Sponsored

Peer Review: About to pull the trigger on this lift setup

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.
With rejoice and lots of searching I finally found a local shop I feel confident in installing my planned suspension lift. I feel I've done more than due diligence searching and think I've decided on the parts below:

Synergy JT 1 & 2 Inch Stage 1 Suspension System - https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-...age-1-suspension-system.html?category_id=5992

paired with Shocks

Falcon Jeep JT Falcon SP2 2.1 Monotube Shocks - https://teraflex.com/jt-falcon-sp2-2-1-monotube-shock-kit-2-3-5-lift.html

Any feedback is appreciated. I feel the Synergy system would allow me to upgrade further parts as needed with a solid base.

The runner-up kit was the AEV Dual Sport RT 2.5" Kit

Rims would be AEV Salta XR 17x8.5 and I plan on putting 35x12.50r17 Goodyear Duratracs (I get 25% off goodyear tires, thanks USAA)
Sponsored

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Are you sure the +25 offset is enough for a Sport?
Unless I missed something, which honestly is why I'm asking, the rims and lift should be fine on a sport max tow.

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
With rejoice and lots of searching I finally found a local shop I feel confident in installing my planned suspension lift. I feel I've done more than due diligence searching and think I've decided on the parts below:

Synergy JT 1 & 2 Inch Stage 1 Suspension System - https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-...age-1-suspension-system.html?category_id=5992

paired with Shocks

Falcon Jeep JT Falcon SP2 2.1 Monotube Shocks - https://teraflex.com/jt-falcon-sp2-2-1-monotube-shock-kit-2-3-5-lift.html

Any feedback is appreciated. I feel the Synergy system would allow me to upgrade further parts as needed with a solid base.

The runner-up kit was the AEV Dual Sport RT 2.5" Kit

Rims would be AEV Salta XR 17x8.5 and I plan on putting 35x12.50r17 Goodyear Duratracs (I get 25% off goodyear tires, thanks USAA)
You didn't mention which lift 1" or 2" ? I think overall, your picks will work out and look good.

Are you sure the +25 offset is enough for a Sport?
He's got a Max Tow, so wider axles plus a 1-2" lift and he can easily handle the +25 offset. Should give the extra clearance over the +44 stock rims for the longer control arms, coils, and shocks on 35s.

I have a non-Max Tow sport S, my wheels are a 0 offset and I have about 2" of tire poke. The +25 should give you minimal tire poke with those tires.

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You didn't mention which lift 1" or 2" ? I think overall, your picks will work out and look good.

He's got a Max Tow, so wider axles plus a 1-2" lift and he can easily handle the +25 offset. Should give the extra clearance over the +44 stock rims for the longer control arms, coils, and shocks on 35s.

I have a non-Max Tow sport S, my wheels are a 0 offset and I have about 2" of tire poke. The +25 should give you minimal tire poke with those tires.
The 2" setup, and thank you.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I am running the Synergy front 2" coils, Synergy front track bar and the Falcon 2.1 monotube shocks. Happy with that setup and no complaints.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I am running the Synergy front 2" coils, Synergy front track bar and the Falcon 2.1 monotube shocks. Happy with that setup and no complaints.
Which synergy coil spring numbers - 8863-20 ??
and how much "lift" did you get?

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
:like: Perfect! :like:

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Which synergy coil spring numbers - 8863-20 ??
and how much "lift" did you get?
(1) SYN-8863-20 2" Front Coil Springs, Pair
(1) SYN-8865-20 2" Rear Coil Springs, Pair

Haven't gotten yet, peer checking before I pull the trigger on everything

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
(1) SYN-8863-20 2" Front Coil Springs, Pair
(1) SYN-8865-20 2" Rear Coil Springs, Pair

Haven't gotten yet, peer checking before I pull the trigger on everything
Was wondering what Hootbro had since he has them installed, so I can get an idea on the actual amount of lift he really got.

I have the 1" springs ( 8863-10 ) under the front of my Overland and got no lift at all.
They simply put it back to stock height after the bumper and winch install. 0 lift.
But I LOVE the ride and handling with them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Was wondering what Hootbro had since he has them installed, so I can get an idea on the actual amount of lift he really got.

I have the 1" springs ( 8863-10 ) under the front of my Overland and got no lift at all.
They simply put it back to stock height after the bumper and winch install. 0 lift.
Awesome, I'm feeling confident in my choices then, thanks :like: :rock:

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

I installed the 8863-20 front spring set. Advertised as 2" for 4dr applications JL/JT. Actual was about 1.75". After installing a stubby Go Rhino bumper with 12K rated winch, the squat was maybe 1.25" of lift after which is about what I wanted. Kept the stock 33" tire size. If I was to go to 35" tires, I would put the 2" springs in the back. With 2" bump stops on the front, I installed the Falcon 2.1, 0"-1.5" series shocks.

Edit: I used the longer front lower control arms that come in the MOPAR 2" lift kit also in addition to the MOPAR lift kit end links for the front sway bar. Plus the Synergy front adjustable track bar.

I will take a side view picture tomorrow and post that up for reference.

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I installed the 8863-20 front spring set. Advertised as 2" for 4dr applications JL/JT. Actual was about 1.75". After installing a stubby Go Rhino bumper with 12K rated winch, the squat was maybe 1.25" of lift after which is about what I wanted. Kept the stock 33" tire size. If I was to go to 35" tires, I would put the 2" springs in the back. With 2" bump stops on the front, I installed the Falcon 2.1, 0"-1.5" series shocks.

I will take a side view picture tomorrow and post that up for reference.
Thank you for the info

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
You didn't say what was your goal with this, or rather what's your typical usage of your truck. What you want it to do for your? Without this it's kind of hard to give any feedback besides that yes some company makes generally better quality stuff than others, but for what use..

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
After installing a stubby Go Rhino bumper with 12K rated winch, the squat was maybe 1.25" of lift after which is about what I wanted.
So to put it in my words so it's clear to me and my haphazard organization.........
You originally had about 1.75" lift with the 2" springs
You then added bumper and winch, and the end result was 1.25" of lift over what you had before the springs.
I'm hoping the 2" springs give me 1" as now it's 0 lift.
Would like to figure it out as it's easier to put .75" spacers in when the springs go in rather than to see - rats, it only lifted it .5" and then take it all apart and add spacers.

I'm happy with the springs, just that the JT is obviously heavier than the JL which is what they rate their springs at when they assign the 1" and 2" numbers.
My overland is easily as heavy as a loaded Rubicon on the front end with the steel bumper and winch.
Sponsored