First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Just wondering if there were any options you got or didn't get on your gladiator that you love, wish you had gotten or that turned out to be a flop? Obviously I don't want to list every option but here are some I am looking at.

Forward facing camera- I love this idea but I dont think I would use it much. Worth?
Cargo management group- I like this but I only really want the inverter, outlet. I figure the lockable storage will have a better aftermarket solution same as the actual rail system. Worth it for the outlet and inverter?
Spray in Bedliner - $495 seems like a decent deal, and it would be done from the start. But can the aftermarket do it better, especially concerning warranty?
Roll up tonneau cover - Way to go or can the aftermarket do it better.
Premium sound- Im a huge music guy but ive not even considered this. Anyone get it? love it hate it?
Adaptive Cruise - on paper it seems like something I could def live without, plus it makes you take active safety. These seem like a big no to me, am I wrong?
Premium LED - yes they look great! buuuut, is it something I can just do via the aftermarket later?
Aux Switch group - This is one I feel Is a must have. Change my mind. :D
Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
This is my subjective opinion on my Rubicon JL order

Forward Facing Trail Cam, I order this option, Tazer JL has an less expensive solution

Standard wheels that I like better, tired of black wheels, I believe the optional wheels cost about the same as the standard if purchased separately, what a rip off.

Hard top, must have, maybe I should have ordered the dual top group, a bargain if you later purchase a soft top.

Tonneau cover, I ordered it, not sure I will keep it.

Spray in bedliner, I'm going with LineX

Remote Proximity, MUST HAVE

Cloth seats, I not going to spend $1500 on plastic covered leather seating surfaces with vinyl sides, going Bartact seat covers.

Hardtop headliner, going with HotHead Headliners

Floor mats, going with Quadratec WeatherTech

Trailer Tow, must have

LED, MUST HAVE

Cold Weather, do not want or need the remote start, but want the heated seats and steering wheel.

8.4 Radio, no choice must take because of package groups

Active Safety & ACC, if they prevent one accident (even minor), then a good choice

Aux Switch, MUST HAVE, should be standard equipment.

Cargo Management Group, another a rip off to me, $1000 for a locking plastic tub a meth-head could open with a screwdriver, an under powered 120 volt bed plugin, the rails are nice though.

Eight-speed automatic transmission, such a great transmission, had it on my JL.

Engine block heater, did not order, if it gets that cold outside then humans should not live there.

Last edited:

Raven

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The only one of those I have is the Bedliner and it is nice. I was going to go without it and have it done after the fact by an aftermarket company. I am so glad I got it because it’s robust enough and now I don’t have to deal with the hassle.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The only one of those I have is the Bedliner and it is nice. I was going to go without it and have it done after the fact by an aftermarket company. I am so glad I got it because it’s robust enough and now I don’t have to deal with the hassle.
Yeah I think that is one I would definitely would do.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering if there were any options you got or didn't get on your gladiator that you love, wish you had gotten or that turned out to be a flop? Obviously I don't want to list every option but here are some I am looking at.

Forward facing camera- I love this idea but I dont think I would use it much. Worth?
Cargo management group- I like this but I only really want the inverter, outlet. I figure the lockable storage will have a better aftermarket solution same as the actual rail system. Worth it for the outlet and inverter?
Spray in Bedliner - $495 seems like a decent deal, and it would be done from the start. But can the aftermarket do it better, especially concerning warranty?
Premium sound- Im a huge music guy but ive not even considered this. Anyone get it? love it hate it?
Adaptive Cruise - on paper it seems like something I could def live without, plus it makes you take active safety. These seem like a big no to me, am I wrong?
Premium LED - yes they look great! buuuut, is it something I can just do via the aftermarket later?
Adaptive Cruise and the Aux switches are all I care about from that list. Not that the others aren't great but there are better aftermarket options, or there will be (like always) for the rest. The bed liner, which i also ordered, is a fair deal too...but its a wash with what the real world costs and mine sat at JB status (bed liner) for 3wks...so, for that reason, I cross it off the list.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Adaptive Cruise and the Aux switches are all I care about from that list. Not that the others aren't great but there are better aftermarket options, or there will be (like always) for the rest. The bed liner, which i also ordered, is a fair deal too...but its a wash with what the real world costs and mine sat at JB status (bed liner) for 3wks...so, for that reason, I cross it off the list.
Why did you feel adaptive cruise was a must? I drive a ton of highway and use cruise all the time but I just dont think I would ever use or need that. I could see if maybe I was following my wife on doing a trip or something maybe. Never happens. I dunno im just not sold on that one.

wch_Chip

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Forward facing camera- I use it all the time in normal driving. I've gotten used to parking sensors from drivking Rams and like that I can see exactly how close I am to things. I've used it on the trail a few times and think it works really well.
Cargo management group- I think the lockable storage makes it worth it. The inverter/outlet is only 400W so it doesn't really draw enough power to be totally useful plus it is shared with the outlet in the cab. I wouldn't get it if the only reason you wanted it was for the outlet.
Spray in Bedliner - The factory bedliner is actually really nice. But the price is about what you'd pay in the aftermarket. I'd say take it or leave it.
Roll up tonneau cover - I hate the factory roll up. Mine is never tight and flaps in the wind in the middle on both sides. I don't know if I just happen to have a bad one or if they are all like that. It is pretty waterproof though so that is a plus.
Premium sound- I haven't been in one without the premium sound so I have no idea how they compare. For me I think it's a must.
Adaptive Cruise - I have it. It works really well but I could probably live without it. I wouldn't option it on a custom order but I wouldn't avoid it if buying from something on the lot.
Premium LED - 100% a must. Much better than the halogens.
Aux Switch group - 100% a must.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Forward facing camera- I use it all the time in normal driving. I've gotten used to parking sensors from drivking Rams and like that I can see exactly how close I am to things. I've used it on the trail a few times and think it works really well.
Cargo management group- I think the lockable storage makes it worth it. The inverter/outlet is only 400W so it doesn't really draw enough power to be totally useful plus it is shared with the outlet in the cab. I wouldn't get it if the only reason you wanted it was for the outlet.
Spray in Bedliner - The factory bedliner is actually really nice. But the price is about what you'd pay in the aftermarket. I'd say take it or leave it.
Roll up tonneau cover - I hate the factory roll up. Mine is never tight and flaps in the wind in the middle on both sides. I don't know if I just happen to have a bed one or if they are all like that. It is pretty waterproof though so that is a plus.
Premium sound- I haven't been in one without the premium sound so I have no idea how they compare. For me I think it's a must.
Adaptive Cruise - I have it. It works really well but I could probably live without it. I wouldn't option it on a custom order but I wouldn't avoid it if buying from something on the lot.
Premium LED - 100% a must. Much better than the halogens.
Aux Switch group - 100% a must.
Now those are solid answers. <3<3<3

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Why did you feel adaptive cruise was a must? I drive a ton of highway and use cruise all the time but I just dont think I would ever use or need that. I could see if maybe I was following my wife on doing a trip or something maybe. Never happens. I dunno im just not sold on that one.
Its pretty handy on trips. Just click your speed and roll...it'll handle all the adjustments to vehicle separation. Not saying its a must, but its one of those things, that if you want it, there's no aftermarket for it (that I'm aware of) so you should get it as an option.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Its pretty handy on trips. Just click your speed and roll...it'll handle all the adjustments to vehicle separation. Not saying its a must, but its one of those things, that if you want it, there's no aftermarket for it (that I'm aware of) so you should get it as an option.
fair points!

Sponsored

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
Cargo Management Group- This was a must have for me, you just get too much stuff to pass on it. Lockable storage is a must in a vehicle you will leave the tops and doors off. So those lockable bins are amazing, and fit all my stuff from underneath my old Ram's seats. The power outlet gives you the ability for so many things on and off the trail. Personally I am using it for a portable roller grill. The trail rails also give you tie downs that will allow you to maximize the usefulness of the bed.

Spray Liner- I went for it because I didn't want to wait for an opening at my local line-x. I am very impressed, it is the best looking liner I have seen from a truck. Better than my Ram's factory liner, in look and thickness. Line-X is awesome and there factory warranty is second to none, so either way you are not going to be disappointed.

Roll-Up Tonneau Cover- Personally I love it, it matches the soft top perfectly and I have not seen a drop of water in the bed. There are better aftermarket options if you want a more secure feeling bed, but for the ease of use and style, I really like the Bestop/Mopar one.

Alpine Speaker Audio Group- Worth every penny, the bass response is fantastic! If you want a good sound system this is a great base to start with.

Led Lighting Group- I passed on this option. The factory LED lights are one of the best LED lights on the market and the high beams are crazy bright. The problem that I have with them is that I went with a Rubicon, and the LED light package has to be added for certain options. Those options being the steel bumper group and the front facing camera. I felt obligated to get those options once I added that. The steel bumper group is great, but I wanted to add my own touch to the vehicle. The Gladiator Rubicon also already comes with a front skid plate with the plastic bumper. My replacement front bumper, doesn't have holes for fog lights, so I would waste money. I also plan on getting the American Adventure Lab fender led braces, so again wasting money. I am going with a aftermarket led light now.

Aux Switch Group- Just get it, it's worth it.

Jonny55

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
I just got mine and if I could do it over again:

Forward facing camera- Not really worth it, the screen is too small, the wide angle too skewed to give an honest representation of the ruts/rocks in front of the vehicle. Cool for pulling up real close to something..but how may times do you need to do that?
Cargo management group- Worth it, could be 100$ less of a pill to swallow IMO but I would do it over again.
Spray in Bedliner - 100% Totally worth it
Roll up tonneau cover - Not worth it, offerings on amazon for 150-200$ seem to be equivalent or better.
Premium sound- I'm a big music guy as well, I have the premium package and have to say it is very good compared to not having it. That being said, still the worst sound system I've had in a vehicle out of the last 4. The others were done by Fender, H&K and Bose though.. The "base" sound system is pretty bad.
Adaptive Cruise - 100% not worth it, it's a fun gimmick for a bit, but eventually you'll stop using it. I had it on my golf r and I thought it was cool but redundant.
Premium LED - 100% worth it, the led's light up the forest, they are also included everywhere else you have light on the vehicle.
Aux Switch group -100% worth it, if you don't use it now, you will later. A must have for resale bonus points as well.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase

I'm not a smoker but my husband is and I ordered the smokers option, what a rip off, a poorly designed ashtray that takes up a drink holder hole and a cig. lighter plug for $30

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services

Camera - I Love it, and you can hit it with washer fluid if it gets dirty. Maybe not necessary, but its come in handy so far for me a few times over the last 2 weeks.

Cargo Mgmt - The inverter is kinda weak, but the lockable storage has been useful, and I'm not sure what other kind of aftermarket solution will make it any better than it is. The Rail system by itself is worth it and well built. Coin flip on this one

Bedliner - Depending on where you live, the costs could be cheaper than factory to get it done aftermarket. On top of that, better warranty and better thickness (I went Rhino and love it's non-skid feeling)

Cover - Buy the one on amazon that fits the Colorado (MaxMate?)

Premium sound - Nothing to compare it to but I will say I'm very happy I went premium. Good bass for a factory system, speakers sound great.

ACC - Helpful in traffic. if you have a lot of traffic or do a lot of driving, go for it, if not, then don't.

Premium LED - Yes, you can aftermarket, but the factory LED's are very nice.

Aux - Absolutely get it. Makes it very easy to plug and play.
Sponsored