nerdridesbikes

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado
Haven’t ordered yet, but here’s my plan:

Forward facing camera- I really want this, mostly to see my dogs when they won’t let me in the driveway. Don’t want to spend the extra on the bumper and LED so if it’s in the budget I will. If not, maybe aftermarket.
Cargo management group- Don’t see anything I have to have.
Spray in Bedliner - Definitely getting this. easier to spend the money at the outset. Didn’t get this on my Colorado, so it never got lined 3 years into it.
Roll up tonneau cover - I think I’m going with a cap. So if I don’t like those options, I’ll buy an aftermarket cover.
Premium sound- If I don’t have the premium sound, I will need to go aftermarket. If I do get it, it’ll prob be good enough, and I want the bigger screen so as a package it makes sense for me.
Adaptive Cruise - Hated it on other cars. Doesn’t work with Massachusetts drivers who sit slow in the left lane, and ill end up not paying attention and just going slow.
Premium LED - not sure, I like the idea but not sure if it’s worth the money
Aux Switch group - Yep. Want this
Cold Weather - in NH. Need this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Haven’t ordered yet, but here’s my plan:

Forward facing camera- I really want this, mostly to see my dogs when they won’t let me in the driveway. Don’t want to spend the extra on the bumper and LED so if it’s in the budget I will. If not, maybe aftermarket.
Cargo management group- Don’t see anything I have to have.
Spray in Bedliner - Definitely getting this. easier to spend the money at the outset. Didn’t get this on my Colorado, so it never got lined 3 years into it.
Roll up tonneau cover - I think I’m going with a cap. So if I don’t like those options, I’ll buy an aftermarket cover.
Premium sound- If I don’t have the premium sound, I will need to go aftermarket. If I do get it, it’ll prob be good enough, and I want the bigger screen so as a package it makes sense for me.
Adaptive Cruise - Hated it on other cars. Doesn’t work with Massachusetts drivers who sit slow in the left lane, and ill end up not paying attention and just going slow.
Premium LED - not sure, I like the idea but not sure if it’s worth the money
Aux Switch group - Yep. Want this
Cold Weather - in NH. Need this.
Basically summed it up for me.
I'm not sold on LED's despite everyones love. I drive at night one day a week.

Forward cam, think I'll end up passing. I dont really plan on hitting the trails with my glad. The only thing around here (NE KY) is giant mud pits and pin striping.

Premium sound - would be nice.
Cold weather - must
Safety anything - no thanks fam

Cargo - love the idea, but still watching to see if aftermarket comes out with something. Do the back seats still lock without this package?

Aux switch - must
Towing - may as well

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Things I would NOT want include leather seats (not a fan in general since they breathe worse than cloth and they make the lowest position of the driver seat higher on Gladiator, bad for tall me)

Can anyone confirm this? I’ve only been in leather equipped models and my only complaint is the seat being too tall

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
Just picked up mine, wish I got the keyless locks within the first time of getting in and out my cadi spoiled me on that
Why couldn’t they make the rear window powered ugh

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Just picked up mine, wish I got the keyless locks within the first time of getting in and out my cadi spoiled me on that
That rear window looks odd. explain to me how it works. ive not seen anyone talk about it. (talking about hard top I presume)
NVM i googled it.
So it slides like the old chevy trucks used to. I can live with that. My blazer has electric rear window and it just get slower and slower over the years.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Weight. My F-150 window motor broke twice in two years manual is better

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Weight. My F-150 window motor broke twice in two years manual is better
yeah i would imagine it would be hell to try and replace too. would end up being like the fuel pump where people just cut an access hole to fix it kinda thing.

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Forward facing camera- Definite yes for me, it works with the built-in screen and the rocks around Las Vegas... let's just say this will come in real handy when going through some tight spots. It won't replace a spotter but it will reduce the need. Also I have a child and dogs, all of whom like to run in front of daddy's truck as he pulls into the driveway
Cargo management group- Many of the aftermarket bed cover accessories rely on this, I see no reason not to get it, plus the locking under-seat bins seem like must-haves
Spray in Bedliner - Nope. Factory liner is very thin, better to wait and get a real Line-X coating after purchase. That will be twice as thick and protective. Besides, I'll be Line-X'ing the black fenders as well, to protect them from desert pin-striping caused by all the sharp bushes that hang into the trails. That's what all the Jeep enthusiasts do out here
Roll up tonneau cover - On the fence, I think I prefer the armis hard roll-up aftermarket cover , but I think it's better to wait and see what rack I end up wanting, then finding a cover that will actually fit underneath it.
Premium sound- Easy yes, if only for the bigger screen and better sound
Adaptive Cruise/Active Safety Group - Easy yes. Driving long distance on the interstates out west to get to some of the cooler trails makes ACC a no-brainer. Probably won't use it day-to-day, but on the days when I have a 1+ hour drive, it will come in really handy (>1 hour for Vegas people means leaving Las Vegas and driving too damned far through no-man's land, whether interstate or the loneliest highway in America, there's nowhere in Vegas/Henderson that's over an hour away from anywhere else in Vegas/Henderson). Besides, as someone else said, if it helps me avoids even a single accident it will have paid for itself
Premium LED - Heck yes, bright, looks good, easier than waiting and finding aftermarket
Aux Switch group - Absolute must-have, cheap, not sure why you'd buy a JT without it
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry - I was on the fence, but then I realized that you still need a keyfob to start the car, so I'll never be able to just drop down to a simple non-electronic key. Once I researched this more on the forums it seems like a good idea
Leather Seats - That's a hard no, and the main reason I didn't give in and just buy a Launch Edition. Living in Las Vegas, leather gets too damned hot. JT options include seat warmers, but not seat coolers!
Cold Weather Group - Yes, even though it's called "cold weather" group. Living in the southwest it's just as important to be able to start cooling the car before I put my toddler in it
Trailer Tow Package - Yes, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it! That's not something you're adding aftermarket
Hardtop Headliner - Nope, I'll get the Hothead headliner aftermarket
Steel Bumper - I'm leaning towards no, and getting an aftermarket winch-capable bumper. Still on the fence, though

(Haven't ordered my Gobi yet, waiting for the trailer brake option next month)

Sponsored

AngelArmorNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Tundra Crewmax, Indian Springfield Dark Horse
I am not a big fan of options on most vehicles. I like to pay for what makes sense and do the rest on the cheap after the fact because I can buy it piecemeal and get only what I want without paying for extras. That said, for my purposes (towing>off road) I went with the Sport S. The max tow package was a now brainer. I priced out the spray in bedliner, hard trifold tonneau and all weather mats. All were cheaper through my dealer than if I ordered them elsewhere so that was another easy decision. I would have liked to stay with the manual tranny but terrible reviews coupled with a drop of ~4k tow lbs... another no brainer to go to auto. Besides that I kept everything base. No upgraded tech, screen, audio, bluetooth speaker, cargo system, safety group, blah blah blah. I am just glad that I have finally found a vehicle that lets me not pay for all the crap I don't want.

Oatmeal

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
The blind spot also added LED taillights and parking sensors. Those are two big wins for me that added to the blind spot cake.

The door sensors are friggin great.

Speakers are a must have, aftermarket subs are quite costly.

I personally like the look of the mid terrain tires, that option is free.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I am not a big fan of options on most vehicles. I like to pay for what makes sense and do the rest on the cheap after the fact because I can buy it piecemeal and get only what I want without paying for extras. That said, for my purposes (towing>off road) I went with the Sport S. The max tow package was a now brainer. I priced out the spray in bedliner, hard trifold tonneau and all weather mats. All were cheaper through my dealer than if I ordered them elsewhere so that was another easy decision. I would have liked to stay with the manual tranny but terrible reviews coupled with a drop of ~4k tow lbs... another no brainer to go to auto. Besides that I kept everything base. No upgraded tech, screen, audio, bluetooth speaker, cargo system, safety group, blah blah blah. I am just glad that I have finally found a vehicle that lets me not pay for all the crap I don't want.
Yeah I was hoping to save some money with manual but I'm leaning hard automatic as the manual reviews aren't great.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Can anyone confirm this? I’ve only been in leather equipped models and my only complaint is the seat being too tall
When I picked up my leather Rubicon the seats were high. When I got home I found the adjustment and was able to lower it significantly and it was much more comfortable...
Sponsored