Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone aware of an aftermarket inner fender liner that does not require a fender chop? I’m perfectly happy with my rubicon fenders, but would like fender liners that are easier to remove and replace, and provide better protection. Thanks.
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Most don't require a chop as far as I know. Artec for example let you keep them stock.

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Most don't require a chop as far as I know. Artec for example let you keep them stock.
Thanks. I guess all of them I’ve seen in person seem chopped, and look somewhat unfinished.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Crazy that you just posted this. I just got done replacing the factory fender lights with a LED ones, and I wanna set the OEM fender liners on fire. Those things are such a hassle to work with.

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I briefly glanced at the Artec liners. They look pretty nice. Do you have them on yours? Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Crazy that you just posted this. I just got done replacing the factory fender lights with a LED ones, and I wanna set the OEM fender liners on fire. Those things are such a hassle to work with.
I’m literally considering replacing them because I need to remove them to access some lighting wiring connectors. They look so horrible I’d rather just reinstall better ones.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Thanks. I guess all of them I’ve seen in person seem chopped, and look somewhat unfinished.
The issue is that the plastic liner goes to the edge of the rubi fenders. If you really want it to looked finished you'll probably have to artistically use a razor blade

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking at this since it is time to replace the ESS battery. They all look the same to me, with wildly varying prices for either aluminum or steel. The problem is they all only cover the lower area and leave the upper section exposed that is covered by the factory liner. The only option that is appealing to me is to cut off the lower section of the factory liner and install the metal ones over top of it. I'm not sure I want to do that much work. These are the ones I have been looking at:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KG1HPK6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_8?smid=A2A2NNQDISY08H&psc=1
I'm not really interested in the included lights. Those I probably would not even connect.

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking at this since it is time to replace the ESS battery. They all look the same to me, with wildly varying prices for either aluminum or steel. The problem is they all only cover the lower area and leave the upper section exposed that is covered by the factory liner. The only option that is appealing to me is to cut off the lower section of the factory liner and install the metal ones over top of it. I'm not sure I want to do that much work. These are the ones I have been looking at:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KG1HPK6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_8?smid=A2A2NNQDISY08H&psc=1
I'm not really interested in the included lights. Those I probably would not even connect.
This is my problem exactly. I don’t like the unfinished look under the flare. And my fenders and lights are fine. I’ll replace those when they get broken, if that happens.

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Those aren’t bad. Do you have any clearance issues when you stuff the tire into the fender?
Since installing I have not had an opportunity to get full up travel. I have a sense that OEM ride height and OEM wheels and tires will get some rub since the wheels are sucked in and higher in the wheel well. In my case, since I have a lift and less backspacing on my wheels, I think I'm fine.
Sponsored