Sponsored

New 2020 Mojave - Worn White Leather - Get a deal?

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this. Having been on this forum for a while now, I've heard of the legendary Danial Gupton and his godly 6%-8% invoice deals. While Im not opposed to driving it back to the west coast for a sweet deal, do you know if this is something that I can pay to have delivered as part of the "delivery fee"?

Also - I've called five dealers in my area and every single one pretty much laughed at me when I mentioned % off of invoice if I ordered one with a config sheet. Any idea whats up with that?
I too tried locally and they simply aren't doing enough volume to support it. I got rejected and ignored but I try not to be bitter about it because they would indeed lose their tail unlike folks moving many hundreds of gladiators a month. Same thing with Ford on the east coast and Koon's dealership in VA. One can have nearly any model ford for way below what anyone else can do and its always worth the logistical challenges imposed.

Delivery for a vehicle from west coast to east coast was $700 for me. Entirely different scenario but I had to get a car from CA to PA 2 years ago. That was covered, flatbed or open car carrier might be cheaper. I don't know if Gupton has some type of transport arrangement but I'm assuming they must. They are forward-thinking enough to templatize remote deals with custom paperwork, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they had a few delivery options.
Sponsored

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Hahah dont bust my balls too hard. Tbh I love the look and it seems to have helped win the gf over but you're right, I think black is the more pragmatic option.
You're good my friend, no matter what the color. My brother is building an apartment complex in Bend and will see your stqte later this year. Go Jeepin........

Szy_szka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
I found a leftover 2020 Overland with an MSRP of 54,135. Looks like it has been sitting o a lot since Nov/Dec of 2019.

Based on Edmunds, the invoice price for this model is 51,149. 8% under invoice at Grupton would place it at 47,057. The dealer is willing to let it go for 45,680 and this is the absolute lowest he can do. This equates to about 10.7% under invoice.

So on paper I am 'beating' Gupton but is it still the best deal one can get on a leftover 2020?

Last edited:

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I found a leftover 2020 Overland with an MSRP of 54,135. Looks like it has been sitting o a lot since Nov/Dec of 2019.

Based on Edmunds, the invoice price for this model is 51,149. 8% under invoice at Grupton would place it at 47,057. The dealer is willing to let it go for 45,680 and this is the absolute lowest he can do. This equates to about 10.7% under invoice.

So on paper I am 'beating' Grupton but is it still the best deal one can get on a leftover 2020?
That's tough. If it happened to magically be the exact configuration I was looking for it would still be hard for me to justify saving only $1,400 vs. having one built right now. A year on the lot is not a little bit. Clear-coat is probably laden with iron & other contaminants. You figure it's been through a rough mitt wash at least 4 or 5 times. Aside from contamination, the clear-coat is probably in need of correction already (to bring it back to an actual new state). All black exterior plastics are surely dried out and starting to gray because they aren't going to be worried about UV. Who knows how many times it was ran hard and put away wet. Lastly, come resale time you'll absolutely lose that initial savings.

If the goal was to beat Gupton's pricing on a technically "new" vehicle, you've done it, but I don't know that it would be an actual win for you as the buyer.

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant

So on paper I am 'beating' Grupton but is it still the best deal one can get on a leftover 2020?
I found a 2020 Overland that had an MSRP of around $49700 and they’re willing to let it go for $42.5. Been sitting since July 2020. Has 75% of what I want but 25% of what I really don’t want. Still don’t think that’s a big enough discount for how old it is and how long it’s been sitting. I can get a 2021 Sport S built exactly how I want for $43ish. Can’t believe these dealers aren’t jumping at the chance to get rid of some 2020 Overlands

Sponsored

OP
OP

protons

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
Software Engineer
I found a 2020 Overland that had an MSRP of around $49700 and they’re willing to let it go for $42.5. Been sitting since July 2020. Has 75% of what I want but 25% of what I really don’t want. Still don’t think that’s a big enough discount for how old it is and how long it’s been sitting. I can get a 2021 Sport S built exactly how I want for $43ish. Can’t believe these dealers aren’t jumping at the chance to get rid of some 2020 Overlands
Things may have changed. I haven't reached out to Gupton yet, but with quarantine still in full swing at a lot of factories, weird shit going on with factories all over the world thanks to politics, and other factors like the ship stuck in the Panama Canal, I wouldn't be surprised if I called up Gupton and they said they aren't offering that deal anymore and/or takes 6-12 months to get your vehicle because the world is a bit chaotic right now.

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I went through the same garbage with a local salesman before ordering exactly what I wanted from Gupton. Even if the local guy had offered to match him, I still would have ordered from Daniel based on principle because he didn't play any of those bullshit games.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Things may have changed. I haven't reached out to Gupton yet, but with quarantine still in full swing at a lot of factories, weird shit going on with factories all over the world thanks to politics, and other factors like the ship stuck in the Panama Canal, I wouldn't be surprised if I called up Gupton and they said they aren't offering that deal anymore and/or takes 6-12 months to get your vehicle because the world is a bit chaotic right now.
He's absolutely still offering that deal. I ended up going another route, still saving 7% off MSRP, but my new order was placed 2/28 and the truck is confirmed arriving in the next few days. I'll have taken delivery of it less than 6 weeks from order.

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
I once had light tan leather in an X5. Once. Never again in any vehicle, let alone white, and definitely not something I'll take off-road. The blue in your jeans alone is enough to stain it.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
It's not a good deal, it's a screwing..... 110 miles and still on the lot? First thought is it was used as a daily driver for one of the dealers empoyees and second thought is it was a quick repo. Either way, I would be sure that it's actually not been registered beefore the dealer had to unwind the deal. And lastly..... White leather in a Jeep? in Oregon?.......
more like someone had to bring it back!

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
There is a dealer here selling a 2020 white Mojave, 110 miles, black hard top, almost fully loaded except for some minor mopar upgrades and the Selec-Trac Full-time 4WD for $56,998.

Extended Invoice 2020: $59,052
Extended MSRP 2020: $62820
Percent off MSRP: 9.27%
Percent off Invoice: 3.48%

Extended Invoice 2021: $60,345
Extended MSRP 2021: $64,195

Right of the bat, we can see that prices went up a bit for the same build in 2021. With that said, it's NOT a 2021 and been on the lot in cruddy Pacific Northwest weather for over a year. Further more, the leather is showing some serious abrasions and scuffs from people climbing in and out of it, and the back of the seats had dirty shoe prints.

Dealer says they "can't go lower" but from shopping and been on this forums for over a year, this seems like a cruddy percent off of Invoice for a 2020. Any thoughts? Is this actually a good deal?
Oregon as well. I’ve purchased from several Jeep dealers around the state over the years from Salem to Newport to a few in Portland to Island City.

In my experience, the best one for pricing, no BS, professionalism, really works on the old principle of a handshake and his word is Legacy Jeep.

My first purchase from them a few years ago was an an online advertised massive loss leader clearance year model. Well below invoice.

They didn’t know me, I didn’t know them, could have been a once and done in their eyes with little to no gain as it was a crazy amount off. A unit sale yes, a profit sale, even with factory kick backs, it’d be peanuts if that.

Yet, they treated me like gold, no dicking around on advertised price. It was all done online/on the phone.

AND, since I was traveling out of state during the buy, they were even there to deliver it to me at the airport (PDX) as I landed so I could then save several hours and drive directly home to the coast versus having to drive in the wrong direction to them. And, no extra charge for delivery!

Though they are on the other side of the state, I now only buy from them as a result of pricing and professionalism.

Legacy Jeep is owned by a Jeeper, just a nice guy. .

I was going between ordering a 2021 JTM and a 2021 JTR. He says, “Let’s order both for you to your specs and you decide when both are in.” So, I did! All done by phone.

I went with the JTM. It has the light gray interior. I’m tired of frying my ass on the black interior. Dogs, mud, people, jeans, beach sand, no issues. Wipe with a damp cloth if needed.

In regards to the agreed pricing below invoice during the orders, when the JTM arrived, the MSRP was higher as it was priced out to new 2021 pricing as of January.

The dealer could have said, “Sorry, MSRP went up at factory hands, so it’s going to be a grand or so more than we talked about.”

But, nope, he called and told me the JTM arrived and came in higher on the msrp due to January price increases from the factory so he called his rep and got it adjusted per our order pricing.

Sure enough, my window sticker shows about a grand higher due to the factory price increases yet I paid exactly what was talked about 2 months earlier.

So, you might give Legacy a call. Ask for Jared. When talking numbers, tell him you want to do it on a day Robert the owner is there.

You can say some guy in the forum got you to them. The guy who buys the hydro blue, Snazzberry and other crazy colors from them and lives on the Oregon Coast.
Sponsored