Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking to buy a Gladiator in July when I (hopefully) get home. I want to special order it, but if the factory stays closed too long that may not be an option. If I am unable to special order then I'll have to find one already built, but of course it won't be exactly what I'm looking for. Therefore, I need to figure out what are the "must-have" options that I can't add later.

I want a StingGray Rubicon automatic with leather, auxiliary switches, TrailCam, engine block heater, proximity keyless entry, trailer tow, the safety group, adaptive cruise control, remote start, cargo management system, cold weather group, and black hardtop.

What are the hardest options to add after delivery? I know things like floor mats or grab handles are obviously easy adds, but things like the auxiliary switches are difficult to add later. I think the TrailCam is hard to add later as well. Leather seats are obviously difficult to add, and changing the color is prohibitively expensive.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Trail cam
Block heater
Proximity entry
Safety group
Adaptive cruise
Cold weather
Remote start

All are options that need to be factory installed. If you search far enough, you should be able to find what you want. If not, you'll have to order and wait.

When I bought last July, there was only one Overland in the whole region (7+ dealers) that was fully equipped. I didn't get a block heater or trail cam, but those I can live without. It would have been nice to special order, but I didn't want to wait. I will likely do that if this one ever gets replaced.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
... I want a StingGray Rubicon automatic with leather, auxiliary switches, TrailCam, engine block heater, proximity keyless entry, trailer tow, the safety group, adaptive cruise control, remote start, cargo management system, cold weather group, and black hardtop. ...
Rubi's are arriving on dealer lots pretty loaded. I'd be very surprised if you can't find one of them that the dealer couldn't add what's missing. That is, may not be factory block heater, but dealer can add. Ditto the cargo management system. The rest of that will be somewhere out there: Give your dealer the opportunity to find something somewhere. They are desperate for sales and will look all over the U.S. if you impress upon them what you want. At least you're not asking for a manual transmission. All bets are off if that were what you wanted!

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Trail cam
Block heater
Proximity entry
Safety group
Adaptive cruise
Cold weather
Remote start

All are options that need to be factory installed. If you search far enough, you should be able to find what you want. If not, you'll have to order and wait.

When I bought last July, there was only one Overland in the whole region (7+ dealers) that was fully equipped. I didn't get a block heater or trail cam, but those I can live without. It would have been nice to special order, but I didn't want to wait. I will likely do that if this one ever gets replaced.
Max Tow is the most difficult/expensive thing to add?

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking to buy a Gladiator in July when I (hopefully) get home. I want to special order it, but if the factory stays closed too long that may not be an option. If I am unable to special order then I'll have to find one already built, but of course it won't be exactly what I'm looking for. Therefore, I need to figure out what are the "must-have" options that I can't add later.

I want a StingGray Rubicon automatic with leather, auxiliary switches, TrailCam, engine block heater, proximity keyless entry, trailer tow, the safety group, adaptive cruise control, remote start, cargo management system, cold weather group, and black hardtop.

What are the hardest options to add after delivery? I know things like floor mats or grab handles are obviously easy adds, but things like the auxiliary switches are difficult to add later. I think the TrailCam is hard to add later as well. Leather seats are obviously difficult to add, and changing the color is prohibitively expensive.
Aux switches are actually pretty easy to add if you know a little about wiring not a hard task and your going to save money doing it yourself over having the dealer do it.

DougM55

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Aux switches are actually pretty easy to add if you know a little about wiring not a hard task and your going to save money doing it yourself over having the dealer do it.
It’s my understanding that if you add the Aux switches after the build then you don’t get the interior wires. May not matter depending on your application but it isn’t quite the same as having it built with the option.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

Squelch where will you be stationed after you return from the sandbox?

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Texas eventually, but my family is in Arizona - so...out of the frying pan and into another frying pan.
Other than July and August the weather in Houston and Surrounding has been very nice but its a crap shoot from year to year

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
It’s my understanding that if you add the Aux switches after the build then you don’t get the interior wires. May not matter depending on your application but it isn’t quite the same as having it built with the option.
The kit from Quadratecs has the interior wires with it and all harnesses. If you use JScan you flash everything with it. Like $319 total, pretty easy install, had a buddy do it on his JL, took him about 2 hours to get it done.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Texas eventually, but my family is in Arizona - so...out of the frying pan and into another frying pan.

I’m wondering if some of our members who live closer to where you’ll be stationed could help you out by recommend it a dealer or two who could help a military guy out.....

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If you’re going to off-road it, you don’t want the adaptive cruise control or added safety group...They interfere, and can cause problems. Read up on it...
Sponsored