Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Every now and then I go on the Jeep Gladiator build site, just to see what's changed. This morning (at least that is the first time I saw it) they have added a new High Altitude model.

Link to builder: https://www.jeep.com/bmo.gladiator....ERC,DFT,DME,TTG,WRN,KL,SDE,UAQ,X9,PSC,24N,APA

Fewer color choices, different upholstery, 20" wheels, 8.4" radio standard, no soft top, auto trans only.

Correction - you can get soft top if you order dual top, apparently not by itself.
Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Color matched fenders, top, and bumpers.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It’s the “I’m the cool soccer mom” model. :CWL:

There’s already a whole thread about we’ve been discussing it for weeks...Maybe months. Search around in here, and you’ll find it.

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

There’s already a whole thread about we’ve been discussing it for weeks...Maybe months. Search around in here, and you’ll find it.
Not just that but it even cost more than the Rubicon model. Crazy! Go get it soccer mom's!

OP
OP
DreamedofaJeepSomeday

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
True, about the proposed High Altitude trim. My post is about it actually appearing on Jeep build site.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
$51K for that thing??? Y’all still thinking that they’re not gouging prices Just simply because they can? They are!

JTR, super-capable off-road 3/8-ton truck, D44’s, lockers, sway disco, 7K lbs tow rating, etc... But they keep the stupid V6? Come on, now you’re just being cheap & lazy! And if someone says “but...but...but... cooling...” Then why do the 6.4 Hemi swapped JT’s not have any cooling issues, and aftermarket companies can basically direct-drop a 6.4 crate motor into a JT with factory ECM integration and full-functionality, but Jeep’s design team isn’t smart enough to do It, and make it pass EPA regs? Dodge puts the Hemis in their 1500 trucks (used to put them in Dakotas, too, remember the R/T model?) and they pass EPA regs... Why can’t Jeep? Same company (FCA)...

OP
OP
DreamedofaJeepSomeday

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'm sorry, it what?

edit: WTF Jeep? A slightly upgraded Overland with body color everything, 20's, and quilted seats is $51k?!?
The High Altitude includes as standard equipment body-color HT, AT, 8.4, Active Safety, LED lighting, leather. So a more accurate comparison is $45,299 Overland vs. $46,393 High Altitude. (Employee pricing).

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
damnit jeep you should have stopped at the Mojave, this "High Altitude" is terrible. eliminate this to save on inventory management, production costs, configuration management, etc. and instead give the Mojave a better engine at a minimum, though would really like to see a better engine for all models....except high altitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
damnit jeep you should have stopped at the Mojave, this "High Altitude" is terrible. eliminate this to save on inventory management, production costs, configuration management, etc. and instead give the Mojave a better engine at a minimum, though would really like to see a better engine for all models....except high altitude
I'd say the Rubicon deserves a better engine that the Mojave... Just because of the rigors of low-end torque needed for towing and rock crawling... The Mojave just needs a small turbo or supercharger and it would be ok. The Rubicon really needs a 5.7 Hemi option, at minimum.

I will say this though, I love my JTR, but I REALLY wish they had put the SRT-style hood from the Mojave on the Rubicon...

Anybody comes across a nice new or mint-used Mojave hood in Granite Crystal Metallic for a REALLY good price, shoot me a PM. :like:

Sponsored

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
I'd say the Rubicon deserves a better engine that the Mojave... Just because of the rigors of low-end torque needed for towing and rock crawling... The Mojave just needs a small turbo or supercharger and it would be ok. The Rubicon really needs a 5.7 Hemi option, at minimum.

I will say this though, I love my JTR, but I REALLY wish they had put the SRT-style hood from the Mojave on the Rubicon...

Anybody comes across a nice new or mint-used Mojave hood in Granite Crystal Metallic for a REALLY good price, shoot me a PM. :like:
100% agree on needing low end torque!

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
$51K for that thing??? Y’all still thinking that they’re not gouging prices Just simply because they can? They are!

JTR, super-capable off-road 3/8-ton truck, D44’s, lockers, sway disco, 7K lbs tow rating, etc... But they keep the stupid V6? Come on, now you’re just being cheap & lazy! And if someone says “but...but...but... cooling...” Then why do the 6.4 Hemi swapped JT’s not have any cooling issues, and aftermarket companies can basically direct-drop a 6.4 crate motor into a JT with factory ECM integration and full-functionality, but Jeep’s design team isn’t smart enough to do It, and make it pass EPA regs? Dodge puts the Hemis in their 1500 trucks (used to put them in Dakotas, too, remember the R/T model?) and they pass EPA regs... Why can’t Jeep? Same company (FCA)...
It’s not about cooling, crash test are the reason they won’t drop a hemi in the Gladiator. In a front end collision the hemi would end up in the front seats because it takes nearly every inch of the engine bay to fit. Aftermarket swaps don’t require crash test.

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So the high altitude trim isn’t my thing, but the value isn’t off. Add all the features that come standard on this on an Overland and the overland comes in a couple hundred cheaper. You could make that up selling the stupid looking 20s. Comes standard with led package, proximity locks, safety group, body colored Hardtop and leather seats.
If you feel the value isn’t there for someone that wants those features plus the unique (ugly imo) body color bumpers and 20s, then you are saying all gladiators are overpriced, which may be the case but that’s a different argument.

OP
OP
DreamedofaJeepSomeday

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
So the high altitude trim isn’t my thing, but the value isn’t off. Add all the features that come standard on this on an Overland and the overland comes in a couple hundred cheaper. You could make that up selling the stupid looking 20s. Comes standard with led package, proximity locks, safety group, body colored Hardtop and leather seats.
If you feel the value isn’t there for someone that wants those features plus the unique (ugly imo) body color bumpers and 20s, then you are saying all gladiators are overpriced, which may be the case but that’s a different argument.
Correct about the pricing.
The High Altitude includes as standard equipment body-color HT, AT, 8.4, Active Safety, LED lighting, leather. So a more accurate comparison is $45,299 Overland vs. $46,393 High Altitude. (Employee pricing).

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Wouldn't that be the "High Attitude" version?:LOL:

Hey if Jeep sells enough of these, then we still get cooler versions. So all good.
Sponsored