First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Data Scientist
Guys, I don't wave most of the time. I will instigate waves at gladiators because I rarely see them but everyone has a wrangler. Iam also a smidge anti-social so there's that. Dont take it personal.
Haha same, I also don't like the rejection of not getting a wave back

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
It must be regional. I live in northern indiana and nearly everyone waves.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I get a fair amount of waves in San Diego when driving around.

But that all seems to end when you are on the trails and encounter a group of guys in Jeeps that are well built. I was in the local mountains doing some easy trails and passed a group of guys out for a good day of 4 wheelin and they seemed to look at me like "look at this guy in his pretty new Gladiator"

Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of waves in my neck of the woods.

Wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2010 JKU
Live near Houston and get lots of waves . Went to Idaho last summer and no one waved just got crusty looks when I waved.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
I've noticed here in the piedmont NC area, I get about 35-40% of waves returned. Haven't been able to get a read on why the decline. See how things are after the weather warms and get naked this summer.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I just assume older jeep drivers are freezing without heated steering wheels in the -14 Wisconsin cold snap we're having.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
i'd say 90% of the time I get to a 4 way stop at the same time as somebody and nobody had a clear "got there first", i motion for the other car to go ahead of me.

Yesterday I got the WTF, two hands raised in the air from the passenger as they were apparently annoyed I was trying to be kind.......Some people are just rude. :surprised:

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
I tend to notice that modified Jeeps are more likely to wave back, and in the country I get more waves than in the city. And unfortunately my fellow ladies are less likely to return a wave than the guys. (Although when I do get a wave from a woman it’s usually far more enthusiastic :P, so there!)

Sometimes people are just distracted. I’ve decided not to get offended if I don’t get a wave in return. Hell, I know I’ve missed a few waves myself. We are supposed to focus on driving as the first priority right?

Chilli

First Name
Wolfgang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLADIATOR RUBICON
Occupation
RETIRED
Let's think about this a second......maybe single driving lady returning a wave might send a message not intended.....so she plays it safe & looks for see a lady in the jeep too.

Perhaps when Mr. Waver returns a wave to someone like our pretty grand daughter (who waves at cops too) & then Mrs Waver starts in w/ ''& just who the 7734 was that?''
Well I could see an issue where there really should not be one......but there is now.
Some wives just are now into the ''jeep thing'' as most of the husbands.

But living in Jax, Florida & the area, there seems to be no shortage of smiles w/ the fingers ups.

Or maybe I'm just so good looking. . . . . . or lucky
Sponsored