First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I'll take your money. Because more people wanted the 4xe Wrangler than wanted the 392. Even here, you'll find more people interested in a 4xe Gladiator than a V8, it's just that the V8 crowd cries louder because they see the writing on the wall.

Also important to note that these things aren't mutually exclusive. You can want both.

DM me for my PayPal info.
I think what sucks- and I’m coming from turning wrenches and building various vehicles for enjoyment…… electric is “going” to be cool… Tesla swapped Polaris- badass!!! Tesla plaid really cool/fast car…..

The range, the longevity….. it’s just not there yet. Watch some of the videos of the f150 lightning being able to tow a small camper…. 70-80 miles….. that’s horrible.
Are we going to get there? Sure! Is it a weird transition?? Sure!
Until we can get the range, and more importantly until we can figure out what we are doing with the waste…. I don’t think it’s a viable option “for most…..(who reside outside of a metropolitan area….)”

Just to really stir the entire pot….. the hurricane motor looked cool…… but my money is on carbon build up issues and questionable longevity issues.
(I’m going to go hide now….)

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Just going by what I saw

Screenshot_20220920-003908_Chrome.jpg
Im not going to look anything else up- but i wasn’t on the same v8 page I was “assuming” your comment was on the 392 that Jeep offered with the wrangler (6.4L?? ) not the
🤷🏽‍♂️

alls good! Just another day on the interwebs!

I’m diesel bias through and through though. Gas motors are fine, just prefer the torque and efficiency of a diesel :)

OP
OP
Teqsand

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Im not going to look anything else up- but i wasn’t on the same v8 page I was “assuming” your comment was on the 392 that Jeep offered with the wrangler (6.4L?? ) not the
🤷🏽‍♂️

alls good! Just another day on the interwebs!

I’m diesel bias through and through though. Gas motors are fine, just prefer the torque and efficiency of a diesel :)
I'm all about the diesel, it's the best solution.... wife has a 21 JLURD and I (had) a 22 JTRD (Buyback) and have a 23 JTRD on order (gluten for punishment)... too bad the ecoWeenies got thier hooks in what would otherwise be an almost bulletproof motor.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Sure, they had a run of bad batteries, and use a size that is currently difficult to find, and shoehorned it into a tight spot so it's hard to change, but the current ESS system itself actually works fairly well.
Ok if you say so..... I would be more inclined to agree if you would have said "the current ESS system itself actually works fairly well, WHEN IT IS WORKING "... lol

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I'm all about the diesel, it's the best solution.... wife has a 21 JLURD and I (had) a 22 JTRD (Buyback) and have a 23 JTRD on order (gluten for punishment)... too bad the ecoWeenies got thier hooks in what would otherwise be an almost bulletproof motor.
Check out green diesel engineering. They have a “compliant” tune that “helps” egr pulling almost entirely post dpf is the big one for me…. The dpf and urea system….. I don’t agree with it but 🤷🏽‍♂️ For now it is what it is.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Simple, it has the power of a V8 with the around town gas mileage of the diesel even with the small batteries and extra weight. The extra weight really only impacts highway and you're talking about a 1mpg drop which is made up for by getting 1 really cheap gallon of gas. People seem to be missing the real selling point of the 4xe and that is it's performance which absolutely blows the doors off everything that isnt a 392.
This, my buddy bought a wrangler 4xe for his wife. The first 20 miles is electric then it runs in gas after that. She drive roughly 25 miles to work everyday and she's getting like 38 miles to the gallon out it. The power output is something as well. I've been looking around for a deal on one in my area. If I can find one for under $55,000 our BMW X5 would be gone

CFLgladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'm sorry did I miss something? Are we now being forced to trade in our ice trucks for an all electric (not yet produced) jeep tomorrow? Are we being forced to buy CFL lights as well?

Some of you sky is falling guys need to take a break from whatever fear mongering news websites you frequent.

I have 2 V8's and would be 3 if gladiator came with the 5.7. I have owned manual transmissions for about 30 years. Yet somehow I'm not enraged like others here.
In 20 years I'll still be able to buy whatever vehicle I want.
Oh and I don't know where some of you live, but I can still buy incandescent bulbs at local stores. PayPal me and I'll ship them to you since you can't get them

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have to keep my location hidden due to the large stash of incandescent bulbs in the closet that my parents brought with them when we moved here in the late nineties.

OP
OP
Teqsand

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
I'm sorry did I miss something? Are we now being forced to trade in our ice trucks for an all electric (not yet produced) jeep tomorrow? Are we being forced to buy CFL lights as well?

Some of you sky is falling guys need to take a break from whatever fear mongering news websites you frequent.

I have 2 V8's and would be 3 if gladiator came with the 5.7. I have owned manual transmissions for about 30 years. Yet somehow I'm not enraged like others here.
In 20 years I'll still be able to buy whatever vehicle I want.
Oh and I don't know where some of you live, but I can still buy incandescent bulbs at local stores. PayPal me and I'll ship them to you since you can't get them
At first I wasn't even going to dignify this post with a reply, but as I couldn't tell if it was based in ignorance of reality or just stark denial of it....

The point of the incandescent comment was that like the bulbs, BATT vehicles are being pushed too fast, we got dangerous CFL crap from push the bulb transition too fast....

Tomorrow? No, not tomorrow, but if you don't think it's coming then you're in denial... calif sets standards that sadly, because of market share, are forced kn others. It's going to happen, do I like it, Hell NO... I mean how damn boring is electric drag racing (if you've never experienced top fuel you won't understand) with the computers to control everything including propulsion, there will be no more back yard mechanics as it will be illegal to tamper with anything for "safety reasons"

But anyway

Screenshot_20220922_100255.jpg

Screenshot_20220922_100215.jpg

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
California might not allow you to do that...

OP
OP
Teqsand

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
I thought there is a push for states rights?
There is always a push for states rights and the 50 state experiment. Well, with some notable cerulean exceptions pushing back