***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Anyone lift their Mojave with the AEV 2” and tried to put 35’s with mopar rims? My dealer told me they will rub and mopar rims do that because of the offset. He recommended black rhino
Don't understand why he would say that. The Mopar wheels have a 12mm offset, and the backside of the rim sits about 1/2" farther outboard on the truck than the stock Mojave wheel which is already farther outboard than any other stock jeep wheel.

I just put a set of the Mopar Offroad wheels (PN: 77072494AB) on my Mojave with stock suspension, & went with 285/75R/17's which are 33.8" dia. & 11.3" inflated O.A. width.

With front wheels cranked at full lock both directions there is tons clearance, and could easily fit a full 35" dia. and or 12"-13" width tire.
If you are planning on a 2" lift, you should have no problems at all.

If you like, I can try to take some pictures of the clearance & post them for you.
Sponsored

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Don't understand why he would say that. The Mopar wheels have a 12mm offset, and the backside of the rim sits about 1/2" farther outboard on the truck than the stock Mojave wheel which is already farther outboard than any other stock jeep wheel.

I just put a set of the Mopar Offroad wheels (PN: 77072494AB) on my Mojave with stock suspension, & went with 285/75R/17's which are 33.8" dia. & 11.3" inflated O.A. width.

With front wheels cranked at full lock both directions there is tons clearance, and could easily fit a full 35" dia. and or 12"-13" width tire.

If you like, I can try to take some pictures of the clearance & post them for you.
I think he may be saying that with a 12.5 wide tire on a 7.5 rim. The bulge may come in contact with the spring tower ? Just my 2 cents.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I think he may be saying that with a 12.5 wide tire on a 7.5 rim. The bulge may come in contact with the spring tower ? Just my 2 cents.
I may not have read it the way he intended. Thought when he said Mopar wheel he was talking about the Mopar accessory wheel, not the factory stock Mojave wheel.

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray

Yes, please post pics, I'm considering the same setup. I like the Mopar Offroad wheels, underrated in my opinion.

Johnnyboy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Mojave 2020

That would be awesome so i can show him. I also don't understand why im reaching out to you guys. He said ill have to add spacers which they wont do at the dealership. The wheels im looking to get are:
Part Number: 77072471AB
Parts Description: 17 x 8.5" x 12mm offset Jeep® Performance Parts unique aluminum gear wheel is off-road capable. Wheel has a 1,950-lb. load rating, a 5 x 5" bolt p...

Sponsored

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
That would be awesome so i can show him. I also don't understand why im reaching out to you guys. He said ill have to add spacers which they wont do at the dealership. The wheels im looking to get are:
Parts Description: 17 x 8.5" x 12mm offset Jeep® Performance Parts unique aluminum gear wheel is off-road capable. Wheel has a 1,950-lb. load rating, a 5 x 5" bolt p...
On an 8.5 inch rim, I would think you would be fine, but not sure. I’m going with 0 offset once Method gets them back in stock.

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Wonder if you guys would knock off my Mojave tribute decal on my Sport? 😆

My daughter bought them for me so I put them on....
nooooooo. its a wrangler violation. same as putting a Rubicon decal on a base Sport.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
Here is a 17x8.5 with 12mm offset wheel. Tire is 35x12.5x17 No problem!

Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves New Wheels frt qtr panel

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
The Mopar Gear Wheel (77072471AB) you are looking at shares the exact same dimensions as the Mopar Offroad Wheel (77072494AB) pictured here on my stock height 2021 Mojave. The only difference between the two wheels is the styling of the spokes.

As you will see in these pictures, there is absolutely no reason to add any spacers to mount these wheels even with a 35" tire.

The first two pics show the wheel in the straight ahead position. As you can see, the spring tower is a long way from the inner sidewall of the tire, so is no clearance issue
at all.

Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves P101.JPG
Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves P102.JPG

The next three show the clearances at the front of the tire with the wheel turned all the way to the right.

Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves P103.JPG
Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves P104.JPG
Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves P105.JPG

And the last three show the clearances at the rear of the tire with the wheel turned all the way to the left.

Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves P106.JPG
Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves P107.JPG
Jeep Gladiator ***Official Mojave Thread*** Lets talk Mojaves P108.JPG

Again, these pictures show the Mopar wheels with Toyo 285/75R/17 Open Country A/T3 tires mounted & measure 33.8" dia./11.3" max width inflated.

If you go with a 35X12.5X17 tire having a 34.5" dia. and 12.5" width, the clearances shown in these pix will only be reduced by approx. 3/8" for the diameter, and approx. 5/8" in the width.

Even if you go to a 315/70R/17 which has a 34.4" dia. & width of 12.7", the diameter will be reduced by just under 3/8", & width would only be reduced by approx. 3/4".

For a full side view of the truck with these wheels, check out post #477 on page 32 of this thread.

Hope some of this is a help.

Dave

Johnnyboy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Mojave 2020
The Mopar Gear Wheel (77072471AB) you are looking at shares the exact same dimensions as the Mopar Offroad Wheel (77072494AB) pictured here on my stock height 2021 Mojave. The only difference between the two wheels is the styling of the spokes.

As you will see in these pictures, there is absolutely no reason to add any spacers to mount these wheels even with a 35" tire.

The first two pics show the wheel in the straight ahead position. As you can see, the spring tower is a long way from the inner sidewall of the tire, so is no clearance issue
at all.

The next three show the clearances at the front of the tire with the wheel turned all the way to the right.

And the last three show the clearances at the rear of the tire with the wheel turned all the way to the left.

Again, these pictures show the Mopar wheels with Toyo 285/75R/17 Open Country A/T3 tires mounted & measure 33.8" dia./11.3" max width inflated.

If you go with a 35X12.5X17 tire having a 34.5" dia. and 12.5" width, the clearances shown in these pix will only be reduced by approx. 3/8" for the diameter, and approx. 5/8" in the width.

Even if you go to a 315/70R/17 which has a 34.4" dia. & width of 12.7", the diameter will be reduced by just under 3/8", & width would only be reduced by approx. 3/4".

For a full side view of the truck with these wheels, check out post #477 on page 32 of this thread.

Hope some of this is a help.

Dave
Thank you this is very helpful. Ill let him know what ive found.

Sponsored

We are in trouble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Off Road Plus button question. Is there any difference between the Rubi and Mojave or do they perform the same?
I thought it was a gimmick....Until I pushed the button. My passengers now wear seatbelts. lol.
Sponsored