First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
I do have to say about the dealers who have helped forum members with 5-7% less than invoice here don't have any hidden agendas and costs as a lot of people have already purchased from them and the OTD price along with fair financing or your own financing as well... Didn't want people to think that the dealers here were somehow masking some profits in hidden items...
@SleepyJeep is correct. Spencer at Motor Inn was right on with 3% under Invoice plus the military discount for me and only a $75 Document fee! Obviously you need to know all the potential added costs and make an informed decision but there are honest dealers with no extra hidden costs out there!
Sponsored

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
SIT DOWN with Jay, no one at the dealer can make a better deal.

I tried to buy a truck from McHaik, after devoting almost 3 mo to it and driving over there numerous times (OVER 1 1/2 hr from my place) I still did not have a firm price nor did I have a good order. I asked REPEATEDLY to sit down with the order guy at the computer and PLACE the damn order! Ended up I just found another dealer.

Yea MacHaik makes big offers...suggest you tell them put the deal in writing and to show you your OUT THE DOOR price.

I got a deal from a dealer once on a Jeep: Employee pricing - holdback + TT&L only. So how did they do it? GREED, I walked in the door with a check from my bank to pay full cash out the door price. But they did not want that and offered the deal...AT 28% for 72 mo.

LOL, there was no early pay off clause and I called up the finance company, sent them a check and only paid 3 days interest.

Got a call from the Sales guy, GM, Fiance guy, and the Sales manager screaming at me...lol finance guy said he was going to lose his job.

LOTS of talk on here about 4, 5 and even 7% off invoice...ANY dealer can do that as long as you don't mind paying for lifetime window tint, chrome muffler bearings, an 78% Nitrogen filled tires or finance it at 28% for longer than the car will even last.

Or the OLD trick of burying the shipping charges on the sales contract. Often they use terms like: Shipping and handling, make ready, etc and it is the same exact amount as the shipping charge on the window sticker, yes Virginia you were double-billed for shipping, read the sales contract closely!!!!

This deal is HARD to beat: Invoice - any applicable incentives + TT&L ONLY!
I had no issue getting 5% under with a $300 doc fee. No added fees or warranties required. Went through my bank and they even offered to match the interest rate my bank was offering. I politely declined and we moved on with the sale. Super easy. That was Criswell in Maryland.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Looking at the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Engine Options and Power Outputs
The first 3.6L V6Pentastar engine. This produces 285 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque.

Yet the 3.6 liter in the Dodge Challenger is rated at 305horsepower and 270 lb.-ft. of torque in the Dodge Challenger; 90% of torque is available from 1,800 to 6,350 rpm, real-world punch

So what we know is there is more there if Jeep would just tap it!

HEY JEEP, I am towing and the Challenger is NOT...DUH!

Now let's take a look at the I6 of TJ fame...last time I saw something that flat was my first girlfriend without her bra on!

40_torquecurve_med_hr.jpg
just wait till they bring an I6 back with turbo! P P PLEASE JEEP let the rumors be true.

Tex-1836

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Black ext. / tan leather interior
@SleepyJeep is correct. Spencer at Motor Inn was right on with 3% under Invoice plus the military discount for me and only a $75 Document fee! Obviously you need to know all the potential added costs and make an informed decision but there are honest dealers with no extra hidden costs out there!
I purchased from Steve Carrizales at Mac Haik in Georgetown. The 5% under invoice deal is real. No bullshit, no add-ons, no tricks. They even beat my bank's interest rate with the same bank by 25 bp. The rate was 2.94%. I think I did 48 months.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I love my Ram Ecodiesel. I can't wait to get a Gladiator Ecodiesel and I'll eventually buy my wife a Wrangler Ecodiesel, too.

Sponsored

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
As I sit here waiting for my Sting-Grey Rubicon order that I placed a $2000 deposit for, at full MSRP... I can't help but be frustrated by other orders being placed, built, and then walked away from. Meanwhile my Jeep is stuck in D status without a VIN and still months from being in my driveway. I wish Jeep would prioritize better!!!

This is the support group for JT waiting game, right?

Tex-1836

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just tried to call and speak with him. They say he no longer works there. WTH.
That is strange. I called and spoke to him this week about my license plates and registration. He sure sounded like he still worked there.

Tex-1836

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just tried to call and speak with him. They say he no longer works there. WTH.
Steve just posted something on this site on Wednesday. Check the thread under "AFFILIATE PRICING NOW AVAILABLE ON GLADIATOR!!!"

RambaLambaDingDong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU on tons, 40s, Longarm, 14 Cummins Megacab
Occupation
Nuclear Engineer
I love my Ram Ecodiesel. I can't wait to get a Gladiator Ecodiesel and I'll eventually buy my wife a Wrangler Ecodiesel, too.
I need a truck. Sooner rather than later. I want a diesel. So my dilemma right now is... get the new Ram Ecodiesel (supposed to have 2019 Q4 availability), or wait another year plus to get a diesel Gladiator. Or I could get a gas Gladiator now and deal with it, possibly trade for a diesel when available.

Sponsored

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I need a truck. Sooner rather than later. I want a diesel. So my dilemma right now is... get the new Ram Ecodiesel (supposed to have 2019 Q4 availability), or wait another year plus to get a diesel Gladiator. Or I could get a gas Gladiator now and deal with it, possibly trade for a diesel when available.
If you need a truck sooner than later, I would get the 2020 Ram Ecodiesel. I suspect that the discounts are going to be much larger for the Ram Ecodiesel than they will be for the Gladiator Ecodiesel. For example, I bought my 2015 Ram Ecodiesel for $38K and it was $49,850 MSRP. Even today, you can still get new Ecodiesel for $14K off MSRP on a high-end package. Jeep isn't mass producing the Gladiator, therefore they won't be mass producing the Gladiator Ecodiesel, either. Due to supply and demand, I don't think you are going to find a Gladiator Ecodiesel much cheaper than $4K off MSRP. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking.

relapsekg

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon; 2012 VW GTI ; 1999 S10 ZR2
Occupation
IT
What makes you say this? I build classic cars. While they're not trucks, people install 427 cubic inch "stroker" engines into cars which came with a 302. Builders install larger radiators, twin electric fans, shrouds and other mods to keep everything cool; even with air conditioning. I've seen 1960s cars with twin turbo V8s and supercharged V8s. Those mods require some serious cooling, but home builders are able to make it happen. I don't see why it would be so hard with a Gladiator.

Here's an example of a home-built, 2011 Ford Ranger with a Cummins Diesel swap. Note he simply installed the intercooler in the bumper, below the radiator. It appears the main bearings did not melt.

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/1511-2011-ford-ranger-diesel-swap/
Comparing the area under the hood of a 60's car and a Gladiator is retarded. It is very narrow.

Have you seen a pentastar crammed in there?

I bet the reliability of the home builders cars is no where near a factory product with a warranty.

Just because some dude does a one off doesnt mean it is good.

A ford 302 and a 427 stroker? Those are both small blocks, dont know what point that is supposed to make.

Ive put a 632 big block into a camaro replacing a small block... whoopee

RambaLambaDingDong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Engineer
If you need a truck sooner than later, I would get the 2020 Ram Ecodiesel. I suspect that the discounts are going to be much larger for the Ram Ecodiesel than they will be for the Gladiator Ecodiesel. For example, I bought my 2015 Ram Ecodiesel for $38K and it was $49,850 MSRP. Even today, you can still get new Ecodiesel for $14K off MSRP on a high-end package. Jeep isn't mass producing the Gladiator, therefore they won't be mass producing the Gladiator Ecodiesel, either. Due to supply and demand, I don't think you are going to find a Gladiator Ecodiesel much cheaper than $4K off MSRP. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking.
I should have mentioned, I get EP from FCA. So the price I get will be as low as possible on either model. I want to just get a gas Gladiator. But I think the right thing to do is wait for the new diesel Ram in a few months.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I should have mentioned, I get EP from FCA. So the price I get will be as low as possible on either model. I want to just get a gas Gladiator. But I think the right thing to do is wait for the new diesel Ram in a few months.
I gotcha. You're in good shape with either direction you decide to go in. I would like to sell or trade our 2015 Big Horn Ecodiesel for a 2020 Longhorn Ecodiesel. We rarely find what we want on the lot, so the plan is to place an order sometime in March.

RambaLambaDingDong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Engineer
I gotcha. You're in good shape with either direction you decide to go in. I would like to sell or trade our 2015 Big Horn Ecodiesel for a 2020 Longhorn Ecodiesel. We rarely find what we want on the lot, so the plan is to place an order sometime in March.
I feel like I would be in better shape with a 1 year old Gladiator at EP than a Ram at EP. I feel like it'll be just another 1500 pickup... but I'm not happy about the MPGs I've seen people say they're getting... the new 2020 Ecodiesel should be upper 20s minimum.
Sponsored