First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Glazier
I know it's a jeep but just curious if anyone else noticed more noise from the passenger side. I have a hardtop and a sunrider and the sound is the same with both. It's not bad just had always seemed weird that is only one side
Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Need more info...where is the sound coming from. Door jam by A pillar, Top of windshield, what?

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
Check your drain plug on that side.
My wife accidentally kicked it loose once and the change in noise level was pretty substantial. Took a while to find it as the issue...but that was it. Popped it back in tight...noise gone.

OP
OP

Silverslayer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Glazier
It sounds like near a pillar but hard to tell really. I'll check the plug but it seems higher up. Only thing I can really figure is if the door is slightly racked, not compressing the weatherstrip towards the top

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
If it comes from the front of the glass, lower corner it's the triangular shaped moulding by the mirror. It's replaceable. I had mine replaced and it took care of 90% of it. I took black silicone (so it wasn't noticeable) and sealed the small openings on the top and bottom and it all went away. An easy way to see if that is it is to put masking tape over the 3 sides onf the moulding where it touches the body. If the noise goes away, that's your issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Silverslayer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Glazier
If it comes from the front of the glass, lower corner it's the triangular shaped moulding by the mirror. It's replaceable. I had mine replaced and it took care of 90% of it. I took black silicone (so it wasn't noticeable) and sealed the small openings on the top and bottom and it all went away. An easy way to see if that is it is to put masking tape over the 3 sides onf the moulding where it touches the body. If the noise goes away, that's your issue.
Thanks, I'll take a look at that

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
This. I tried to find this thread for others that had this issue with no luck. I am not bookmarking that to help lol
I might be slightly less than impartial, but this site needs a "Fixing things the dealer can't or won't" forum, and that thread should be tacked

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I might be slightly less than impartial, but this site needs a "Fixing things the dealer can't or won't" forum, and that thread should be tacked
If you're referring to this particular repair, my dealer replaced both sides under warranty. I took the initiative to seal the top and bottom with silicone as I'm anal about such things. The replacement pieces took care of 90% of what I was hearing.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I paid $7.50 each for the parts after the dealership determined there was no issue, hence that thread.

In retrospect $15 is a small price to pay to be spared the indignity of dealing with Skip, Gomer and Sal at the dealership.

Quite honestly unless it is a repair that runs into the thousands of dollars or is beyond my technical ability, I really don't want to be subjected to the "dealer experience".

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
It sounds like near a pillar but hard to tell really. I'll check the plug but it seems higher up. Only thing I can really figure is if the door is slightly racked, not compressing the weatherstrip towards the top
Is this concern still present, Silverslayer and have you visited the dealer for it? Send us a private message if you'd like to discuss with us further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I think it’s a Jeep thing. At 75 mph the wind noise in mine is terrible

seacatrule

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Gladiator 2020
I know it's a jeep but just curious if anyone else noticed more noise from the passenger side. I have a hardtop and a sunrider and the sound is the same with both. It's not bad just had always seemed weird that is only one side
[/I had a noise problem passenger side come to find out the drain plug on the floor fell out causing noise to travel up under the mat to behind the dash. Put a floor plug in, noise gone!
Sponsored