Sponsored

One Little thing I'd Change...small detail, Gas Cover!

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
So after a week with the JTR, loving it, but one thing I noticed since I have had to fill it up for the first time since purchase, is the Gas Cover/Lid....anyone else think it'd look better, dare I say Jeepier, if it was similar to the JLUR one?!?! It almost looks too much like a "regular" truck gas cover...I know it's small, but I like rugged looking things and it just is "too clean".....now back to our regularly scheduled program.....

Alien 15.jpg
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
So after a week with the JTR, loving it, but one thing I noticed since I have had to fill it up for the first time since purchase, is the Gas Cover/Lid....anyone else think it'd look better, dare I say Jeepier, if it was similar to the JLUR one?!?! It almost looks too much like a "regular" truck gas cover...I know it's small, but I like rugged looking things and it just is "too clean".....now back to our regularly scheduled program.....

Alien 15.jpg
I don't really have an opinion on that, but it seems like it oughtta lock, no? I also wonder if it's a lil longer horizontally so they can add a DEF filler (soon?).

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
As long as the tank fills properly and doesn't constantly cut the pump off like the RAM truck I rented recently...drove me up the wall no amount of fill neck or fuel flow adjustment allowed it to fill properly.

41Willys

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '16 Kia Sorrento, '07 Toyota Tundra

Alien 15.jpg
There is something to be said for that. Like the steel wheels on the FJ40 or the hollowed out door handles on the Defender 90. Quasi military. I dig it.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
If this is all we have to complain about on JT then I think we are all going to be pretty happy campers. I am quite sure that it will not take long for aftermarket products to start showing up to beef up and define that gas filler door. Good thing about America (and it really is a good thing) is that if someone can make a buck or two off of something then they will build and sell it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, so who ever creates a "Butchier" gas cover, put me first on the list!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
If this is all we have to complain about on JT then I think we are all going to be pretty happy campers. I am quite sure that it will not take long for aftermarket products to start showing up to beef up and define that gas filler door. Good thing about America (and it really is a good thing) is that if someone can make a buck or two off of something then they will build and sell it.
Just Line-X the gas door when you do your fenders!

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Alien 15.jpg
Proof.

It's longer, for the DEF filler...

Jeep Gladiator Diesel.jpg

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
7932E89F-0FD4-4FEC-A523-FBC72F9B225B.jpeg
Proof.

It's longer, for the DEF filler...

Jeep Gladiator Diesel.jpg
First time I have seen this particular black and white Gladiator. And I can’t help but notice the missing gas cap cover. But what’s even more interesting is that it looks like 2 caps inside there, a green one on the left and a smaller blue one on the right. Was this some prototype truck from a long time ago? Love to know what you folks know about this one. Oh and who is getting this paint job?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
7932E89F-0FD4-4FEC-A523-FBC72F9B225B.jpeg

First time I have seen this particular black and white Gladiator. And I can’t help but notice the missing gas cap cover. But what’s even more interesting is that it looks like 2 caps inside there, a green one on the left and a smaller blue one on the right. Was this some prototype truck from a long time ago? Love to know what you folks know about this one. Oh and who is getting this paint job?
The green cap is for diesel, the smaller blue cap is the DEF tank filler. This is a recent prototype with the Ecodiesel.

DEF = Diesel Emissions Fluid. It helps scrub NOX out of the exhaust.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Gotcha. Thanks. For a second there I thought it was strange looking bird that I was looking at.
Sponsored