Daddiator54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Freedom
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Also, contrary to the reddit comments, this isn’t a “jeep move”. Those redditors should accurately say this is a “floridian move” because I and probably many other Floridians would have made that u-turn in any other vehicle. Not just a Jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jefe1018

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I'm a motorcyclists and in this instance the motorcyclists is in the wrong.

Listen to the video. What do you hear happening first. Oh, the motorcyclists revving the engine. Meaning pulling in the clutch (disengaging gear) and hitting the throttle as a way to alert the driver 'hey I'm here don't you see me'.

If the cyclist had time to 'see' what was happening ahead (they did), instead of revving the engine, that was the time to hit the brakes. There was PLENTY of time to react to this situation. At no time was the motorcyclist in immediate danger. No skid, and they stopped in time using a VERY basic swerve maneuver. Trust me the bike, which brakes in half the distance of a car, could have safely come to a complete stop with no issue. I feel the biker did what they did more for dramatic effect sadly to say.

As a biker it Is YOUR responsibility to drive defensively and assume others on the road do not see you.
It’s one of those two wrongs type of thing. JT shouldn’t have cut across all those lanes knowing he’d end up blocking the street and the biker further escalated the situation.

Gatorjeep2021

First Name
raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator HA
Occupation
Manager
HA HA...well idots in cars have no brand, yes the driver should never pull out unless the way is clear, as a rider of a Ninja 650 , I/ he could have and we do I admit go around cars all the time to our benefit so the biker could have easily gone around the "idiot "

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Obviously not one of the fine upstanding members of this forum :) If the Gladiator had a better turning radius, he would have made it :D

As with a lot of those "Idiot in cars" videos- the guy behind the camera shares quite a bit of blame. The blue car beside the biker figured out what was happening and slowed down, the biker decided to rev his engine and keep his speed up. I'm not sure what he expected the Jeep to do? If he could even hear the engine rev (which I doubt) he was already comitited to the lane. Did he expect the Jeep to stop and back up again?

People in all sorts of vehicles do dumb things all the time, it's up to you to expect/anticipate it and save your own skin. Banging on the back of someones car might feel good in the short term, but it's more likely to be answered with aggression than a "sorry"

Sponsored

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
Bikers are used to the abuse and should expect it.
Both wrong.
Why couldn’t the bike just ‘jump’ over the Glad?🙃

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
I disagree having been on a motorcycle from 14 to now 63 the driver of the Jeep was wrong to do a u turn because he could not safely get in the lane he wanted to be in and ended up blocking the road ! Yes my fellow FZ09 man could have been a lot tamer but it what it is ! Us riders have to look out for Dick Heads like this every day when we ride !

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Both are in the wrong. Glad driver for blocking the lane. The motorcyclist for man-handling the tailgate.

The motorcyclist, although annoyed, could have easily stopped before hitting the Glad (just as he did). He was 100% wrong when he touched someone's property.
The car adjacent to the motorcyclist was even able to stop in his lane without issue.

And yes, I rode crotch rockets for years. And, had my share of close calls. So, I'm not favoring the Glad driver.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
I have been riding 50+ years and did 12 as an MSF Instructor. The M/C rider is, IMO, mostly at fault. The other guy made a not wise move but that is life. I will say that it is riders like that who give the rest of us a bad rep. (P.S.--I ride sportbikes and cafe racers so I know the MO)

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
Probably not right and I’m old enough to know better but If someone’s beating on the side of my truck, I’m throwing hands.

Sponsored

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
I have been riding 50+ years and did 12 as an MSF Instructor. The M/C rider is, IMO, mostly at fault. The other guy made a not wise move but that is life. I will say that it is riders like that who give the rest of us a bad rep. (P.S.--I ride sportbikes and cafe racers so I know the MO)
Yep pretty much my take.
Sponsored