OP
OP
JohnWick

JohnWick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S Max Tow
yeah but those guys and most wheel places still run on old Jeep standards. They don't realize that there are trim levels with widetrack axles that have a whole .75 of an inch to acount for on each side. 0 works great for other glady's, JKs, and most JLs. for us widetrack guys, its pretty aggressive.
Understood. Thanks.

I’ve looked at a number of JT setups with the same wheel and they don’t look too obnoxious so I think I’ll be ok.
Sponsored

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25th. Anniversary Ducati Monster 1200 #188/500
Occupation
Company car hauling truck driver 26 years 2024.
Appreciate the responses, a while back I was interested in the Baja Boss in 255/85 but don’t want a tucked in look, and I don’t really know what they would like with the wheels I bought which are a 0 offset.
I get that for sure. That is why I bought 1.5” wheel spacers for the Mickeys, but being on Mojave wheels (37 offset), they ended up not being so tucked in without the spacers. Not as much as I was thinking and being winter dedicated, figured keeping them tight would be a good thing.

I will absolutely roll the 255 Mickeys on the 8.5” wide 0 offset Method wheels and may not wait to wear out or even sell the Kendas.

First picture are the 255 Mickeys on 37 offset Mojave wheels with 1.5” spacers and on a 2” AEV lifted vehicle. I do not know what offset wheel minus spacers math/equivalent would be.

The second & third picture are the 255 Mickeys on Mojave wheels and no wheel spacers.

The forth picture is the Kenda 10.5” wide tires on said 8.5” wide and 0 offset wheels. No wheel spacers. Also 2” AEV lifted.

Needless to say…
255 Mickeys on 37 offset 7.5” wide wheels and 1.5” spacers are damn near identical to 10.5” wide Kendas on 0 offset 8.5” wide wheels and no spacers.

Just to give you an idea.

Jeep Gladiator Narrowed down to 3 tire choices.  Which? IMG_1791

Jeep Gladiator Narrowed down to 3 tire choices.  Which? RenderedIma

Jeep Gladiator Narrowed down to 3 tire choices.  Which? IMG_1507

Jeep Gladiator Narrowed down to 3 tire choices.  Which? IMG_3285

IMG_5469.png

IMG_5470.png

IMG_5471.png

Last edited:

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
Understood. Thanks.

I’ve looked at a number of JT setups with the same wheel and they don’t look too obnoxious so I think I’ll be ok.
oh its so hard to go wrong with JTs. you could go negative offset and still be pretty mild. If your worried about keeping a good scrub radius keep it tighter tho. 0 offset with a thin tire should still be a good positive radius.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
All good points about snow driving. I only drive in snow if I want to, and I don’t. ?

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
All good points about snow driving. I only drive in snow if I want to, and I don’t. ?
naw you got a mojave, snow is just like sand but more bipolar lol.
Jeep Gladiator Narrowed down to 3 tire choices.  Which? IMG_8893

Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnWick

JohnWick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S Max Tow
I get that for sure. That is why I bought 1.5” wheel spacers for the Mickeys, but being on Mojave wheels (37 offset), they ended up not being so tucked in without the spacers. Not as much as I was thinking and being winter dedicated, figured keeping them tight would be a good thing.

I will absolutely rock the 255 Mickeys on the 8.5” wide 0 offset Method wheels and may not wait to wear out or even sell the Kendas.

First picture are the 255 Mickeys on 37 offset Mojave wheels with 1.5” spacers and on a 2” AEV lifted vehicle. I do not know what offset wheel minus spacers math/equivalent would be.

The second & third picture are the 255 Mickeys on Mojave wheels and no wheel spacers.

The forth picture is the Kenda 10.5” wide tires on said 8.5” wide and 0 offset wheels. No wheel spacers. Also 2” AEV lifted.

Just to give you an idea.

Thanks.

37 = 1.46” so that seems about right with the spacers.

First or Last pic would be just fine for me, just don’t want half the tire sticking out.

Appreciate the responses, I know this is the 456,458th “what tire” thread and it gets old. But tires are expensive and I’m trying to make the right decision. Is the 10.5 Kenda about the same width as the M/T 255/85?

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.

First or Last pic would be just fine for me, just don’t want half the tire sticking out.

Appreciate the responses, I know this is the 456,458th “what tire” thread and it gets old. But tires are expensive and I’m trying to make the right decision. Is the 10.5 Kenda about the same width as the M/T 255/85?
its .5" -.75" thinner

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks.

I just edited/added some offset comparison photos. 255 Mickeys on 8.5” wide 0 offset wheels will basically be just as you see in that 4th. photo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JohnWick

JohnWick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S Max Tow
I just edited/added some offset comparison photos. 255 Mickeys on 8.5” wide zero offset wheels will basically be just as you see in that 4th. photo.
Thanks.

I may need to consider these tires. I am not a huge fan of the really narrow look however that would bother me a lot less than being tucked in which doesn’t look like it will be an issue with the wheels I have.

Yeah yeah I know function over form, aesthetics matter too. Get both:)

Sponsored

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks.

I may need to consider these tires. I am not a huge fan of the really narrow look however that would bother me a lot less than being tucked in which doesn’t look like it will be an issue with the wheels I have.
I am trying to not pile on here, but I am just bored. Work truck is in for usual service, so I home wasting time. Hah!

Yes, I am also advocating for “pizza cutter” tires. Should have listened to my dad about wide vs. narrow 35 years ago. He knew, of course. Lol.

Anyhow… generally speaking, the thing I just do not get is the thought of these tires being “really narrow” looking. I mean… aside from tire/wheel poke and such, they are basically 10” wide on 7.5” wide wheels. On 8.5” wide wheels, they will be marginally/slighter wider than these photos. Which to me… look pretty darn good (IMO).

Anyway… good luck. It appears you are leaning in a better choice (IMO) than initially with the R/Ts for year round in Wisconsin.

Jeep Gladiator Narrowed down to 3 tire choices.  Which? IMG_1809

Jeep Gladiator Narrowed down to 3 tire choices.  Which? IMG_1808

Last edited:

talljeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 J-20 97 TJ 2012 JKU 2020 JT/LE
Huge Toyo fan. I have never seen tires like these wear and live for so long. I have run MT's and very pleased at every level. TJ, JKU, JT all good

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
I had the kendas and was disappointed with them. Now have a set of Toyo trail r/t and so far happy with them. Think they are D rated.

A C rated tire would be best for on road and an AT tire would be better for snow.

OP
OP
JohnWick

JohnWick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S Max Tow
I think I’ve got it narrowed down to:

255/85 Baja Boss
285/75 Open Country AT3

Leaning the latter.

As my wife says…. Make a damn decision :CWL:

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Toyo AT3, and if your EVER thinking of 35’s just get 35x11.5r17 now.
Sponsored