Sponsored

My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned.

GrubbyBaja

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I owned an '06 Subaru Baja (turbo 5mt) before the Gladiator...guess I'm just drawn to polarizing vehicles. So far comments on my JTR have been positive, at least the comments that I hear.
Sponsored

PsychoAL

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2002 Wrangler
I relate to this thread so much... Owning two Wranglers previously I never would have thought when I purchased my Gladiator that it'd be such a controversy that solicited so many unwanted opinions. :facepalm: Truck owners hate on you for not having a "real truck", Jeep owners hate on you for not having a "real Jeep."

Meanwhile me enjoying my Gladiator. :LOL: :party:
Actually, it's a real truck AND a real Jeep. Best of both worlds... :)

TrewBrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator - Rubicon
I had to have some repair work on mine, A Hyundai tried to take me out from behind, When I called to check on the status, I had a conversation with my service person on how they were fighting over it. Half loved it and half hated it.
I noticed at first that I was getting the same response, but there were not a lot of Galdiators around us then, now it seems people are coming around and liking them. Maybe it has to do with the weather getting nicer, I have been stopped more frequently in parking lots by people with other Jeeps asking about mine.

JMXring222

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Six Wranglers before my JT, only reason I ever got rid of any of them was to get a truck, so I obviously LOVED the idea of the JT.

But when I saw the first ones stock I just couldn't, then the local dealer had one on the lot with 2.5" level/lift , 35" mud tires, and steps ... that checked off all the boxes and then some. Makes me smile just thinking about it, let alone when I walk up to it, then I drive it ... much to be thankful for!

I have had more people approach me saying they loved it, than any other vehicle. The other day a feisty little old lady asked me what it was, and when I told her it was a Jeep, she reminisced about an old Jeep she had and said " Guessing you could go most anywhere with that " ... I smiled and said " Yes Ma'm " ;)

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
The negative feedback I get is always based around "why didn't you get ______ truck instead for that price?" And I find myself saying in my head, it's probably because Ford, Chevy, Toyota etc don't offer a truck that's also a convertible and has removable doors. Also I love jeeps. I switched from JL after previously owning a JK. Getting the same thrill out of a vehicle as I did with my JL and JK with the added perk of a bed for hauling etc., - you can't beat it.

Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Maybe in the minority, but I have yet to receive a negative comment about it yet. I know that the Punk’n really sets mine apart from the rest of the NY JT’s as I still haven’t seen another one in the wild yet, but I’ve now multiple times had guys pull up next to me and tell me they thought it was an abomination until they saw one in person, and I haven’t done much visual upgrading. Most people just stare and smile or yell nice truck.

its now been in my driveway for 9 months and I still smile when I look at it.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
The only compliment that I needed was when my wife confirmed she loved it more than my prior Jeep Cherokee Overland. She continually reinforces it by pointing out people stopping and checking out the JT. In her opinion (which I fully agree with), it is such a unique truck - every other truck she sees looks so plain (even if it has a lift, tires, etc). The JT has a true personality.

Sold for me. Now that I have the soft top, I am questioning why I need my convertible Z4.

I now have the Swiss Army knife of trucks!

SCRubicon23

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU 2019 JLUR 2020 Gladiator
I went from a 2017 f250 diesel to my Gladiator so I get a lot of people commenting on it not being a “real” truck. I also have a JLUR and people just say they like my other jeep better. I couldn’t be happier with it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My "polarizing" JTR on 37's & 20's... It gets A LOT of looks and head-turns both sitting still and driving down the road.

Jeep Gladiator My Gladiator is the most polarizing vehicle I’ve ever owned. JTR

Sponsored

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
The only compliment that I needed was when my wife confirmed she loved it more than my prior Jeep Cherokee Overland. She continually reinforces it by pointing out people stopping and checking out the JT. In her opinion (which I fully agree with), it is such a unique truck - every other truck she sees looks so plain (even if it has a lift, tires, etc). The JT has a true personality.

Sold for me. Now that I have the soft top, I am questioning why I need my convertible Z4.

I now have the Swiss Army knife of trucks!
After I put my tires on, my fiancé and I went for a drive in the country with the top off. She’s a well educated, extremely intelligent girl, but she’s from a small town in N AL (Cullman) and she loves trucks and my Jeep. I intentionally had her drive and we ended up driving like 80 miles on backroads and she couldn’t stop smiling and saying that it drives like a dream. She’s always liked my Gladiator, but she’s fully on board now.

NC_Gladiato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had so many compliments on my Gladiator since I bought it early March. I have not heard any complaints so far. Since I have the PUNK'N color, it seems to draw more people to noticing it as well.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After I put my tires on, my fiancé and I went for a drive in the country with the top off. She’s a well educated, extremely intelligent girl, but she’s from a small town in N AL (Cullman) and she loves trucks and my Jeep. I intentionally had her drive and we ended up driving like 80 miles on backroads and she couldn’t stop smiling and saying that it drives like a dream. She’s always liked my Gladiator, but she’s fully on board now.
That's where my family is originally from... Small world.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
When I test drove the Gladiator, I came to a stop light. There was a guy behind me in a jacked up diesel with no shirt on laughing and pointing me out to his buddy behind him also in a jacked up diesel. He started to get out of his truck and walk up to me before the light turned green. He proceeded to show off and blow smoke. Thank God he and his buddy turned off somewhere. I was getting nervous.
Sponsored