First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I wouldn't buy anything from Eddie either. I think he is a snake in the grass and wouldn't trust much he says unless I confirm elsewhere. This is just my personal opinion of the guy and he hasn't done anything to me directly. I see how he treats others and have read some horrible things he has said and done to others. I would definitely not support anything he has to do with.
Well you hit on about 90% of it. He pulled all those same things back in the day when owned JK forum. Several of us didn't bow down to him and we just got deleted. Not banned. Completely deleted. I posted hundreds of how toos and tech info. One day I asked a question about the new teraflex rocksliders. Bam deleted. Then when I went and looked for it all my threads were gone. Excpet some with just tech info. He changed those too make it look like he posted them.
But thats gone now too since he sold it to a forums group. Add to that all the other koolaid drinking stuff you mentioned and he's one of the view people in the Jeep world I won't deal with. Shit I won't even watch his videos. Makes me sick him seeing a nickel of ad revenue off me.
That's too bad. I enjoyed watching his offroad trips and is probably what really got me digging around on YouTube to watch other channels. After reading some threads with a quick Google search, I'm honestly blown away. I've been watching his videos for years. Glad I've been given a different perspective; I can't support that.

This thread in particular set me off.

https://[Banned Site]/showthread.php/51755-No-need-to-ban-me-I-ll-see-myself-out

Cliff notes:
Dude got obliterated by the members for mentioning brands and "competitor's" forums. Admins ended up blocking him, changing his name from "Bquay20" to "BeQueer20", changing his avatar to a guy wearing a dildo, and Eddie finishing the attacking with "Don't let the door hit you in the ass as you leave." Original poster literally came in providing some advice on what size lift and all to use as a novice Jeeper and got destroyed because he used brands that didn't sponsor [Banned Site] and mentioned that he got advice from a different forum. HOLE. LEE. SHIT.

Anyway, sorry to go off on a tangent @Oscar Indy , I'm just blindsided.

EDIT: LOL the forum automatically changes the name to [Banned Site]. That's hilarious.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Oscar Indy

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
That's too bad. I enjoyed watching his offroad trips and is probably what really got me digging around on YouTube to watch other channels. After reading some threads with a quick Google search, I'm honestly blown away. I've been watching his videos for years. Glad I've been given a different perspective; I can't support that.

This thread in particular set me off.

https://[Banned Site]/showthread.php/51755-No-need-to-ban-me-I-ll-see-myself-out

Cliff notes:
Dude got obliterated by the members for mentioning brands and "competitor's" forums. Admins ended up blocking him, changing his name from "Bquay20" to "BeQueer20", changing his avatar to a guy wearing a dildo, and Eddie finishing the attacking with "Don't let the door hit you in the ass as you leave." Original poster literally came in providing some advice on what size lift and all to use as a novice Jeeper and got destroyed because he used brands that didn't sponsor [Banned Site] and mentioned that he got advice from a different forum. HOLE. LEE. SHIT.

Anyway, sorry to go off on a tangent @Oscar Indy , I'm just blindsided.

EDIT: LOL the forum automatically changes the name to [Banned Site]. That's hilarious.
i always wondered what the "banned site" was about.....didn't know he was a dumpster fire......

Anyways, @Oscar Indy, when are you getting the walls for the canopy?

OP
OP
Oscar Indy

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
i always wondered what the "banned site" was about.....didn't know he was a dumpster fire......

Anyways, @Oscar Indy, when are you getting the walls for the canopy?
No idea. Gonna get the new tent first.
We don't need the walls. Come summer maybe to create more shade.

OP
OP
Oscar Indy

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
IMG_20200110_185236_194.jpg

So weird having the topper off.
The Jeep is headed for a spray in liner since BedRug can't fill their orders in a reasonable time. So while it's off I gave the top a good cleaning and fresh coat of paint where I didn't do a great job while it was on the truck.

Super weird driving this without the top tho.
Soon as KOH is over I'm gonna get my hoist setup to pull it, tent and awning off as one piece so I can do truck stuff when needed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Oscar Indy

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I was parked backward on the scale and standing partially on the steer axle plate to reach the intercom so flip the axles and add 240 to the front.

Little over GVWR but still under the max weight for each axle. Between Springs, and regearing it runs great. I'll upgrade the brakes as soon as hawk has parts for the JT.

IMG_20191229_014155.jpg

This was all 4 of the family and all our trip gear.

OP
OP
Oscar Indy

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR

WillMiller87

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I‘ll be picking my stingray grey rubi in the next couple week. I thought I had it all figured out, 2” Mopar lift on 35’s, until one night I stumbled upon your channel and the walk around video. My pants got tighter all of the sudden, must have eaten a big dinner or something, but I digress.

My question to you is, in your professional opinion, will 37’s fit on a 2” lift or am I going to need that extra .5”?

OP
OP
Oscar Indy

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I‘ll be picking my stingray grey rubi in the next couple week. I thought I had it all figured out, 2” Mopar lift on 35’s, until one night I stumbled upon your channel and the walk around video. My pants got tighter all of the sudden, must have eaten a big dinner or something, but I digress.

My question to you is, in your professional opinion, will 37’s fit on a 2” lift or am I going to need that extra .5”?
Honestly first boner comment or post I've got. Honestly shocked it took so long considering my friends.
So the Mopar 2 will get you about 2.5 and that depends on bumper options and whinch option you'll get if you keep the 2.5
I actually ended up with 3.2 up front with winch and bumper. I think the 2in Mopar is enough but I'm not sold on it at all. I think it's way to much money for what it is.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Oscar Indy

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
So my Garmin InReach does share its gps with the iPad.... but it isn’t 100% and only does 1hz updates.

I ordered a dual SkyPro 10 hz much cleaner.
over kill for just Off-roading but.... I’ll get more use out of it in races

1E7D6DEC-1DB4-4925-9CB3-E6D134354131.jpeg

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
So my Garmin InReach does share its gps with the iPad.... but it isn’t 100% and only does 1hz updates.

I ordered a dual SkyPro 10 hz much cleaner.
over kill for just Off-roading but.... I’ll get more use out of it in races

1E7D6DEC-1DB4-4925-9CB3-E6D134354131.jpeg
I'm sorry...(hey, I’m also Canadian; sorry)...can you elaborate what you are saying? You were using the gps of the InReach for the iPad app? Doesn’t the iPad (well, the cellular version at least) have built in gps? Or is that why you got the SkyPro?

OP
OP
Oscar Indy

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I'm sorry...(hey, I’m also Canadian; sorry)...can you elaborate what you are saying? You were using the gps of the InReach for the iPad app? Doesn’t the iPad (well, the cellular version at least) have built in gps? Or is that why you got the SkyPro?
My iPad is a WiFi model so no GPS chip.
The inreach will share it's location with the iPad but it is about as fast as the wifi models internal chip (which I don't have) to combat this I ordered the skypros 160. It has a 10 times per second update. Not an issue if one or two doesn't push thru. This normally isn't an issue for most but I also need mine for racing and if a 2 second lag occurs at speed I can miss a turn or even worse an audio update of a danger. So the 10hz unit seemed like the best choice.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
My iPad is a WiFi model so no GPS chip.
The inreach will share it's location with the iPad but it is about as fast as the wifi models internal chip (which I don't have) to combat this I ordered the skypros 160. It has a 10 times per second update. Not an issue if one or two doesn't push thru. This normally isn't an issue for most but I also need mine for racing and if a 2 second lag occurs at speed I can miss a turn or even worse an audio update of a danger. So the 10hz unit seemed like the best choice.
Ah, gotcha. I hadn't heard of the Skypro before; I'd considered the Bad Elf version when I was using my old wifi iPad.

Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
Oscar Indy

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Ah, gotcha. I hadn't heard of the Skypro before; I'd considered the Bad Elf version when I was using my old wifi iPad.

Thanks for the info!
It's the most popular one currently in the ultra 4 off-road series. Mob armor and lead nav both make enclosures for it.
Sponsored