Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I’m thinking maybe I just got a lemon, not sure, can’t wait for my overland to come in though, ready to switch!
Sponsored

Spcbl1

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Mojave, 1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Occupation
IT Director
I’m thinking maybe I just got a lemon, not sure, can’t wait for my overland to come in though, ready to switch!

No you didnt get a lemon, Mojave ride is stiff as f*ck. I test drove an Overland and fell in love with the gladiator. However, typical me cant have just the middle of the road model and I hemmed and hawwed over the two top end models. I special ordered the Mojave because of the better shocks and reinforced frame. With the Mojave i feel every bump and road imperfection, and my fiance would often get "Seasick" riding in the truck when i first got it. lesson here, dont listen to You Tube car reviewers LOL. If I ever had to do it over again I would special order Willys or Overland with LSD. and With That being said, I will not do it over again, I love my friggin truck and instead ill just beat the ever loving shit out of it, hoping that eventually the suspension will soften up in a few more tens of thousands of miles after i hit every speed bump, pothole, old lady, stray pet, and curb at full speed. :)

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No you didnt get a lemon, Mojave ride is stiff as f*ck. I test drove an Overland and fell in love with the gladiator. However, typical me cant have just the middle of the road model and I hemmed and hawwed over the two top end models. I special ordered the Mojave because of the better shocks and reinforced frame. With the Mojave i feel every bump and road imperfection, and my fiance would often get "Seasick" riding in the truck when i first got it. lesson here, dont listen to You Tube car reviewers LOL. If I ever had to do it over again I would special order Willys or Overland with LSD. and With That being said, I will not do it over again, I love my friggin truck and instead ill just beat the ever loving shit out of it, hoping that eventually the suspension will soften up in a few more tens of thousands of miles after i hit every speed bump, pothole, old lady, stray pet, and curb at full speed. :)
Thanks for your input, bud! I’ll be glad to get rid of this thing!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I've got an Overland that is all stock, with a RSI cap and rack (about 250 pounds), and a whole bunch of tools and stuff loaded. It has a ride that is fairly soft and floaty, very similar to how my '73 Buick rode.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got an Overland that is all stock, with a RSI cap and rack (about 250 pounds), and a whole bunch of tools and stuff loaded. It has a ride that is fairly soft and floaty, very similar to how my '73 Buick rode.
Did you feel like that way without anything loaded in the back

Sponsored

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
I don‘t get it. I had a JL Rubicon before this and I‘ve ridden in most of the trims. My Mojave rides great, way better than my JLR. Very smooth ride and crazy good over rough pavement and railroad tracks. LOVE this thing!

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
This may have been covered but For those having rough ride experiences with the mojave, have you checked your tire pressure? If on the high side try airing down 5 to 7 pounds and see if it helps.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mines at 37 and I’ve even lowered it to 30 to test, still rides rough as hell!

Sponsored

JamesWyatt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Nuts. Mojave rides smoother than our X3 on soft, all season tires. It’s smoother than my JLUR was, smoother than the Grand Cherokee I test drove.

If Mojave feels rough, might be a tire out of balance or out of round (defective and unable to be balanced perfectly).

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nuts. Mojave rides smoother than our X3 on soft, all season tires. It’s smoother than my JLUR was, smoother than the Grand Cherokee I test drove.

If Mojave feels rough, might be a tire out of balance or out of round (defective and unable to be balanced perfectly).
Nope, checked all of those things, still rough as hell

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some of those trims have air bags no way it could compare or be close to those

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Did you feel like that way without anything loaded in the back
It has always been that way. I think the extra weight dampens the up and down movement. There is one section of freeway here, when I first got it, that would get it moving up down enough at higher speeds that the ESC would disengage the cruise control.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Some of those trims have air bags no way it could compare or be close to those
Trims - or makes? Grand Cherokee has springs, no air bags. (unless you get the air suspension option which I believe they dropped)
Sponsored