Sponsored

My heart stopped for a sec.... glad I finish reading before throwing my phone across the room.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I saw that too and was like WTF ... but then realized it only for cars trucks and SUVs are not part of it.

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

Meh.

The 6.4 Hemi would be a much better choice...

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Meh.

Problem is that if they didn't offer the diesel we would be stuck with the V6 or 4cly turbo. :headbang:

Now if they did offer the V8 Hemi with e-torque that they are putting in the new 1500 sign me up.

dew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee;WRX
some guy ranted in the linked article comments section about his dodge/ram diesel truck being in the shop 2x/month and diesel trucks getting 50%+ worse gas mileage than regular gas trucks. Any truth to those comments? I have not seen any reports of it, but I haven't looked that hard either.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OSO131

OSO131

First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN

Meh.

In a natural disaster gas always runs out... diesel is always available. Not that I’m a preper or anything. But it would be nice to know that I can burn just about anything with it.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
modern diesels are fussy about fuel quality so you would need an old mechanical injected diesel in those circumstances

OP
OP
OSO131

OSO131

First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN
modern diesels are fussy about fuel quality so you would need an old mechanical injected diesel in those circumstances
I see... man I need to learn more about diesels.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
some guy ranted in the linked article comments section about his dodge/ram diesel truck being in the shop 2x/month and diesel trucks getting 50%+ worse gas mileage than regular gas trucks. Any truth to those comments? I have not seen any reports of it, but I haven't looked that hard either.
The first EcoDiesel had a bunch of issues, but I had read that a lot of them where fixed. Also the Eco Diesel that coming out in the JT/JL/1500 for 2019+ is the Gen 2 motor. So it should be much improved.

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
The first EcoDiesel had a bunch of issues, but I had read that a lot of them where fixed. Also the Eco Diesel that coming out in the JT/JL/1500 for 2019+ is the Gen 2 motor. So it should be much improved.
I feel like the initial launches of most modern truck diesels have gone terribly. Early Duramaxes had injector issues, Ford had multiple disasters like the sweet exhaust flamethrower lol, etc.

Generally by the second or third gens they've gotten most of the bugs out, and reliability begins returning back to what's generally expected of diesels. So hopefully that's the case for the new EcoDiesels.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Unless you have an oil furnace/boiler at home. Most home heating oil these days is the same as the low sulfur on road diesel, except for the dye . Highly illegal, but in a disaster scenario, wgaf? Also, the odds of getting caught in a regular passenger vehicle/ truck are much lower than in big rigs.

Edit:

For example, my state of NH requires home heating oil to meet the same 15ppm standard for sulfur as on road ultra low sulfur diesel.

It'll depend on the state, but even where not required, suppliers often use the low sulfur fuel to simplify logistics.
Sponsored