No V8 JT

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Can we talk about urine from your favorite dinosaur species you use for oil?
Sorry, my Ted Talks are on dinosaur scat, not urine.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired CRO
Sorry, my Ted Talks are on dinosaur scat, not urine.
Dinosaur scat makes grease. So.......what's your favorite species to make grease then?

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Simple, it has the power of a V8 with the around town gas mileage of the diesel even with the small batteries and extra weight. The extra weight really only impacts highway and you're talking about a 1mpg drop which is made up for by getting 1 really cheap gallon of gas. People seem to be missing the real selling point of the 4xe and that is it's performance which absolutely blows the doors off everything that isnt a 392.
Performance.. lol... I understand the physics.. but I also understand JEEP can't even get the current dual battery system and our ESS working correctly and you want me to have faith in multiple batteries... no thank you sir !

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Performance.. lol... I understand the physics.. but I also understand JEEP can't even get the current dual battery system and our ESS working correctly and you want me to have faith in multiple batteries... no thank you sir !
Sure, they had a run of bad batteries, and use a size that is currently difficult to find, and shoehorned it into a tight spot so it's hard to change, but the current ESS system itself actually works fairly well.

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
I’ve commented in other v8 threads, but not this one. So, Jeep, if you’re reading this, I’d still like the option of a factory v8 in the JT, because I’m the consumer and that’s simply what I want. Sure, Jeep is on record saying that the wrangler wouldn’t get a v8 chiefly for the lack of crumple zones, but that tuned changed for some reason (fear of losing limelight due to the Bronco much?). …just saying!

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
So guys…. Come on….. if Jeep put a v8 in this toy, they would have to seal off the bed completely…. Would be way over the weight rating…. 🤣😂🍺
1663635447724.gif

OP
OP
Teqsand

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
So guys…. Come on….. if Jeep put a v8 in this toy, they would have to seal off the bed completely…. Would be way over the weight rating…. 🤣😂🍺
1663635447724.gif
Since the Ecodiesel (which is already available in the JT) weighs more than the Hemi, I'm not seeing your logic...

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Since the Ecodiesel (which is already available in the JT) weighs more than the Hemi, I'm not seeing your logic...
Sorry- my logic was humor.

Gen 2 ecodiesel motor weighed in at 485lbs….. couldn’t find a site listing the Gen 3 ecodiesel weight….(I’ll edit if I find it…)
https://dustrunnersauto.com/chrysler-3-0l-ecodiesel-everything-you-need-to-know/

Did find this thread with a hemi 392 hanging on a scale at 600+ lbs….
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/how-much-does-a-392-hemi-really-weigh.1204496/

6.4 @ 582#’s
https://www.onallcylinders.com/tag/engine-specs/

was Not trying to offend- just thought the weight rating of the truck was already bad enough……

would love to see any supporting information showing me that the ecodiesel weighs more than the 392. 🍺👍🏼 I’m ok with being wrong- my post was after all for humor…

OP
OP
Teqsand

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Sorry- my logic was humor.

Gen 2 ecodiesel motor weighed in at 485lbs….. couldn’t find a site listing the Gen 3 ecodiesel weight….(I’ll edit if I find it…)
https://dustrunnersauto.com/chrysler-3-0l-ecodiesel-everything-you-need-to-know/

Did find this thread with a hemi 392 hanging on a scale at 600+ lbs….
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/how-much-does-a-392-hemi-really-weigh.1204496/

6.4 @ 582#’s
https://www.onallcylinders.com/tag/engine-specs/

was Not trying to offend- just thought the weight rating of the truck was already bad enough……

would love to see any supporting information showing me that the ecodiesel weighs more than the 392. 🍺👍🏼 I’m ok with being wrong- my post was after all for humor…
Just going by what I saw

Screenshot_20220920-003908_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220920-003657_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220920-003313_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220920-003250_Chrome.jpg

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I was Automotive Press and YT video junkie tracking the Gladiator and it's reveal and launch in late 2018, early 2019 production deliveries. I recall the Jeep engineers and program managers at these press junkets being asked about a HEMI V8 and the spew out of there mouth was that there was not a business case for it as it would be a third frame redesign and the JT was modeled up with the 3.6L and 3.0 diesel from the get go. Crash protection was another concern.

Fast forward to the Wrangler JL getting the 392 shows it can be done but do they still have the business case for the JT aside from the rabid few who clamor for it here? I would bet money had the new Ford Bronco not even been in the works, the Wrangler 392 would have never came out.

Given Stellantis/FCA's drive to EV and the HEMI V8's being on it's "Swan Song" in current platforms, I think the window for any factory HEMI JT is behind us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Teqsand

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
aside from the rabid few who clamor for it here? .
I'd wager there more of those "rabid" around want the V8 than want the cowl charging port....

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I'd wager there more of those "rabid" around want the V8 than want the cowl charging port....
I'll take your money. Because more people wanted the 4xe Wrangler than wanted the 392. Even here, you'll find more people interested in a 4xe Gladiator than a V8, it's just that the V8 crowd cries louder because they see the writing on the wall.

Also important to note that these things aren't mutually exclusive. You can want both.

DM me for my PayPal info.