Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I am in Houston, and there is NOTHING...
Wow. Most of what I've seen for sale on the forum are in FL, CO, AZ and TX.
But then that was months ago....
Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Wow. Most of what I've seen for sale on the forum are in FL, CO, AZ and TX.
But then that was months ago....
If you see one for sale in Texas, let me know!

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Guess I lucked out, 2 weeks after I bought my JTR I found one in NV and it was shipped for free. If the eBay one works and looks good then it’s a good deal. From what I can tell the only way to spot the difference is the four holes on the middle top /bottom of the bumper. I was going to buy the eBay one too but my OCD kicked in and those four holes bug the shit out of me. Stupid reason I know but it worked out in the end.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if its different. I’d actually prefer a weight savings....
By the time I mounted the bumper (with its included winch mount plate), the winch, and the Mopar Rubicon skid plate, I dropped my JT 1/2".
Yeah, in a way I wish or hope this was thinner and lighter, but I have my doubts.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I lucked out, 2 weeks after I bought my JTR I found one in NV and it was shipped for free. If the eBay one works and looks good then it’s a good deal. From what I can tell the only way to spot the difference is the four holes on the middle top /bottom of the bumper. I was going to buy the eBay one too but my OCD kicked in and those four holes bug the shit out of me. Stupid reason I know but it worked out in the end.
You can buy the Mopar rubicon bumper ends separately! I know some who did - bought this eBay bumper, bought $13 bezels and bought Mopar bumper ends and got rid of the holes and still saved hundreds of dollars.
I bought the Mopar bezels and got rid of at least those holes.
Frankly to me the screws and even those plugged holes give it a tougher, riveted look, like armor plate or something.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Steel Front Bumper Ebay 20201027_152230_HDR

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Planner
Does anyone have decent pictures of the design of the included winch plate? It looks pretty flimsy in the ebay photos.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Does anyone have decent pictures of the design of the included winch plate? It looks pretty flimsy in the ebay photos.
Same question.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Not decent, but some pics -

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Steel Front Bumper Ebay 20201014_161814_HDR
Jeep Gladiator Mopar Steel Front Bumper Ebay 20201014_095632

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Steel Front Bumper Ebay 20201013_170926
Jeep Gladiator Mopar Steel Front Bumper Ebay frame-end-rust-3

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This seems very serviceable for the light amount of winching I intend on doing.
That was my thought. I can always spring for a better one in the future should I decide to go hard-core............. but that's not real likely.
Just pulling myself out of a ditch in the winter is good enough LOL
But I suspect I'd use it more for acreage chores, or loading cars onto a trailer, whatever.

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Planner
That looks to be 1/8" thick roughly? And it does appear to tie in more on the sides than I thought.

At first glance it looked like it only had the front 4 fasteners. It seemed like it would just fold up with a solid pull. That does seem workable. Thanks!

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
Looking for the lightest, toughest winch bumper that keeps the winch below the grill. Between these 3... With the diesel engine and a 70-80lb winch, i'm really trying to keep bumper weight down.
Leaning toward the RR HD for the bars, thicker steel and ability to mound shackles and highlift points.

What are your thoughts?

Ebay Mopar Steelie,
Rugged Ridge HD Stubby
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/hd-stubby-front-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jk-jl-and-gladiator-jt
Jeep Gladiator Mopar Steel Front Bumper Ebay 1604500949711

Rugged Ridge Arcus
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-...ount-jeep-wrangler-jl-11549.04/with-overrider
Jeep Gladiator Mopar Steel Front Bumper Ebay 1604501095830

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Planner
Any of these bolt on bars are more or less decorative in my opinion. They will deflect brush that would scratch your paint but much more that than, not likely. Sure it might be a 1.75" or 2" "bar" but it is held on with 4 little bolts that you can see how small they are in the photos with the bars removed.

The Fab Fours below is fully welded where the bars attach but the winch is up quite a bit higher.

Also, keep in mind that the high lift openings, are just that, openings in thin plate. I'd be surprised if they didn't get pretty beat up the first time you try to use them. I would want a fully welded pocket to insert the jack hook, not the edge of a plate.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Steel Front Bumper Ebay 1604505460039

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
Any of these bolt on bars are more or less decorative in my opinion. They will deflect brush that would scratch your paint but much more that than, not likely. Sure it might be a 1.75" or 2" "bar" but it is held on with 4 little bolts that you can see how small they are in the photos with the bars removed.

The Fab Fours below is fully welded where the bars attach but the winch is up quite a bit higher.

Also, keep in mind that the high lift openings, are just that, openings in thin plate. I'd be surprised if they didn't get pretty beat up the first time you try to use them. I would want a fully welded pocket to insert the jack hook, not the edge of a plate.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Steel Front Bumper Ebay 1604505460039
Agreed, bolt-on bars are sacrificial and hopefully protect the winch, I'm actually thinking of having them welded on. But having the grill open is important as I will be pulling a camper with my ecodiesel and the only thing reducing the towing capacity is cooling, therefore I don't want to block it any more. Otherwise this FF would be at the top of my list! As for the high lift jack points, those are just openings but I'm thinking the tongue of the jack would sit on the hook or winch plate.
At this point I'm really leaning toward the RR HD at 54lbs, recessed winch, fog lights, and shackle mounts, it checks the boxes.
Sponsored