First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
When I'm scanning local inventory on Jeep.com for Sport S models, the #1 most important feature to me is Max Tow for the 4.10 gearing under factory warranty. (Assuming you are not going Rubicon). Beyond that, I check Cold Weather group and the 7" radio. Aux switches nice from factory but can be added after for a little more cost and hassle, preferred. Anything else I would rather do aftermarket.

Oh, and hard top in black, with an intent to add front Sunrider option from Bestop after the fact.

Things I would NOT want include leather seats (not a fan in general since they breathe worse than cloth and they make the lowest position of the driver seat higher on Gladiator, bad for tall me). And of course ACC/FCW (AKA the "Evil Box") it blocks windshield space and it is an expensive nanny-state option...other threads on this with opinions on both sides.
im short as hell so ill take whatever help I can get. :LOL:
Sponsored

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Premium LED - yes they look great! buuuut, is it something I can just do via the aftermarket later?
I haven't ordered but I think this is a must. Only other option would be HID w/ projectors if they offered it or if you were going to retrofit them after the fact.

You can put aftermarket LEDs into the halogen housings but it's never going to be right. They might be brighter but the light output is still all wrong. Aftermarket solutions seem to keep getting brighter to compensate for the flawed light pattern. The reflectors are designed for a halogen bulb that puts out light in a spherical pattern while LEDs put out light from wherever the little square LEDs are on the stick/board. They've gotten much better over the years but it's still not correct and you can see it, or not see it as the case may be. Aftermarket LED light pattern seems to work better in projectors than reflector housings as well.

Factory LEDs have reflectors that should have been designed for the specific LED bulbs that are used so light output should be correct and better than any aftermarket solution, excluding full housing swaps.

Just my $0.02 on headlights.

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
does cruise control even work with the manual? ACC work with a manual?
Yes and yes. It just won’t slow you down to less than 15 mph.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Im kind of just trying to forget about a manual. I did a search on any dealer that is within 100's of miles from me and nobody had a manual. The odds of a manual landing on a dealer lot in the config I want I think would even be more rare. If you werent doing anything wild color wise, just a red or black maybe, manual, hard top, mt tires, bed lined, LED lights, maybe the stereo. how long would that take to get?

jthadius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2018 Land Rover Discovery HSE Td6
Im kind of just trying to forget about a manual. I did a search on any dealer that is within 100's of miles from me and nobody had a manual. The odds of a manual landing on a dealer lot in the config I want I think would even be more rare. If you werent doing anything wild color wise, just a red or black maybe, manual, hard top, mt tires, bed lined, LED lights, maybe the stereo. how long would that take to get?
I ordered on 8/17 and look set to get around the first week in October (it’s already on a rail car headed my way. But of course, you’re experience may differ. Dealer will tell you 8-12 weeks, but they seem to be doing better recently.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I ordered on 8/17 and look set to get around the first week in October (it’s already on a rail car headed my way. But of course, you’re experience may differ. Dealer will tell you 8-12 weeks, but they seem to be doing better recently.
Same here. I ordered about a week after you, and if things stay on track, look to be taking delivery about a week after you. So about 6 weeks or so?

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Why would you want the heated seats and steering wheel but not the remote start? The Remote start is programmed so that at certain temps, the seats and steering wheel kick on automatically, and in hotter weather, the AC kicks on with the remote. Just can't see why you wouldn't use the remote.
I had remote start on my JL, never used it, did use the heated seats and steering wheel. My Jl stayed in the garage at home and so will my JT, did not take long for the JL to warm up or cool down when parked outside.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob

That is very encouraging info, I ordered a JT Rubicon on 8/30, I was ready for an 8-weeks or more wait, but I will take it earlier.

Sponsored

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
I had remote start on my JL, never used it, did use the heated seats and steering wheel. My Jl stayed in the garage at home and so will my JT, did not take long for the JL to warm up or cool down when parked outside.
The amount you use remote start is very dependent on where you live. I use mine daily in Wisconsin during the winter. It takes a vehicle a while to warm up when it's -20 outside.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
The amount you use remote start is very dependent on where you live. I use mine daily in Wisconsin during the winter. It takes a vehicle a while to warm up when it's -20 outside.
And the opposite end of the spectrum here. Was 103 degrees with 90%+ humidity yesterday. Takes a good while to cool that down.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
that is one they probably figured the aftermarket would handle for them.
There are...but when you roll out your "hey, we can tow over 7,000 pounds truck" - you make that an option :) - For safety on both sides.

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
Consider the Trailer Tow package. The extra engine cooling alone is worth it, IMO.
True, though keep in mind it also appears to reduce your payload capacity about 400 pounds for the Sport and Sport S (no similar effect on the Overland and Rubicon).
Sponsored