First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Ecoboost, Lexus GX460, Chevy Bolt
I dont think WIX is all that good.

Jeep Gladiator New Oil Filter option for Diesel’s 1706554406983

Notice the Wix line isnt even on the graph? Yeah, thats because its that bad at actually filtering.

Its too bad that Fram doesnt make an Ultra filter because the Ultra's are by far the best filters available.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I dont think WIX is all that good.

Jeep Gladiator New Oil Filter option for Diesel’s 1706554406983

Notice the Wix line isnt even on the graph? Yeah, thats because its that bad at actually filtering.

Its too bad that Fram doesnt make an Ultra filter because the Ultra's are by far the best filters available.
Yeah, for whatever reason WIX XP Synthetic Media line of filters are generally rock catchers. I want to say they rate them 99% efficient at 35 microns instead of 20-25 microns other maker rate their premium filters. They value flow over efficiency, sorta like the K&N HP oil filter line of "High Performance" oil filters. Irony is their standard cellulose media line has better efficiency ratings.

I would caution to not swipe a broad brush as that data and chart was for a sample of one and not the filter in question here.

maSS-hole

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Ecoboost, Lexus GX460, Chevy Bolt
Yeah, for whatever reason WIX XP Synthetic Media line of filters are generally rock catchers. I want to say they rate them 99% efficient at 35 microns instead of 20-25 microns other maker rate their premium filters. They value flow over efficiency, sorta like the K&N HP oil filter line of "High Performance" oil filters. Irony is their standard cellulose media line has better efficiency ratings.

I would caution to not swipe a broad brush as that data and chart was for a sample of one and not the filter in question here.
i would agree somewhat, but im also guessing the filter media is the same across all filters of the same line.

The XP’s do flow well but the Fram ultras are really close while offering the best filtering.