Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The extinguishers that have the dry chemical in them should not be stored in the upright position in a vehicle. The motion of the vehicle oacks the powder into the bottom of the canister and COULD result in not being able to be evacuated as planned when needed. Just fyi
Had not heard that - but then I'm not a professional firefighter either. Good tip.
It is likely ok in a building and such because there's no vibrations to shake the contents down into a more solid mass.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I like the banana holder. Where can I get it.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Well they responded quickly but unfortunately they are not offering any discounts..

——-

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us. We are not offering any current discounts and there are no immediate plans to do so. Right now we are focused on the roll-out of the extinguisher with several sub-distributors and retailers in the US. We are committed to supporting their efforts and any ‘manufacturer direct’ discounting would unfairly undermine the work that they are doing to stock, promote, and sell the extinguisher. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
I just checked their website. They are having a "Flash Sale" with 10% off with Coupon Code: CPPH5VC - Ends Midnight,Nov-18th.

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I’ve got an Element secured to my drivers seat. Instead of the magnet, I took two of the plastic clips they sell and secured them to the seat adjustment bar with zip ties. It’s very secure and easy to get to.

upload_2019-11-3_7-11-12.jpeg
Great idea! Any interference with the operation of the seat? Any interference removing it from the clips - look like you have to lift up or are they flexible enough to pull straight out?

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
Great idea! Any interference with the operation of the seat? Any interference removing it from the clips - look like you have to lift up or are they flexible enough to pull straight out?
Optimally, holding the bar down while pulling up on the extinguisher is the best way to get it out. However, those clips have enough give that you can pull it forward to free it with one hand.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Optimally, holding the bar down while pulling up on the extinguisher is the best way to get it out. However, those clips have enough give that you can pull it forward to free it with one hand.
Thanks. With the 10% off coupon, I decided to order one for each of my vehicles with an extra clip each to have them mounted under the driver's seat. I appreciate the picture and feedback.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I just checked their website. They are having a "Flash Sale" with 10% off with Coupon Code: CPPH5VC - Ends Midnight,Nov-18th.
Thanks for this. I just pulled the trigger on one. my parts pile is getting pretty big, I just need the JT to put it all in.

Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
The extinguishers that have the dry chemical in them should not be stored in the upright position in a vehicle. The motion of the vehicle oacks the powder into the bottom of the canister and COULD result in not being able to be evacuated as planned when needed. Just fyi
I spent 18 years with a volunteer fire dept. and your point is somewhat correct. But long-term storage in any position in a vibrating vehicle could cause the dry chemical to become compacted. However the extinguisher is mounted, it is a good practice to remove the extinguisher from its mount once or twice a year and shake it up, invert it, etc. I've always kept mine stored upright in vehicles. If you've rolled your Jeep recently, don't worry about de-compacting the extinguisher for a while.

H3R Performance HalGuard MX250B in Warn's Premium Holder (back seat has been removed):

ext.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: