Sponsored

Not complaining, but auto start/stop has never been 'on' in my new 2023 gladiator

MeiMei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
I had this issue. I didn’t care about start stop, but my battery voltage was low (100 miles on new 23). I took it to the shop and it turned out to be the clutch interlock switch. Definitely get it looked at.
Sponsored

Wildtoad

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Occupation
Retired, former mainframe computer bit twiddler
If like mine, the dongle may be hidden in the dash by the steering wheel.

Check your OBD2 port you either have a taser or one of the auto start stop Eliminator dongles

Gee

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Company Director
Had the same issue with mine. Had been on dealer lot for 7 months. They assured me that it would start working once aux battery was fully charged. I drive every day. It took about 8 days and then it started working. Has been absolutely fine ever since. (18 months and 46,000 kilometers.)

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BMW IX Electric, '23 Diesel Gladiator
Occupation
Live on welfare.
Hmmm... no issues on my week old '23 oil burner. It comes on in the dashboard as well (that "A" icon lights up). I just drove today to get my halogen bulbs replaced at a local Jeep shop and the auto start kicked in several times (according to the dashboard icon).

Sponsored

hychenj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Same thing happened to mine, it would read Not ready on the dash. The dealer had to replace the hood plunger as it was showing to much voltage.

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Theres many situations that will cause it not to work like not pushing the brake pedal far enough, the steering wheel is turned too far, the heat or a/c is working too hard, ETC. If you sit at a light in neutral without the clutch being pushed in might be one of those. IDK

Mine works 75% of the time but I had issues with it and the main issue was the AUX battery not being charged enough and I was listening to the radio while eating lunch in my JTR at work without the engine running which kept the batteries from being charged enough

MK_WVa

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Admin Support
The auto start on the manuals is perfect. It only engages (if all other conditions are met, I.e. temperature & other factors) The driver comes to a stop, moves shifter to neutral & releases the clutch. I’ve never touched the ASS button, as it only engages when I want it to. It’s absolutely flawless.

Throwback

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
It is a different thing on a manual. I had that feature on my Ranger and I always had to disengage it it was always shutting off at every stop sign. As the post above says, with the manual you have to have it configured to work.

Even turning the wheel a bit keeps it from engaging.

Mine wasn't working initially -- or at least I thought not -- until I really paid attention to it. The truck has to be warmed up, the gear shift in neutral, the clutch all the way out etc. Even then it stays off for a few minutes then starts again.

MeiMei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Yup, if you got one of the "been sitting on dealer lot for a year" JT's on a heavy discount, then the batteries need charged.

Best way to do it is separate the battery cables and charge them independently. Also there is a big black box on the negative side of main battery, make sure you get both cables off of that for the charge.
Yep. My dealer even charged it monthly and it still caused issues not being driven. Vehicles are like the human body. If you don’t use it, it falls apart.
Sponsored