Sponsored

Outside Naked Overnight

It's a long summer night with no rain in sight would you leave your Jeep exposed overnight?

• Total voters

irrelevantgoals

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
What do you guys think about leaving your Jeep open at night doors off no top?
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
What do you guys think about leaving your Jeep open at night doors off no top?
Might have dew or tree debris inside come morning. Maybe a woodland critter finds a new home... What are your concerns?

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I do it all the time. I have a hard top, and I'm not going to be putting it on at night and taking it off in the morning. It's heavy. I only take it off when there are several rain free days ahead.

Last edited:

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
My YJ stays naked May-Nov. I've left the hardtop off for a week at a time with my JTR. Freedom panels for weeks, especially with the JTops on now. Depends on your weather and tolerance for leaf litter, I suppose?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I leave mine open, I also don't lock my doors either so I have no concerns. Got a camera in the front of my house and a ring door bell. If someone walks in the driveway I'll be alerted.

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I leave mine open, I also don't lock my doors either so I have no concerns. Got a camera in the front of my house and a ring door bell. If someone walks in the driveway I'll be alerted.
I don't leave anything valuable in my jeep. I have cameras as well, but I also have another antitheft device, in case someone wants the whole truck: it's manual. We actually had a break in several years ago, and we think they wanted our Challenger. They came in, got the keys, and ransacked it, but nothing was inside, and the car was still there. Unfortunately, that incident is why we got the cameras. 6 speed saved the day.

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
There's another multiple-page thread on this exact thing.
I never would - raccoons, squirrels, dogs, cats and other critters. Nope, no way.

If I have it opened up, it's INSIDE. I don't need a ripped up and peed and crapped in interior.
Want examples - come to my place and I'll show you the damage that happens to things that sit out around here. (including a car I'm parting - parts of the carpet are all over the place around where it's sitting)

(I'm not counting the bird poop on things)

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Your tolerance for wet ass is the general deciding factor once youve gotten past the theft and shenanigans topic.

Mice typically won't invade in a night but I have found my backyard hawks using my roll bars as a hunting perch and once I found a cat I've never seen before or since sleeping on my seat, woke up and slowly hopped out like it was HIS easy chair. He got some scritchies.

I did one day at work find a huge a huge garter snake (HUGE for a garter snake) sunning in the cup holder, but I didn't find out until I was driving and the little guy was cruising up my wrist going for 3rd. My coworker nearly jump out and I just eased him into a shirt pocket. Animals love me.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Mine stays in a garage, so I would do it. If it were outside it would be a big NOPE from me. Too many animals and criminals (a special breed of animal) out there to find their way into an open Jeep.

Sponsored

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I’m the one who had the other thread on this. I was worried about critter damage in rural NW IN. But what convinced me about not leaving it open at night was the stories about cats spraying interiors.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I ordered the cab cover. I leave it out but I lock the center console. I also have my GMRS on a quick release so I pull it in at night.

condensation is real and I have had many a 5am sitting in a damp seat on the way to a trail run.
Plus the occasional rogue thunderstorm.

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
I get bird shit as flocks come and go.
Sponsored