Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
https://forresttoolco.com/the_max.html

Max%20Lay%20Out%20Better%20Color%20Tone.jpg

redtoollayout.jpg

I suppose its your call which one is clunkier.

Funny thing is how little pioneering I've actually had to do versus cutting fallen trees and snags out of the way.

I've found the axe works better as axe than a shovel working as a ax and vice versa. Probably reason I have a D handle shovel to.
I've looked at the Hi-Lift setup and about bought one a few times, I think it would rattle and be less control for some tasks but better shovel. Both are good multi purpose tools. I'm at a point in life I don't want to be using either tool all day. ;) now with the Max-Axe I have used all of the tools with it no where the best shovel (handle to short for me) good pick, firepit rake, hoe ect. Something else I have which is a 12in bow saw dual use cut wood and metal with standard hacksaw blades easier cutting wood:). Now the Jack-Mate is a good addition for a Hi-Lift so much that Hi-Lift basically made their own and added to later models. My first time using mine was bending my steering linkage back then sleeving with Hi-Lift handle. Then a 4-5+ hour drive home.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator LE Granite Crystal 2020; Range Rover Sport
If you have a system to mount it in the bed, there is no reason to mount it on the hood, other than to try to imitate others who are trying to look cool. It being on the hood (or behind the front fender) is a great way to damage the body panels of your Jeep.
Renegade, what size Hi-Lift were you able to mount? I am looking at the Hi-Lift bed mounts for the Gladiator to be mounted on the OEM bed rail system on the side of the bed. It is a Rubicon with spray in bed liner. I have measured the space in the bed and it looks like a 48 inch Hi-Lift will be about two inches too long. However, the picture on the Hi-Lift website appears to be a 48-inch but the Gladiator pictured does not have a spray in bed liner. Your help is appreciated.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I have measured the space in the bed and it looks like a 48 inch Hi-Lift will be about two inches too long. However, the picture on the Hi-Lift website appears to be a 48-inch but the Gladiator pictured does not have a spray in bed liner. Your help is appreciated.
48" Bedside just fits.

Jeep Gladiator Mounting hi-lift jack on the hood vs truck bed hiLift

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Triggering a snowflake is one reason I’d mount it on the hood. Probably the only one.

To the best of my knowledge, true story...

Jeep Gladiator Mounting hi-lift jack on the hood vs truck bed hiLift

That's great! Now we need someone to make a black plastic version of the HiLift Jack just for that reason (no need to tote around all that weight)

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
In my opinion, mounting on the hood is a really bad idea - motor vehicle accidents happen and if that sucker pops loose you'll be eating it.

Mounting it in the bed is safer.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
The hood as discussed ad nauseum is one of the worst places to mount it.

But brah, it looks gnarly!

slothead

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Overland
Occupation
NASA Consultant - EE
Vehicle Showcase
I have been wondering the same thing. Picked up a 5’ Hi-Lift black jack and hood mounting kit, but have yet to install for same reasons.
Could you post a pic of the jack mounted on your molle in the bed? Thanks,
Tom
Sponsored