Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Just installed my Mac's rails as well. A couple of notes on the photos below:

- The rails are raw cut - I spent 10 mins max smoothing out the edges and deburring. No big deal. If Mac's did that work it would probably affect their price so not worth it to me. And some may not care. That's fine too but for me an extra couple of minutes to smooth out the rough edges was worth the time.
- Install was a piece of cake - everything lined up perfectly!!! I used some orange thread locker. everything lined up perfectly.
- Supplied hardware was perfect. The machine screws/bolts supplied by Mac's were 1 inch long - wish I could have purchased a bunch from US Cargo Control (sorry - didn't know about Mac's until recently) for use when installing the aircraft track on my Ace Upper Decker - had to use their 1.5 inch machine screws/bolts and cut them off. See my note below on the Ace Upper Decker.
- Cargo rings (silver) came from Macs. The blue cargo ring was something I bought generic from amazon. Generic ones worked perfectly on Mac's rails so I am very happy and expect all my other hardware to work too.
- Regarding the extra hardware you see in my bed (pneumatic struts and angle aluminum near the tail gate, plus the holes in the bed behind the cab) - all of that is for an Ace Upper Decker that I installed then improved. I have to re-do the spacing on the hinges and the crap you see around the area where the three sets of hinges used to be is just silicone. None of this will make any sense to you but I did make a video showing my work on the Ace Upper Decker - see all the way down. Not relevant for this thread but didn't want anyone to be confused about.

Anyway - Mac's rails are perfect and have already been put to use holding cargo netting for about 1.5 yards of mulch piled high - perfect! I am a happy customer!

Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs 20210904_131710
Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs 20210904_131718
Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs 20210904_131754
Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs 20210904_132101
Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs 20210904_134204
Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs 20210904_134211
Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs 20210904_134219
Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs 20210904_134230

And - an explanation of my Ace Upper Decker - info about hinges from before I put on the Mac's Rails at 1:30ish

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mac's Tie Downs

Mac's Tie Downs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Just installed my Mac's rails as well. A couple of notes on the photos below:

- The rails are raw cut - I spent 10 mins max smoothing out the edges and deburring. No big deal. If Mac's did that work it would probably affect their price so not worth it to me. And some may not care. That's fine too but for me an extra couple of minutes to smooth out the rough edges was worth the time.
- Install was a piece of cake - everything lined up perfectly!!! I used some orange thread locker. everything lined up perfectly.
- Supplied hardware was perfect. The machine screws/bolts supplied by Mac's were 1 inch long - wish I could have purchased a bunch from US Cargo Control (sorry - didn't know about Mac's until recently) for use when installing the aircraft track on my Ace Upper Decker - had to use their 1.5 inch machine screws/bolts and cut them off. See my note below on the Ace Upper Decker.
- Cargo rings (silver) came from Macs. The blue cargo ring was something I bought generic from amazon. Generic ones worked perfectly on Mac's rails so I am very happy and expect all my other hardware to work too.
- Regarding the extra hardware you see in my bed (pneumatic struts and angle aluminum near the tail gate, plus the holes in the bed behind the cab) - all of that is for an Ace Upper Decker that I installed then improved. I have to re-do the spacing on the hinges and the crap you see around the area where the three sets of hinges used to be is just silicone. None of this will make any sense to you but I did make a video showing my work on the Ace Upper Decker - see all the way down. Not relevant for this thread but didn't want anyone to be confused about.

Anyway - Mac's rails are perfect and have already been put to use holding cargo netting for about 1.5 yards of mulch piled high - perfect! I am a happy customer!

Jeep Gladiator Now Available! Gladiator Bed Track Kit - by Mac's Tie Downs 20210904_134230

And - an explanation of my Ace Upper Decker - info about hinges from before I put on the Mac's Rails at 1:30ish

Thank you for the feedback. We sell the L-track arrowheads as well: https://macs.link/3DVAPa9

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Do these work with 3 fold hard covers? I have the BAKFLIP if the brand matters

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
Do these work with 3 fold hard covers? I have the BAKFLIP if the brand matters
Shouldn't be a problem. I have them with the factory 3-fold hard cover, and also JCR's molle panel on the cab end of the bed.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.