www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Dual door group??? Interesting. Maybe I just get it over with ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Yeah, I've been dreaming of that option for a few years, so I couldn't resist. It's not a cheap one, but with 2 Jeeps, I figure they'll get plenty of use.
Sponsored

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
No markup and the guy is my cousin, I will leave my insider information to myself. Typical forum troll know all know nothing.
Well, that's nice that you're cousin in hooking you up. No intent of being a troll.

Manufacturers allocate high demand vehicles based on incentives. For example, if a dealer wants more than the typical allotment of V8 Wranglers, they must move a specific number of vehicles which are hard to sell. Also, if they meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales metrics, they again get more examples of popular vehicles.

So, it may be true that your cousin's dealer will be allotted only three V8 Wranglers. But that doesn't mean V8 Wranglers will be limited production. It means V8 Wranglers will go mostly to dealers that make FCA happy.

Sponsored

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Well, that's nice that you're cousin in hooking you up. No intent of being a troll.

Manufacturers allocate high demand vehicles based on incentives. For example, if a dealer wants more than the typical allotment of V8 Wranglers, they must move a specific number of vehicles which are hard to sell. Also, if they meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales metrics, they again get more examples of popular vehicles.

So, it may be true that your cousin's dealer will be allotted only three V8 Wranglers. But that doesn't mean V8 Wranglers will be limited production. It means V8 Wranglers will go mostly to dealers that make FCA happy.
Agreed. My guy is the GM at his dealership and he can't confirm whether or not this is a limited edition run. He said there's already mention of '22 allotments in FCA systems, so that may mean they're going to produce them at least through '22 or it may not. We all know FCA communication with their dealers is terrible, which has been shown most recently in the launches of the JT and the TRX. They really don't know any more than we do.

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
6.4 is the 392. In the Challenger it 485 HP and 475 LB. To get the 392 wet they had to decrease output of HP and torque.
Yeah - thanks. I've got it sorted now:
6.4 (but not typically referred to as a "392") in the Ram 2500/3500: 410 HP / 429 lb-ft
6.4 ("392") SRT in the Jeep JL: 470 HP / 470 lb-ft
6.4 ("392") SRT in the Challenger: 485 HP / 475 lb-ft

Last edited:

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Question. Is this look possible on the production model? Is this the roll. Up top? Get side panels out?

Screenshot_20201120-144236__01__01.jpg

Reactions: Mac

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Question. Is this look possible on the production model? Is this the roll. Up top? Get side panels out?

Jeep Gladiator Official Reveal: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 Hemi Screenshot_20201120-144236__01__01
Yes. That's the Sky 1-touch top and half doors. The red interior isn't an option though, at least not yet.

Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Great Stones song. I had a Challenger Scat Pack and if I mashed the pedal I got 4 mpg. On the highway with cylinder deactivation I got 26 mpg.
Scat Pack....once again, more marketing people not thinking things thru.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
How difficult is it to take off the sky 1 touch thingy? Not sure I would get that personally (not knocking yours, you enjoy what you want).

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
How difficult is it to take off the sky 1 touch thingy? Not sure I would get that personally (not knocking yours, you enjoy what you want).
The kids didn't like the soft top in open or riding without a top unfortunately so something like this seems like a good compromise. Still debating if I should trade the JT or just once in my life be patient until they come with a 392 JT

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Can you take the sky touch roof off?
Have to say the JLU with that roof and half doors is one of the best looking Jeeps ever.

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
Can you take the sky touch roof off?
Have to say the JLU with that roof and half doors is one of the best looking Jeeps ever.
Can you, yes, but no not really, all kinds of alignment issues will happen...but it opens so far that you donโ€™t notice the top at all...itโ€™s pretty awesome honestly, but my hesitation with it is the reliability etc.
Sponsored

Reactions: Mac