First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
I just traded in my sport for a rubicon and quickly realized on the test drive that the front/rear diff lock and auxiliary button panel used to be a cubby where I put my phone on my sport.

I did some looking around and I like the bullitpoint mounting solutions top tray mounted arm but Iam not sure I will be happy with the charging chord layout since I use android navigation and Spotify via corded connection.

I figure the closer to the usb charging port the better as the cord will not be strung out over the screen or vents etc. Using the cupholders are out of the question.

What are you guys using for corded phone usage and mounting that doesn't impede anything and is easy to use?
Sponsored

KSP938

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Occupation
Trooper
Course motorsports is incredible. Easy to install and it works.

cico7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
I use the RAM mount system.
cord is not an issue for me.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
BulletPoint and C to C USB with 90 degree angled ends so the cord doesn't hang straight down.

Works well for my snowplow control as well using an acrylic piece I made that the phone holder clamps onto and my controller slips into.
With the 90 degree angles, the cord of the phone can be routed out of the way. There are also stick-on cable clips a person could put on the dash to hold the USB cable in place and out of the way.

Jeep Gladiator Need ideas on phone mount solutions 20221201_094409_HDR

OP
OP

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturing
OP
OP

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturing
Thanks. I think I will try this one. Looks very minimal and like ShadowsPapa said I can route the wires out of the way somehow.

User Name

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland Eco-Diesel
Occupation
Breakin' Hearts
Vehicle Showcase
Offroam aren't too bad. Connect to your vents.

Screenshot_20230529_115411_Brave.jpg

Sponsored

Skullivan

First Name
Skylar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
GFC Engineer
Offroam aren't too bad. Connect to your vents.

Jeep Gladiator Need ideas on phone mount solutions Screenshot_20230529_115411_Brave
This style phone mount is great, BUT they ripped off the design from Hondo Garage. I’d get it from Hondo Garage, made in MT. Very high quality 6061 aluminum and customer service is next to none.

I’ve had mine since I bought my truck and use it every day.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
@AmosMoses I use 67 designs (didnt know at the time bout bulletpoint) that puts my phone right in the same spot that Shadow has his plow controller. I have the phone low in the mount so it does not obstruct my road view at all, and fits perfectly between the steering wheel and nav screen. The wire hangs straight down. I too thought that would be annoying but have found out the last year of ownership it is just fine and doesn't really annoy me much. Especially because sometimes I grab my phone while standing outside to look at something, so the cord length is nice if folded away well. The only thing it really blocks is that vent that is directly behind it, so I have the vent angled down a little. It has worked well for me.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have a three foot cable that connects inside the center console and routes through the cutout on the right side. The phone sits in the passenger seat. I use Android Auto, so I don't need the phone in front of me all the time.

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
If you remove the temperature control plate and radio/navigation plate you can neatly route the cable for the Bulletpoint mount. I tuck the cable end into a slot on the bulletpoint plate when not using it. Can add pictures later if desired
Sponsored