, my scratches were small though, if you have bigger ones they might be more noticeable.

Sponsored

mcccop_04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I think some people suggested raptor brand spray liner from a can to coat the bumper.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Got the bumper, fog light covers and bull bar coated. Took exactly 2 cans as I suspected.
The trick to the Raptor liner is not to get too close to the piece you're spraying. The can says no closer than 24". I've found about 30" is the sweet spot for even coverage. 20 minutes between coats, and you can handle it after 60, but I'm going to let this cure until the weekend. That's as soon as I could get to it anyway.

I realized that if I ever get a winch, I'll have 3 circles that aren't lined since I left those screws in...I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Steel Front Bumper Ebay 20220515_131726
Jeep Gladiator Mopar Steel Front Bumper Ebay 20220515_131726
looks good!
2 cans of liner _ how many coats?
Sponsored