First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
To add I have 285/75r17 toyos on my rig, great tires.
Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Is 285 70 17 too short for what you want?

About 1" shorter, but you get some more choices.

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
I think I’ve got it narrowed down to:

255/85 Baja Boss
285/75 Open Country AT3

Leaning the latter.

As my wife says…. Make a damn decision :CWL:
Baja Boss is the best tire i have ever run hands down

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25th. Anniversary Ducati Monster 1200 #188/500
Occupation
Company car hauling truck driver 26 years 2024.

Sponsored

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
100%
I could not agree more.
Sorry grandma, but you’re going down.

?
I got mine for dirt cheap. B day gift from my best friend that work for discount

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
Nit
285/75/17 tires going on Fifteen52 Turbomac HD classics.

These are the 3 I've narrowed it down to. They are all "similar" in price($345 to $388 price spread) and size (33.8 to 34.1")

Use will be mostly onroad, some camping, occasional overlanding, light crawling/parks etc.

The finalists are:

Toyo Open Country R/T Trail (E1, $362)
Falken Wildpeak R/T01 (E1, $388)
Nitto Ridge Grappler (C1, $343)

Any input and experience with these is appreciated, what to avoid if anything, etc.

Pics never hurt either. :P
Nitto's, I went with Gladiators MTX comps 35x12.50x17 on 9 inch steel rims ..love em . Will buy again. On the lower end of that price range.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I have been running these since last year and they have been great tires
LT 34X10.50R 17 120S D1 Toyo Open Country A/T 3

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
I have been running these since last year and they have been great tires
LT 34X10.50R 17 120S D1 Toyo Open Country A/T 3
Had a set of those once great on road tire but in this WV clay they wasn't worth a darn.

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
What ALT2870 said above! I do not know how to insert a quote.
??‍♂

Year round in Wisconsin?!? None of those would be my choice. Southeast Michigan here and travel all over Wisconsin all the time (car hauling truck driver). To all of the General Motors dealerships.

You state “mostly on road, some…”

Most importantly… all-terrain tires!
As narrow as you are willing to accept too. Generally speaking… (wide tire types will dislike this, but I do not care nor will I engage with those and their rebuttals). You do not want wide(r) tires. No, 285 are not all that/or too wide. Those would be absolute max width for me, but nah.

I have had the Toyo A/Ts 285/75R17, but on a decently decked out Toyota Tundra Crewmax with HD steel bumpers, winch, sliders, etc. Heavy truck. They were OK. Actually, did not really care for them on an end of January road trip to Victor, Montana (straight south of Missoula).

The narrow Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 255/85R17 are 100% the best tire choice I have ever made. They absolutely crush on-road snow covered conditions. The only better tires are likely winter specific. I will never opt for anything but these tires for winter weather and would/will absolutely run them year round.
One can avoid the too “tucked-in” tire look with +25 offset wheels or for some poke, 0 offset wheels.

Third photo: The only reason I have the Kenda Klever R/T (point being R/T) 35x10.5x17 as my warm weather rollers, is because the Mickeys were on backorder at the time and I am impatient AF. I would not even consider an R/T during the winter.

I would sell said Kendas (6 - two have 0 miles on them) for another set of the Mickeys and would push down my grandma to get to the last set on a rack!

?

IMG_5468.png

IMG_3997.jpeg

IMG_3996.jpeg

do not know how to insert a quote.
??‍♂
Long press on the section you want to qoute. Then a info box the says +qoute will pop up hit it
Then hit reply then hit
Insert qoute at the bottom of the post box below just above the post reply button a list of qoutes saved will pop up touch the one you long pressed on Then hit insert qoute red box at the bottom of the list . Then hit space bar and type your reply then hit the post reply button.

Sponsored

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Dont put E rated tires on.

I was thinking about E rated Nexxens. What is wrong about E rated tires?

Pikerunner

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Are the Toyos quiet? The factory Falkens are loud, in my opinion. Looking to add 35" to my Mojave, most all on road driving in Texas. Thanks.

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
Dont put E rated tires on.

I was thinking about E rated Nexxens. What is wrong about E rated tires?
I'm Using E Rated tires ..Love em.. I work in Stone and rock all the time C rated tires ride like a dream on pavement but you take those suckers off road with anything other than occasional gravel and dirt and I gaurantee your waiting for a flat tire.
I travel Gravel small Gravel and 3 inch stone all the time and I am tell you a C rated tire will Not hold up !
Now if your a mild dirt off roader then C or D rated tire will work just fine for you. On my E rated tires I run 30-32 pounds coupled with a 2.5" Terra flex lift and Falcon shocks and I am telling you its the ticket for success. Look at my Avatar pic that is the ones I have on mine .IMHO

Mtn Lion

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTS
This is my rig with the Baja Boss AT 285s in D2. The wheels have a -6mm offset. I "upgraded" to the Toyo open country RT Trails in 315 70s. I live in southern Colorado and it's usually warm and dry here and I'm happy with the RTs but probably too hard for your weather. I could recommend the MTs for wisconsin climate but my sharp rocks and rough roads tore them up pretty quickly.

20230512_163307.jpg

20230512_163057.jpg

RoamingGladiator

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Another +1 for Baja Boss if you want to pay the Mickey Thompson brand name tax, they are used by a ton of people for a reason. Falken AT4ws are also extremely good, I love them.

I don't really see the problem with E rated tires personally.... I've run them on all my trucks, keep the pressure down when you're not loaded up and they're fine. My Rubicon drives beautiful with them around 28 psi. Now if you're the type to run 35" tires on 20" rims... maybe E rated tires may be a bit much for you, but if you have plenty of rubber and not so much rim they're fine.

37x12.50R17 Falken AT4ws on 17" Pro Comps, $400 CAD a tire for these is a great deal. The Mickey Thompson A/Ts in the same size are nearly double the price here.

Jeep Gladiator Narrowed down to 3 tire choices.  Which? 1715626986061-1
Sponsored