What options are you struggling with?

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Obviously things will change once the prices come out, the order banks open, and we start seeing these in person. But while we wait, are there any options that you are having trouble deciding on?

First for me is the color: it's between Gobi and Gator, but I really need to see Gator in person. I've seen Gobi (it's awesome), but I don't trust the color in the configurator, and I'm not sure about those factory pics.

Second is the top: on a Wrangler, a premium soft top is a no-brainer for me. For the Gladiator, I'm not totally on board with how the soft top opens. I wish it went all the way down. As for the hard top, the body-colored one is growing on me. I don't like them on Wranglers, at all, but to me on a JT it hearkens back to Willys Trucks or an original Power Wagon. Why doesn't a body-colored hard top on a Wrangler remind me of a Willys Wagon? I don't know lol. I guess I just want a Wrangler to look like a Wrangler, four doors or not.

I'm sure I'll think of other
things, but these are the first two that popped into my head.
Sponsored

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Obviously things will change once the prices come out, the order banks open, and we start seeing these in person. But while we wait, are there any options that you are having trouble deciding on?

First for me is the color: it's between Gobi and Gator, but I really need to see Gator in person. I've seen Gobi (it's awesome), but I don't trust the color in the configurator, and I'm not sure about those factory pics.

Second is the top: on a Wrangler, a premium soft top is a no-brainer for me. For the Gladiator, I'm not totally on board with how the soft top opens. I wish it went all the way down. As for the hard top, the body-colored one is growing on me. I don't like them on Wranglers, at all, but to me on a JT it hearkens back to Willys Trucks or an original Power Wagon. Why doesn't a body-colored hard top on a Wrangler remind me of a Willys Wagon? I don't know lol. I guess I just want a Wrangler to look like a Wrangler, four doors or not.

I'm sure I'll think of other
things, but these are the first two that popped into my head.
I'm in the same boat! I never thought I'd want a hard top jeep but it looks so good. plus the hard top should be pretty manageable with this size. I'm likely going with Gator and am leaning towards the black roof so I don't have to be as concerned with scratches as I would with the painted one. plus i'm going with the black fenders so the plastic roof will match better.

My order is going to be:
Rubi
6spd
Gator
Tow Pkg
LED Pkg
Standard Radio (will upgrade speakers later)
Tow
Brown interior if I can get it.
Cold Weather Pkg

I'm debating leather vs. just getting nice covers

OP
OP
Jeepers!

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Brown interior if I can get it.
I'm definitely getting leather because I'm counting on the seats getting rained on. I was 100% on the dark saddle, but now that I've seen pictures I'm just not sure. I wish it were darker. Will have to see it in person.

I'm a little torn on fenders but am leaning towards painted. I just like the classic Jeep look. But black would definitely hold up better and it might look better with a black top. It's oddly hard to find a pic of a JT with black top and black fenders. Most pictures released have one or the other.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Proximity entry and the 2 safety packages. All is does is get your heart pumping before the crash!
No proximity for me. I have never had it so I won't miss it, besides there have been mixed reports on how well it works.

I am also very back and forth on the safety packages. I for every pro I think of a con. If pricing is above what I have anticipated these will be the first to go. Next to go would be the body colored fenders, I am not getting the body colored top. I like the black top, plus it will be easier to keep it looking good while storing it all summer.

Color is also something I change my mind on once a week.

CbtEngr8591

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubi
top, interior color/type, fenders (painted/not), color if gator turns out to be not what I'm looking for

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I am not one who has the same build every time. Probably price first. After that, I'm an either or buyer. Either stock as a rock or overland with luxury. Either 2020 JT or resto. Timing also important. If I can afford, and the JTs are available on lots, I might grab one up. If I have to wait 3 months for an under invoice deal, that will influence my timing. Only thing I know is I will have a less tech JT I can love and afford as a daily driver as soon as purchasing conditions are met.

Sponsored

NoBigDeal

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Mine is going to sound extremely dumb, but I'm on the fence with premium audio. I have no idea how the premium audio will be for the Jeep, but I've had several vehicles and currently have two with premium audio. They have all been pretty underwhelming. Plus, I live down dirt roads about 5 miles to the nearest pavement. From my experience, factory speakers don't hold up to well to all the vibration of driving up and down the dirt roads. Lastly, again I'm not certain how Jeep handles it, but from vehicles I've owned it is fairly expensive and a pretty big headache to swap out the factory head unit to something aftermarket. There are several functions that are only accessible through the factory head unit, vent control, heated steering wheel, things like that.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Color... love the Gator idea, but no luck yet on irrefutable color evidence. If it's awful, most likely Black, but Sting Gray is still in the mix.

Seats... not a fan of the red stitching and dash, Dark Saddle is the way out, except it isn't very dark. Or a saddle to be precise, but I can overlook that. Various schemes of seat switching or Katzkin or dash panel swaps or just giving up and getting a Black Gladiator with all the red, which bothers me less on a Black one, with the bonus of early availability.

Bed Liner... might not get it factory and get LineX which seems superior and has better coverage. My Silverado has a great bedliner... except they didn't spray the gap between the tailgate and bed, and everything that can possibly grind against paint falls in there. I'm not sure yet on the Gladiator factory spray in liner whether that's the case.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Same here, thanks. Actually, it’s Sting Gray vs. Gator or Crystal Granite.
If it helps I have given crystal granite some serious thought. I like it a lot but it has lots sparkle in it. From past experience the sparkle makes it really hard to touch up and buff out the trail pinstripes. String gray would be much easier. String gray is my third choice with black and gator fighting for the 1 and 2 spots. Seems like a new leader every other day.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
My Biggest struggle is between a Rubicon or Sport S
I’m really set on Navi, and LED light package but I can’t get that on the Sport S.

I’m set on a fairly loaded Rubicon

Gator
Manual trans
Dark saddle
Trailer tow package
Led
Cold weather
Premium audio with Nav
Aux switch
Cargo management group
Dual top
Tonneau
Spray in bed liner
Trail cam
Trail brake control

But if I’m sitting at over 60k after taxes I’ll be going with the Sport S
Which I will have to settle with then how I’d want it.
Sponsored